The most challenging character in story so far, in terms of how they are written!

Tell me, which character is that in your story? Their personality, morals, philosophies, mannerisms, situation, and overall nature was challenging for you to deal with, yet also exciting in a way.

My Turn:

Isilynor Pipperton from Project Merellien.

She is the adopted heiress to a wealthy Mid-Elite family who before that had a horrifically tragic past that still haunts and messes her up in various ways. Another thing is that she is draw to powerful people, whether with money or what they can provide. Yet if she is surrounded by weaker people or people who seem weak to her, she needs to be the stronger amongst them, which makes her a spoiled, haughty person in the eyes of others. She craves being around the powerful, which causes a problem for the people she’s around like Jorildyn Calverstone, especially after getting a punched that sent her to the floor.

Wanna read some spoilers?

The reason why Isilynor is this way is because of her birth mother and creator/grandmother…and her birth father. She is a Ravakalyn but is only half thanks to her father, yet her mother’s genes are very strong. The Ravakalyn race are a sorta hive race that follow and serve the strong and powerful. They have a queen (Renna/Jorildyn) who is the most powerful of them, yet true creator isn’t Renna, but Renna’s “mother”. Isilynor is drawn to Renna/Jorildyn only because of her grandmother. Even Renna/Jorildyn is drawn to her birth mother because of her powerful she is.

That is the curse of being a Ravakalyn, they are drawn to the strong and powerful, because they have no choice. Though Jorildyn and Isilynor and even Sumina are slowly going to be a bit trickier.

So, not only is Isilynor a challenge, but Jorildyn and even Sumina are also challenges in their own right.

Thoughts and feelings?
Anybody else?

5 Likes

@TheTigerWriter
@alenatenjo
@Akje
@AMMeyers
@JohnnyTuturro
@J.L.O
@MatthewJH
@SecretDurham
@NotARussianBot
@JojoDahlia

So, do you have any at the moment? Got spoilers, hide them if you want to.
WE CAN CHAT ABOUT IT, BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT TO!!! Sorry for yelling.
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I got a character called Haruna who works as the muscle in a delinquent girl gang who is a very difficult but fun character to work with because I based her personality on Z Broly.

2 Likes

Haruna is based off Z Broly?

That is interesting! LOL!

2 Likes

Her boss has her hands full keeping her in line lol.

2 Likes

Well, Broly is the same in a way, so I suppose so!
LOL!

1 Like

@Akje

2 Likes

Anyone else???

I’d say that it was the descriptive imagery of my Deities…

Like how I was troubled in describing Curinthus (Water Being upon Arillion, and in time their actual forms). As the Water Creature Curimthus is a mixture of things, Shrimp like facial imagery, with thick leathery skin like a Toad, and adorned with Platelets of Shell upon his flanks…

I really struggled to describe this thing, and how it moved and spoke with a frothing of it’s mandibles, and the way it’s eyes portrayed nothing but the deepest of jet like jewels that shone with a oil like mixture of colour that swirled…

Still look at that part and feel like it could be expressed better…

SD

1 Like

Dear God, you made me think of my own deities. Nirvana is going to be a MASSIVELY fun little pain in my ass, when I reveal her.

2 Likes

Okay, that dude has anger issues. And that voice is familiar! The same actor must have done some other anime, but I can’t put my finger on which one. (-᷅_-᷄๑)

2 Likes

Understatement of the century, right there.

2 Likes

I can only say, good luck!

Being one who has struggled also…

SD

1 Like

Yeah, exactly.
:sweat_smile:

In my book I think Jorvo is the most challenging character to write — or rather not write, because we don’t see anything from his perspective. His feelings, psyche, true motives, the extent of his knowledge and power are hidden.

Yet he’s the central character tying the everyone together. The story is told through the eyes and lives of his family, followers, admirers and detractors. Every move he makes impacts these characters for better or worse.

It’s a wild exercise in writing having to construct the main character from outside points of view. There are so many questions like: Who is he presenting himself as in front of these people? Who is he when he’s alone? What impressions does he make and what do people project onto him? Can you even trust other characters’ view of him when they have their own agendas?

3 Likes

So, the characters are greatly affected by this Jorvo in various ways?

1 Like

It’s all random.

3 Likes

Explain…if you can???

1 Like

Fernando Sorientto all the way. Every time I get a question like this, I answer Fernando from The Facade of Quad in Nimrod because he gave me a headache. He’s a two-faced, backstabbing, manipulative, egotistical, selfish, controlling smart businessman. The reasons for some of his actions were beyond my comprehension. Need I say more? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s the motivation to write a character, my experience, and the complexity of the character that all play a factor.

If I make a complex character, it may be easy to write due to it being a complexity I understand. Sometimes writing soft flat characters is harder because I’m not like that myself, for example.

2 Likes