The Normies 2023

I’m thinking of writing something really normal and anti-climactic that normies would eat up for the Wattys this year, just because that’s what always seems to win or become popular in it.

4 Likes

Current Projects:

Eudamimonia:

Pros: Strong romantic element, fantasy transmigration, huge supporting cast, cats

Cons: The main character is a judo practioner with a mean streak, het, not super racially diverse, is about as steaming as frozen yogurt

But I am only a Black Knight:

Pros: High Fantasy, FxF/Yuri Subplot, Fun Cast of Characters

Cons: Mostly focused on action and adventure, somewhat grim, dinosauroids

My writing style is closer to Overlord’s than Robin Hobb, which is the biggest knock against me. I focus a lot more on my storytelling than my wordcraft, so I think that a lot of readers won’t like me much.

2 Likes

Normies might be looking for a more progressive Sarah J Maas but they end up with something closer to I Favor the Villaness.

1 Like

Would probably have a good chance, to be honest.

1 Like

I’m really flattered that you think so but I don’t know if I can write it all in the time allotted. I’ll deffintely try, though.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, you are a good writer. Interesting, you always bring your own fresh takes/twists to the table. And you make tropes fun to read if and when you do them, and your characters are cool too.

2 Likes

Im thinking about expanding Mini Moo. It’s really Midwestern/Northwestern normal.

3 Likes

I love the concept of it, too. And the cow, it’s great.

2 Likes

Wrll, really, the cow at the end. The rest of the time, those 2 are just cows with different personalities.

3 Likes

True, I am having fun.

2 Likes