The restaurants industry and more is unique in my fictional world! What about you guys?

For example, this is how it works in Project Succession, formerly Project Summoner.

Restaurants and nice eateries, have this method, where the customer orders their food and then pay before eating their meals. The nicer and bit more lavish restaurants, allow the customer to try sample meals of the dish they might order. Though they still have to pay beforehand instead of afterwards.

In the Underground Nations, it is done as a way to make sure the customers don’t dine and dash. The Underground Nations are a hostile environment, yet people have to make a living in a crime-infested area.

Though some, not all restaurants are like that. Yet it feels like more are becoming that way over the years.

Tipping is not even a thing on Alagossia, regardless of the nation. Something like that is very uncommon on Earth, at least where I am from.

People don’t order then pay for their food first then eat at a restaurant, unless it is fast food.

On Alagossia, it is entirely different.

Thoughts and feelings?

4 Likes

@TheTigerWriter
@FOLuke
@NotARussianBot
@NatilladeCoco
@Akje
@alenatenjo
@J.L.O
@JojoDahlia
@JohnnyTuturro

Hey, hey!

If you want to get to the heart of a culture, look at what they eat. Most lifeforms eat something.

2 Likes

What do you mean???

1 Like

You know how they say, the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? Consider that on a macro-level.

2 Likes

Ah!

In terms of your story or mine?

Sorry for my slight stupidity!

1 Like

Maybe everywhere!

1 Like

Oooh!

The crazy thing is that for something like that to happen on Earth, might help the people in the business stop people who want to dine and dash, just to look for a free meal when they can actually pay from just entering their restaurant.

Yet at the same time, people won’t like it because of the pressure and that they want to taste the food beforehand.

There are many pros and cons to this type of method if it were to happen in the real world.

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound very hospitable lol

3 Likes

Different planet, Different way of living.
So, yeah, it’s not to us, but is to the people there.

:sweat_smile::laughing:

Still, you are correct, though in some places the hospitality is there. Some restaurants have these while most others don’t. However, that is only depending on the countries in a certain continent.

Some are, but yeah most are not that much about hospitality.
Just business to most of them.

Sad, but true because the Underground Nations are the worst at that.

1 Like

There’s still middleastern cultures that allow you to walk on them to heck and back as long as you are their esteemed guest, but if you pull stunts, you’re not invited back and the next time will get violent.

That’s not a thing like what we do here. If we are turning on a person, we turn on him at any arbitrary point we feel like.

3 Likes

Damn when you put it like that, American are ruthless!

2 Likes

Well, we generally tuen before it gwts violent, putting peiple in their place before there’s a need to get dangerous. The other way, youre talking about executable offenses.

3 Likes

I don’t have any unique restaurant set-ups in Elgana, but in a different world I created that will never see the light of day, people ate compressed food bars which has an entire meal in it. You just go to a dispenser inside a shop and eat it at the table with friends. No restaurants existed as we know them to be. I guess I was going for something more sci-fi for that one.

1 Like