The Second Annual Wacky Pumpkin! šŸŽƒ A Halloween Writing Contest šŸ‘»

You can combine prompts, but you can only choose one when you submit your entry. How well you follow the chosen prompt is part of the judging criteria, so make sure you tick the main/dominant one.

2 Likes

Ah ok.

1 Like

Alright, I have a question. In google docs- my word count is 499, but when I pasted it in Wacky, it shows the word count is 549?? What do I do?

4 Likes

Hmm, that is tricky indeed :thinking: I think we may have had this issue reported before, where Wacky counts words differently from other platformsā€¦so in this case, we would probably make an exception. Thanks for bringing it up! :blush:

Has anyone else been having this problem? And if yes, whatā€™s your difference in word count?

2 Likes

Is the site going to put together a reading list of all the entries in the competition once the submissions close?

4 Likes

Maybe :eyes: We havenā€™t gotten to that part yet, haha, but itā€™s something Iā€™ve definitely had on my mind :wink:

3 Likes

Submissions close on Saturday!! Make sure you get your entry in before then :blush::blush: And never hesitate to reach out if you have any questions :beautifulheart:

2 Likes

Just two more days until submissions close!

4 Likes

sigh Iā€™m back with another problem.
I posted the story but no oneā€™s able to go to that page.

4 Likes

Are you sure you managed to post your story? I donā€™t see it on your page :thinking: It might still be in draft form, make sure both the chapter and the book are published.

1 Like

I logged out and logged back in then republished it. Should I submit the form again?

1 Like

I can see a book of one-shots now. If thatā€™s the one, then yes, please - a resubmission would be great :blush:

1 Like

Hello everyone! Weā€™ve extended the deadline to submit your short stories to 2021-10-18T02:00:00Z!

We cannot wait to read more of your spooky stories :ghost:

4 Likes

A little less than 20 minutes before submissions close! Be sure to get those submissions in :eyes:

5 Likes

Alright, and thatā€™s that! Submissions have closed :jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

The results of our 2nd Annual Wacky Pumpkin will be released at 2021-10-31T22:00:00Z! See yā€™all there :eyes: :ghost:

6 Likes