The Funniest Writing Game!

I tried to think of what the most absurd things I could do to my poor life. There was a half dozen things that went wrong with that thing.

2 Likes

Like my driving exam :smiley: !

2 Likes

What a storied history!

WAT

1 Like

IKR? LOL!

IDEK!

Imagine this guy teaching kids at all:

1 Like

He’s not even qualified enough to teach class 3-E

1 Like

This website took the (very unedited) death scene of one of my characters and was like… Nah, he lives. The end.

4 Likes

At least he didn’t teach Shakespeare in the Rasputin Rifle Association.

2 Likes

I’ll put in BOLD the places I added in. Know that Pandora is a shy dorky girl. Not a woman on a mission XD I sometimes just used a few words to see what the thing would give me.

Pandora Stewart, as she was called in this world, couldn’t have been more of a polar opposite to what it took to be a thief. Under the watchful eye of the full moon, she paced back and forth on the sidewalk along Seashell Street, rubbing her hands together, and chewing her lip, like a woman on a mission.

She was the only person to notice someone who hadn’t been observed before.

“I don’t have any of my tools or anything. I just know a handful of passwords and stuff,” Rob mumbled.

“Likely that,” Pandora said, with an edge to her voice. “And I can see why that would be an important thing to know. We could be caught up in all sorts of trouble if someone loses their keycard and stuff.”

Rob thought. “You know of anyone who could help us? Someone with a keycard and knowledge of this place?”

“Haven’t thought about that.”

“I’m serious. This isn’t going to get resolved if I’m too sloppy about things.”

“I’m serious too. This isn’t something I ever thought I’d be doing.”

“Me either. But I’m good at what I do.”

“You’re a thief,” Pandora said, with no hint of any kind of sarcasm or joking manner. “And the guards will have seen you. I can’t think of anyone who would be better suited to help us with this than the last person who worked here.”

“And just like that? It’s like, I help you and I get the money and go? I could be in an asylum or a psych ward for the rest of my life for all the trouble that will cause,” Rob said.

“A danger to society?” Pandora asked, cutting him off. “You don’t want to be too brutal about it. But the balance of power is so off here, we have to be, if we don’t want people to take advantage of us.”

“That’s the thing, though. What, if you get caught? The guards will be a lot more soft on you.”

“They’ll be a lot more hard on the guy who brought us in,” Pandora said, glancing back at the building, and making a hand motion for the male figure to come out from the shadows.

A second man stepped out.

With a lot of effort, and some stealth, and using the rooftop, the first man slid between the sheets of ropes covering the windows and doors, and moved to the bottom floor.

He had a machete he used to slice the sheet of ropes and a pair of bolt cutters, one at each wrist.

Once the ropes were cut and broken, the thief jumped down from the rooftop. As he landed, a knife was pulled from a boot, and was thrown in the direction of the window.

His head cracked the glass. The steel tips of the blade scraped across the windowpane.

The thief jumped, clutching at the glass.

He vaulted out of the window. The demon raised her foot at him, and crushed the side of his face, forcing him to fall back. She was facing the street, he was staring at her.

She backed up, then leaped, landing on his chest, as if it was marshmallows.

He cried out, reaching for her in an effort to wrestle her off. She crushed his windpipe, and drove the heel of her boot into his temple.

“It would help if you’d stop breaking my tools,” he said.

Overall, after I typed “thrown” suddenly this secretive mission turned into some kind of battle out of the blue and the names evaporated, and once I put “demon” in it went all off :stuck_out_tongue: But this thing isn’t bad for inspiration. Although it doesn’t write in the style I would.

But oh my gosh, Pandora and this Rob guy spend way too long talking about the mission than actually getting to it already.

Weird thing though: Pandora does end up dating a guy named Robert “Rob” Bain :eyes:

1 Like

I just typed in “Once upon a time,” and got this. Why so serious? :sweat_smile: This is not something that should start with “once upon a time”.

Once upon a time, the Supreme Court was used by the politically powerful to enforce racial segregation and, for much of its tenure, it was a liberal bastion with membership that included President John F. Kennedy.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m back XD There’s an issue with tense, but it’s kind of interesting until it turns into a DVD promo??

Claudia Valentine was thirty-two and newly widowed after her husband was found beheaded in the loft of the family home.

She lives in a state of shock and doubts that the culprit has been found.

Her friend Francesca, an exorcist from Boston, insists that evil has found a way in and seeks to move into Claudia’s home.

The show has been released on Region 1 DVD in North America, Germany and France.

The original theatrical release contains an introduction by director Giuseppe Tornatore

1 Like

Um… I’m not sure what it turned into–

Summary

Sara usually tried not to think about who she was before she found the gang. The memories weren’t bad – quite the opposite, actually – but it reminded her of who she was supposed to be, and how that life had ended. That was one wound time could never heal.
But maybe family could.

Her father came home late from work that evening, and he was far quieter than usual. She could tell that he wasn’t going to look her in the eyes.

“How’s work?” she asked, and then turned her attention back to the book.

“Pretty good,” he said. “It’s a little slow at the moment, but we’ve got a few shows lined up.”

“Great,” Sara said. She was about to ask what his plans were for the weekend when his voice dropped, and she heard him sigh. “Sara. I’m…sorry about this.”

The family had always been close. He’d been the kind of father who would offer the kind of advice Sara’s mother had told her not to take, but she could see that this had something to do with Uncle Alphonse.

“I’m not going to hurt you, Dad,” she said.

“I know that,” he said. “But you’re still involved in this. And whatever I do to try and save your sister, we’ll just come back to this, Sara.”

“I know, Dad, but I have to. I want to. I can’t lose her, too.”

His forehead furrowed, and Sara knew she’d drawn the wrong conclusion from his silence. “I’m…I’m not saying that I don’t believe you, Sara. But this…this is my way. I can only say one thing, but it has to be true. I can’t lie to you.”

“What?” Sara said.

“Do you still have the cigarette?” he asked. “I took it, to be sure.”

“Of course, Dad. I was just reading.”

“Good. I know it means a lot to you. Take it. I’ll give it back to you when this is over.”

“That’s really nice of you,” Sara said.

“I mean it. Take it. Keep it. If you’re going to help me, you have to do what you’re told.”

“Okay,” she said, and reached down to take the

1 Like

Okay, this is actually not bad. Could use a lot more prose, and less repeition, but yep!
I’m seeing a lot of confusing stuff here, as if the generator forgets the stuff generated before, but now this is inspiring me…

“They… they’re taking the Mahasabha,” he said, “Rishi… sent me… to get you.”
“But what are they doing?

Why do they want to… take the Mahasabha?”

“I… I don’t know,” he said.

I stared at him in disbelief.

“What do you mean?

What are they doing?

“All I can say is that they are armed… a lot of them… but I don’t know… what for… Rishi said they are armed…” he said.

I was speechless.

“Where are they now?

What are they doing?” I asked.

He looked at me curiously.

“I don’t know…” he said.

I shook my head in disbelief.

“How could a mob go so far to destroy a peaceful organization?

What kind of people are they?” I asked.

“I… I don’t know…” he replied.

“How could they do this?

Why did they not just attack the Mahasabha?” I asked him.

“I don’t know…” he replied.

I picked up a sari from the ground.

“Aakir… you can’t tell Rishi about this… or anyone else…” I said.

“I… I don’t know…” he said again.

“Aakir, please… you can’t tell anyone… don’t…” I pleaded.

“I… I can’t…” he whispered.

“Aakir, what’s the name of that…” I asked.

He looked at me with surprise.

“Of the group… the one who took over the Mahasabha?” I asked him.

“I… I don’t know…” he replied.

“What’s the group’s name?” I asked him.

“I… I don’t know…” he said in a whisper, his eyes looking downwards.

“Please…” I whispered.

“Please… tell me,” I begged.

“I can’t…” he replied.

I raised my hand.

“Aakir, please don’t say no…” I pleaded.

He glanced at me for a moment, before sighing and sighing again.

He picked up a gun from the ground.

“Aakir…” I said, my voice rising up, “Where did you get this?”

“I don’t know…” he said.

I sat down next to him.

“How many people are with you?” I asked.

“I… I don’t know…” he said, shrugging his shoulders.

“How many people can fit inside that…” I gestured towards the back of the Mahasabha.

“I don’t know…” he replied, “more than a hundred.”

“What are you…” I stopped myself.

I looked up at him.

He looked away.

“How many people are with you?” I asked him a second time.

He sighed, “I don’t know…” he repeated.

I sat back down.

I sighed.

“Just take the gun…” I told him.

“Please, I can’t take it.”

“I… I can’t,” he said.

“Take it.” I said.

He sighed, and picked it up from the ground.

He handed it to me.

I looked at the gun.

“I can’t use this,” I said.

“Take it,” I told him again.

He looked at me, surprised.

I shook my head.

“Take it,” I repeated.

He looked at me again, and smiled.

“Take it,” I said, slightly annoyed.

3 Likes

Well, that was repetitious. Maybe Aakir really doesn’t know anything or he’s trying to hide it, but why keep repeating XD I don’t know. I…I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. It was frustrating to read. But doesn’t he at least know where he got the gun? :stuck_out_tongue: And didn’t the MC like…just give it to him a second ago and nobody knows anything, obviously.

So chaotic XD

1 Like

Yep.
But the sense I got was that he’s an imposter trying to present as not one, and maybe the gun is to kill the MC.
But then, the AI went a different way…

1 Like

I want to laugh. Some of it is true, and some of it is insanity.

1 Like
Parts in bold are what I wrote

Originally today I was going to go visit a friend of mine, maybe see how she’s been. It wasn’t until I got there when I discovered something horrible that changed my life.

I have been out of sorts for a while, if you hadn’t noticed, I’m not as happy as I used to be, and apparently it’s because I’m out of dates, or enough as far as I can tell.

She’s the only person I know in the whole city that I’ve told, and I haven’t seen her in a while. So…

I went to the grocery store and bought the weekly necessities, and left the rest of the money I’d been saving up for a while for an odd lottery ticket.

I win, and then more negative things happen.

Why did I buy an odd lottery ticket?

I dunno.

But I won, $60!

Yay! So I’m not in a good mood, it’ll be fine, I’ll laugh about this tomorrow.

Today, though, I’m going to have to eat some ice cream and just wait until it warms up.

I don’t like it when my moods change like this.

I don’t know why.

I don’t know what causes it.

I just know that I need ice cream right now.

I hate that.

I’ll buy one tonight when I get home from work, but ice cream and beer and tea are not a good combination, especially when you’ve had a stomach bug the last few days.

I’m tempted to go further

2 Likes

It certainly gives you word slurry to work with.

1 Like
Sounds like a leucid dream:

Ugh, time to turn on the vacuum cleaner.

They couldn’t have left the kitchen island empty…could they? Gina went over to it and fiddled with the ‘dishwasher’ button for several seconds, wondering what she was supposed to do now. One click later, a stream of milky white liquid began to flow in a back alley of the house, then… a muffled cry of “Oh no!” cut through the front room.

Gina sprang into action, her thin body moving at warp speed. She wasn’t exactly Olympic-level runner, but she’d been the varsity cheerleader for all four years of high school and ran every chance she got. She darted back out to the hallway, yanking up her compact and holding it at eye-level. She’d lived with her mom her entire life, so a paper cut was practically nothing.

A little harder for her to detect, perhaps, but not by much. She hopped in front of the opening in the apartment and began shouting, “Who’s in there?!”

“It’s me!” A tiny hand reached through, clutching at her wrist. “I’m okay, Gina!”

Gina gazed down at the shaking form curled up in the dark. Her heart started to pound. One of the things she remembered most from when she’d been a kid was her mother telling her stories, the kind that inspired children to dream of the impossible. Some were scary, others sweet, but all always left her filled with a sense of awe and wonder. Her mother was beautiful, and she possessed a fiery spirit that matched. It was a shame the circumstances had brought her and her daughter here…

Tina giggled and pulled herself up into a sitting position, hands pressing against her thighs. “You must be almost ready,” she said. “Have you been sleeping?”

“Kind of. How long have you been awake?”

“A few hours, I think. I’ve always been a night owl.”

Gina scowled. “You’re just lucky the lights are on, then.”

“I don’t care.” She paused, frowning. “What were you doing? I didn’t hear a sound.”

“Listening to a little airhead,” Gina said, grinning. “You get lucky, too, huh? I couldn’t get a hold of you when I finally fell asleep last night, but I can hear you now. You should probably look at your head, though. It’s really bleeding.”

The little girl shivered. “I’m not going to cry. I won’t,” she said, forcing her arms up above her head. “I’m not like mommy. I’m stronger than her.”

“Yeah, that’s always the hope.” Gina’s thoughts were instantly drowned out by a terrible buzzing sound. “Shit!” She jumped to her feet and took off toward the front door. “What the hell is that?”

“It’s the storm!” It was the voice of her mother. “They’re out there, and they’re coming here!”

I’m so sorry, Gina thought, not sure what to do. Her feet stomped on the kitchen tile as she ran for the front door. “Mom, stay away from the door! Just run! We’re going to be okay!”

She didn’t know if the words were supposed to reassure her, but they did. “Don’t worry about me,” her mother called. “Just leave! Just run!”

Gina slammed the door and raced out to the sidewalk, hugging herself and trying to wrap her mind around what she’d just heard. She raised a hand to cover her eyes as a high-pitched howl ripped through the night air. “Oooh, that is… terrifying,” she whispered.

There was another roar, and the sky rumbled. Tailing clouds shot through the heavens and whipped the rain across the street, turning it into a hail of silver needles. The cars lining the street, in the half-light, seemed to bubble and morph, becoming beasts themselves, roars breaking through the chorus of the storm.

“Get to the shelter!” Gina shouted, even as the rain washed away what little color she’d managed to pull together. “Hurry! We don’t have much time!”

She kicked her feet as she ran, trying to stay warm against the cold rain and wind. The lightning struck again and again, blinding her and spinning through the sky. The sirens grew louder as she approached the shelter, the highway lights flickering in the distance. She could barely see the shelter across the street, but she could hear her mother huddled inside.

As she neared, she could tell it wasn’t really a shelter anymore. It had been closed for a while now, but that didn’t stop the little girl’s curiosity. She tugged on the door, but it didn’t budge. “It’s locked!” she shouted. “Oh man, I’m sorry, Mom!”

“That’s okay, sweetie,” came the muffled reply. “I’ll be okay, I promise.”

“I’m not trying to be selfish, mom, I swear.” Gina scratched her head, then kicked at the door a few more times. “I just don’t want anything to happen to you, you know. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

A few more kicks yielded no result. “Just go away, I said!” Her mother’s voice sounded annoyed. “Just leave me alone! Just go!”

“But you said—” Gina was losing patience. “Mom! Mom!”

The sirens sounded closer, and Gina jumped when the rumble of thunder boomed overhead. It was like the storm was waiting for her to fail before it struck. “Okay, okay! I’ll go, I promise! I love you!” Her mother’s voice came back to her. “You know I do, baby girl. You just stay safe out there!”

“I will,” she said. “And… don’t worry, Mom. You’re going to be just fine.”

“Thank you!”

The sound of the phone ringing broke her out of her reverie.

I took the generated text from something it didn’t work for and used that as the prompt for the whole thing, so none of it it my original.