This may be an unpopular opinion but…

All I want to say is that I would take Asta any day of the week over Simon Snow. Seriously, they are both magically challenged orphans who have cool wings, and Simon even used to have a cool sword. He didn’t dual wield, of course, because the Carry On series isn’t cool like that.

I case you accuse me of choosing a very unflattering image of Mr. Snow, there is hardly any fanart of him in a dynamic pose.

@Akje
@J.L.O
@Qualeshia12
@Churro
@FOLuke

3 Likes

I don’t even know who the fuck Simon Snow is. LOL!

I never read the novel series that he comes from.

I know Asta, but other than that I don’t know Simon.

1 Like

Imagine soft boi Harry Potter with Asta’s handicap without the drive to improve. And instead of Liebe he has racism against nonhumans and hates his dragon features he got as a consequence of magic gone wrong.

Reminds me of people arguing over if Gear 5 is more iconic than Ultra Instinct in a way.
Bruh I think that Blood Meridian is more Iconic than Carry On at this point.

1 Like

Not to sound rude, but you find the most random things to slightly rant over. LOL!

Between One Piece and Dragon Ball Z, powerscalers tend to be annoying and it will never die.

Every battle shounen does this and well nothing is to be done.

Simon sounds boring? I don’t know how to feel and why I should. LOL!

1 Like

Read it if you are curious but you aren’t missing much. The magic system makes Euphoria by Kendrick Lamar op.

1 Like

I don’t know either of them, I am aware of them as I know what they are from but I haven’t watched or read either

1 Like

Asta is from the anime series Black Clover.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am aware of the series but I’ve not read the manga or watched the anime for myself you know? Not sure if I would like it

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Sorry about that.
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

If I had a child I would rather they read Black Clover over Carry On because Asta will inspire them to work hard to reach their goals despite their limitations while Simon Snow will inspire them to be complacent and want a vampire boyfriend.

1 Like

It’s fine haha. Have you seen it?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve watched some of Black Clover.

2 Likes

Read the manga, had a great time! Not my favorite but it made me think of how few stories for teenagers made in the US and UK have the same qualities and appeal as shounen battle anime.

1 Like

Yeah I would prefer the same, some manga have really good stories to tell

2 Likes

Did you enjoy it? I don’t feel like I would be into it but idk, sometimes I can be surprised lol

Yeah what is popular is very different in what stories get told compared to what we get over here, and it sucks because I really love some stories that get told in manga and anime

1 Like

It’s like if Naruto and Fairy Tail had a kid.

2 Likes

And abandoned it at a church…

2 Likes

LOL!

1 Like

I feel like I would rather watch either of those

2 Likes

At this point if I wanna get real contreversial, I could say that Shin Getter Robo is better than Evangelion. It is a fact that EVA cobtains 0% Nagare Ryouma.