π’π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’•π’„π’‚π’π’ β€” 𝐒𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐒𝐚𝐜 𝐜𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

I think that Ricky is pretty close to me, my character Ricky but he needs a plot.

And now he’s pissed off with me, lol.

1 Like

:laughing: a character who’s close to you is angry at you and needs a plot. Wait. Lemme think.

What makes you angry to the point of desperately wanting to do something about it? That can make him angry, and the plot can be about him dealing with the thing that’s making him angry.

1 Like

Yeah, I dunno? I guess people being annoying. :joy:

Yeah, I agree so Churro, are YOU gonna let me talk?

1 Like

So idk.

Do I need to lecture you on character profiles again? :rofl:

1 Like

insomniac introductions

name: Mau Qwerty

pronouns: Female

dislikes: coffee(so what, sue me!)

taglist: [:heavy_check_mark:] yes / no

1 Like

I know what Ricky is like, he doesn’t need a 10 page profile lol. I just can’t make a plot :flushed:

You’re like me, your plots revolve around your characters normally. Where can you insert conflict into his life? And how can you make it worse?

1 Like

His son :joy: he confuses him.

1 Like

Where is the conflict with his son?

1 Like

He doesn’t understand him. His son is a nerd, and strange to Ricky, whi’s the opposite.

1 Like

How can that translate into a story? Is Ricky discriminative towards nerds? Thinks his son is doing nothing with his life? Does he have a differing opinion on what his son should be doing?

1 Like

He has no experience with nerds.

He thinks he should be more sociable, and he should do more things and find an interest in life that’s somewhat productive. He thinks that he’s too antisocial, and spends too much time indoors.

He thinks that his son should get a job of something. He has a degree.

And how does the son feel about all this?

1 Like

And what does he do to show this?

1 Like

He rebels against Ricky and shows disdain. And is like you won’t tell ME what to do, Dad.

So how can you make this conflict worse? The son leaves home finally and cuts off his dad, and Ricky realizes what he’s done? Or Ricky sabotages maybe an important relationship, professional or personal, of his son’s?

1 Like

Hmm, maybe yeah. Ricky would be very shocked at first that Eliel had the balls to leave home, and that he actually left him because he’s always been there. And Ricky would want him back.

On a side note: Do you ever wanna punch someone for using a pink font that’s unreadable against a light background? :frowning:

2 Likes

how old is this son again?
and how old is ricky

1 Like