[The Tip Cauldron #2] Ask your writing questions here!

Welcome to the Tip Cauldron, the official Wacky Writers writing column. It’s run by your friendly neighbourhood mods and writers, me (Jane/@FireAlwaysReturns) and Mari (@alcoholandcaffeine). We will answer your writing questions on the first Friday of every month, giving tips, tricks, and insights!

The questions is where you come in. Every month, we will be opening a thread in which you can ask questions for us to answer in the column – this thread! We will be answering between 5 and 8 questions, so ask away.

We’re looking forward to seeing you in the column!
:featherfox: :coolpineapple:

Check out the previous edition of the Tip Cauldron here!

3 Likes

what do you need before writing a book?

2 Likes

That’s an excellent question

1 Like

Thank you! Any ideas?

2 Likes

I do, but the answer will be boiling in the cauldron for a while :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ahh okay! please tell when it comes out!

2 Likes

The first Friday of every month ^-^ Today, the first edition of the Tip Cauldron was just posted. The link is now in the first post of this thread, too

2 Likes

ok!

2 Likes

tips on planning?

Tips on plantsing?

Tips on pantsing?

2 Likes

Only one at a time, please :stuck_out_tongue: Which one would you like answered most?

2 Likes

how to pants probably :laughing:

2 Likes

Aw hell yeah. Pantsing is the best

2 Likes

or so I hear, I’m a plotter and I want to learn how to pants lol

2 Likes

I’d tell you all about it right here, but I have to hold back

2 Likes

aw ok lol

2 Likes

If you write a Ya High fantasy, taking place in one country, do you have to mention the rest of the world, or only the country where the story takes place?

Stupid question, i know, but I’m struggling with this right now

3 Likes

Not at all stupid :blush: I’m sure Jane will have a field day with that one, but please do keep in mind the answers will be coming out next month! Hope the wait won’t be too long.

2 Likes

Got any tips on marketing your story to potential readers? :eyes:

3 Likes

Any advice on writing numbers in dialogue?

For example, if someone is saying 3D (as in three-dimensional)

Do I write dialogue as “bla bla bla 3D” or “bla bla bla three-d”?

And what if the character says a number like 252490, do I spell it out in the dialogue or keep it in digits?

2 Likes