This blurb, would you buy this book based on this blurb?

I am glad for your honesty, because with that faulty “blurb” or whatever the hell that was, I’d would not pick it up either.

1 Like

These things take practice. Perhaps wait until you’re more than halfway through writing the book because then you’ll have an idea of where you’ll end it. That’s what I do :sweat_smile: It’ll take a few tries to get it. Then you have to do spelling, grammar and structure checks as well.

2 Likes

Thanks so much again.

1 Like

Even writing summaries/plots are difficult for me because I repeat and over explain things too much.

Really need to condense things. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You’ll get there :+1:

1 Like

I need to if I am reaching a certain goal in my life.

sigh

1 Like

Again, you’ll get there. It would really be better if you wait until most of the story is sorted :sweat_smile: Blurbs are often really subject to change as the story develops. Maybe try a few different ones as the story progresses as a starting point

1 Like

While this is indeed true… It often helps to write a Blurb every so often as your story unfolds… This allows you to read the “Previous Blurb” and add to or omit shit that either makes it or has no need…

SD

3 Likes

True, true.

I am still in the plotting, planning, and understanding stage of this story.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Then you’re definitely NOT ready to even start thinking about the blurb :joy:

2 Likes

And that is one of my MANY problems. I don’t stay in the present.

:sweat_smile::rofl:

1 Like

Thoughts: yeah, it needs polishing.
Feelings: I’ve read similar enough plots, so I’d likely read this, even with the work needed.

2 Likes

Alright, I’d definitely pick this up because it seems like an interesting story. However, you might have revealed a bit too much in the blurb. Perhaps you could remove certain parts or use more subtle language to keep some elements a surprise. Please don’t take this the wrong way, and while I’m not exactly a pro at writing blurbs, maybe you could consider something along these lines:

Anjanlor Terris, a unique individual born with a strange condition that destabilizes his mana levels, rendering him frail. His survival in his hometown hinges on a special medicine. A twist of fate leads him to save a friend, only to be injured and subsequently rescued by an mysterious stranger who not only heals him but also leaves a lasting impact. A bitter revelation from his mother about his friend blaming him for the incident triggers a chilling rage within Anjanlor, leading to a disastrous incident that changes his life forever. Forced to abandon his home and haunted by his actions, Anjanlor embarks on a quest for redemption and the mysterious saviour who once saved his life.

Goodluck on your writing tho, sounds like a good story :blush:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.