*****The Story AYA (Ask You Anything) [Now: Magic System] *****

Here’s my simple example but of course if you want to go on and on, you can :wink:

Between Roses
Name of World: Underland, Upperland
Looks like: Each land is one side of a realm sandwich. They are rather flat realms attached to both sides of Eryn’s normal realm, Middland, where she lives.
Landscape: Underland is filled with forests that go very deep into shadows. There’s wetlands and muddy places here. Upperland has many towns and modern buildings with a lot of the forest stripped away. Upperland also has many flat grasslands.

Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound
Name of World: Elgana, Third Ring (or Ring of Kattaluna)
Looks like: Elgana, the planet, is made up of six torus planets one inside the other.
Landscape: The Third Ring has forests, vast grasslands, a swamp, a desert, and a dry, rocky area. It’s the most environmentally diverse Ring in all of Elgana.

1 Like

Alagossia.

Doesn’t matter the continent, because the story takes place in the Underground Nation. A massive labyrinth of huge city states that are called nations, ruled by monarchs. The story happens in the Kingdom of Roshland which is the Kingdom of Jachira reborn.

The time is the tricky part because I never fully figured out a timeline. It’s present day, but the year is the part I must figure out when I am complete with the draft.

Sphere. I know I wanted it to be other things, but I chose sphere to be simple.

It’s model after Earth if Earth was magical and five to ten years technologically advanced along with being bigger and more vast than Earth.

In the Underground Nations, just imagine nations underground.

That is all I got for now.

2 Likes

But what does this look like?

When I think of nations underground I imagine places like this:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s the gist of what Underground Nations look like.

Only imagine a massively enormous labyrinth with huge city states across Alagossia…

Where those city came from and the origins are a mystery that I haven’t touched base on…yet.

That’s it. :grin:

2 Likes

My stories take place on many different worlds throughout Creation depending on what the characters are doing at any given moment, what their current ‘mission’ is, and why they need to go to any given place. So things can get pretty nuts when it comes to location. From ice worlds to fire worlds to earth-like worlds to gas worlds to empty worlds and so on.

The two main worlds that are featured in my main series (Inter-Universal Protectors) are the God Worlds Lyriumia and Terpolite. They’re both earth-like but much bigger. Lyriumia is more earth-like because its atmosphere has a similar chemical makeup meaning that the sky is essentially the same during the day as ours. Terpola’s is different as its daytime sky is red, and this causes plants and water to appear as different colours to what we’re used to. They’re both well-populated but not overpopulated. There are even some areas that aren’t considered habitable or that are dangerous when it comes to land, sea and sky :eyes:

For the first spin-off (The Photon Cycle), while it does start off on the God Worlds, there’s more of a focus on the Higher Planes (specifically the Tower of Time). The locations are very much still under development but I have made a pretty good start on the Tower of Time so I’ll explain that. The Tower of Time resides on one of the highest Planes in Creation. It’s higher than the God Worlds so considered mythology by those who don’t know it’s real. The Tower is on a ‘world’ made of an endless ocean with a single island on which the Tower sits. Inside the Tower are lots of ‘windows’ that lead to different places in time and are used for the beings that live there for travel to the Lower Planes, but they mostly use them to just keep an eye on things. That’s all I’ve got so far.

For the other spin-off (The Shai Saga), the location is the United Fae Worlds. It’s a planetary system of seven planets inhabited by the Fae. So it’s got a few earth-like worlds in the “habitable zone”. But there’s also barren worlds, fire worlds and ice worlds outside this zone that have long-since been colonized by the Fae after they were found to not hold life (no aliens, sorry). I haven’t fully developed all the worlds because TSS is very much still under development but I’m getting there. Oh, and all these worlds are your normal round rocky planets. No gas giants. Some have moons, some don’t.

2 Likes

I suddenly wondered if peoples’ eyes developed differently here because the sky is red? Also, what does the sunrise and sunset look like?

1 Like

A little differently when it comes to sight, yes. They see better when it’s dark then when they’re on a bright world. But then there’s also all the genetics stuff as well

1 Like

I’m sleepy now. So, I will come back with a thing tomorrow or something.

You can answer previous prompts over again if you want to.

1 Like

Goodnight! :grin:

1 Like

Culture! What’s the culture like?
Specifically, traditions, religion, holidays (if you have them), music, food, clothing. You can talk about the culture directly impacting your main character, or some general culture in your region of choice within your world.

For example, Elgana has a lot of different cultures. I can choose to talk about the culture of the cities in general, or of a specific race like the Sorcerers, the Kattalunae, or maybe the Ilvagi race. Below, I bolded the words, so you know I talked about all the parts. I just gave short little explanations, but you can go all-in if you want to.

That being said I’ll likely ask a whole lot of questions :wink: I won’t force you to ask me questions but feel free to if you have any.

Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound
The Kattaluna race is quite old-fashioned in their traditions with a somewhat male-dominated society, however, in most clans, females are highly regarded and sometimes even revered as being related to the Lunar Goddess.

Speaking of the Lunar Goddess (religion), Elds (those over the age of 50, or those who have retired from their position who are over 40), believe that the moon is a goddess and worship her through prayer and meditation. The young ones nowadays aren’t quite so sure if they believe there’s more than just a reflection of the sun up there. And yes, they do understand the science of the moon as this knowledge has been passed down from their parents and grandparents.

If you think about it, it’s interesting how the Elds understand the science and yet still worship the moon stubbornly :stuck_out_tongue:

The Kattaluna race don’t have many holidays these days, but they used to have more. Currently, they hold a full day of music, dance, food, and relaxation when children have their coming-of-age ceremony in which they move on from being a child to becoming an adult and finding apprentice opportunities around the clan.

Music of the Kattaluna race is inspired by shamanistic healing music where they use drums made with goat skin and flutes pawmade (not handmade because they don’t have hands) from the trees.

You might be able to guess that food is often raw, sometimes cooked :stuck_out_tongue: They’re feline creatures after all. They eat whatever they can hunt down in the forest, the river, the rocky plains, or the desert, depending on the clan. They do make their own bread-type of food and also soups and stews using goat’s milk.

The Kattaluna race have fur all over their bodies and nothing to protect or hide, so they don’t wear clothes. The only times they might wear something is when the leader or the successor puts on ceremonial robes. These robes aren’t worn because they’re clothes, but the pieces of cloth happen to signify or represent different aspects of nature or life. They’re sewn together to be wearable.

4 Likes

Someday, I will get to this point. I am mainly having fun writing my novel and I haven’t fully world-built Alagossia. So, I don’t have proper answers to this thread.

The next one you make, I shall answer. I can get to world-building once I am fully done with Project Succession’s first book.

I can give two answers, but even then it isn’t fleshed out enough.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be fleshed-out answers. It can be whatever you have right now. It’s also okay if you don’t feel like sharing it yet :blush:

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll answer later when I am able to.

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve put a lot of thought into this! (*^-‘) 乃

My worldbuilding is minimal, since it’s just the equivalent of Regency/Georgian England except in a fictional setting. Other countries across the sea will have other cultures based on real life, just not appropriate for the time period. For instance, I’m thinking that in a future book my characters might go to a country where it’s like the American wild west of the 1800s, even though it’s still the mid-1700s in the story. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

I think that would be cool! :grin:

Speaking of the wild west, I feel like there’s not a lot of stories set in a wild west setting which aren’t strictly about cowboys shooting cowboys. Not that that’s bad, and I do enjoy a good western movie. But weren’t there other ways of living during that time? :sweat_smile: I feel like there would have been…

1 Like

The Kingdom of Khollothage is a tourist and vacation haven, but a safe haven for the poor and homeless.

The Empire of Jaeblia is supposed to be modeled after Venice, Italy.

The Kingdom of Movaria is modeled after the winter nations found on Earth.

The Queendom of Pannotia is just a desert nation that has fallen on semi-hard times.

The Kingdom of Khovaria is highly famous for its entertainment and tourist locale.

The Empire of Kenorland is a luxurious utopia that is dealing with plenty…I mean plenty.

These are the only nations I could think of at the moment. Ask away and I shall do my best to answer.

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve never written a western before, and I rarely read them either except for the occasional odd thing like Brokeback Mountain or whatnot. I’d have to do research first, but it would be interesting to explore unusual occupations in the old west, or things you don’t think of as particularly western. Doing something about a traveling circus in the old west, for instance, or Buffalo Bill’s Wild West show maybe.

1 Like

I shall ask the next time I come here :wink:

1 Like

Awesome.

1 Like

@TheTigerWriter

Off topic: Aya is really pretty. I just noticed the thread topic question and how Aya is such a pretty name.

Ayame, Ayako, Ayase, yeah very pretty.

Sorry, if that came off as weird. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes