𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 — 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐜 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Are you even siblings if you don’t pick on each other whenever you have the chance? :rofl:

Oooh, interesting. In my school’s case the exchange programs are usually with Japan or Singapore. (I don’t think I know your school, but you might recognize mine, if you’re also familiar with schools in Singapore).

I’ve been to Kuala Lumpur twice, but more if you count transit. We used to fly on Malaysia Airlines in the early 2000s; we considered it our next choice after SQ and Cathay.

:joy: thanks! I discovered it thanks to a meme. I also got another one: :pianist:

Although people are more likely to use the latter :joy:

Ah, drama. My batch has definitely gone through chill phases and drama phases. Eighth grade (ages 13/14) was definitely dramatic, and I think there was some carried over to the next year as well. We definitely got more chill during our last years though. Hope it goes well for you!

Also I’m gonna disappear from Wacky and the next time I’ll pop in will be Friday night US time at the earliest (so that’ll be Saturday late morning for you, at the earliest). Hoping to do well for my last final. See ya! :wave:

:joy: So true — my mom imagines us the way Hansel and Gretel were in one of their movies

I’m not really :sweat_smile: I know one or two, like NUS, but otherwise I’m lost

MAS is nice, I’ll admit :joy: Not blowing my own horn here. I’ve flown Air Asia a few times, and i hated them so there’s that xD

I like them both xD Telegram has a lot of cool sticker as well, and this seems to roll in with the cursed emoji set :joy:

I’ve faced this for 5 years xD I’m used to it by now but thank you!

All the best for you! <3

1 Like

Well, right now I’m rusty as heck so I could play absolutely nothing for probably two weeks.

I could play Pachebell’s Cannon comfortably, so two hands together is feasible. But sight-reading to play never clicked as fast as sight-reading to sing, so I struggle to read and play anything at all…so learning what even I wrote down is next to impossible for me.

So, I played a lot of my own stuff that I learned from just plinking around in a practice room because I could figure out the fingering without having to look at a score…

So if I could read and reliably poke the right key fast enough, I’d be right there with you at beginner/intermediate, but really, I’d have to start back at the basics and get proper fingering down, so I could play scales and warmups with some confidence, at this point.

Guess who’s just survived finals week XD :partying_face: although now I have to focus on packing up and printing stuff, because I am officially flying back home XD

Oh, then I guess you won’t know, phew XD It’s a branch of a rather famous Singaporean school there. When I tell a Singaporean what school I go to, they usually know, and they’re usually impressed. It doesn’t enjoy the same amount of prestige in my country though.

I’ve never flown AirAsia XD but yeah, MAS is nice. I haven’t flown them since 2012, though (I’m pretty sure that’s the last time I’ve flown with them, basically early 2010s). I’d have to say my favorite is SQ, but now ANA is up there too! I love ANA, now—generous leg room, good food, and some of their toilets have bidets on the plane! :awesome:

As for my countries’ airlines, they’re both good. Garuda is 5 Star (like SQ, ANA, and those other good airlines) and I can see why, because their service from the ground is top notch. You feel it even more in business class, because they even arrange the check-in area in a way that you can sit down while checking in! As for Philippine Airlines… it’s much better now. It took them a while to upgrade, and I still rank them lower than others, but the food is good.

Thank you! And now I’m done with them :rofl: although I don’t expect to do super well on them, I think they’re good enough. I’m just praying to pass at this point, haha

I feel you about not being able to sight-read well. Until now, I’d say I’m a very slow sight-reader. Usually I just ignore the fingering, haha, since I have small hands. I just use the fingers I’m more comfortable with.

I guess I go ahead and post this?

insomniac introductions

name: Lacy
pronouns: She/her
likes: Writing, reading, probably some other stuff…? I’m terrible at listing likes and dislikes
dislikes: Avocados. Idk man
taglist: yes / no

1 Like

Hi five :raised_hand:

Heyyy someone who agrees with me

1 Like

It’s past 2 a.m., I’ve been printing documents for my flight in two days—er, make that one. Nearly panicked when the ticket printed had nothing on it because it didn’t recognize the Japanese font, but I managed to make it work. And I still need to pack my bags.

How about my fellow insomniacs? What’s keeping you up at night? :eyes:

Hooray!! :partying_face: Never was one for packing :joy: but enjoy the trip back home! <3

Ooh, now I’m really interested to know :eyes: :joy:

I’ll have to try these flights sometime :rofl: I’ve flown a number, but I’ve yet to find a fav :sweat_smile: As long as there’s room for my legs and enough for me to sit straight, I’m happy :woman_shrugging:

Oh wow, that sounds so nice! :open_mouth: Makes me want to get on one rn lol

Assuming these are your first physical papers in a while, I’m sure you’ve done your best! <3

1 Like

Yep, and hello Lacy! <3 I’ll add you to the taglist in a moment. Been a while since anyone was tagged though :sweat_smile:

:open_mouth: You don’t like avocados?? How could you?? :joy: jkjk But I personally love them. Avocado pasta’s one of my favourite things!

Ah, early mornings :joy: Hopefully you’ll get it wrapped up easy!

:eyes: My brain xD It’s mid afternoon here though, and I’m all wrapped up in a blanket since it’s been raining heavily and I’m chattering my heart out xD

1 Like

Thanks! I also don’t like packing :joy: especially if it’s with my mom, because she gets angry every time. I pack better alone because nobody scolds me while I’m doing it :smiling_face_with_tear: and I pack neatly anyway, so…

Looking forward to my trip! I’m going to be reading some books on the plane, so there’s that! Gotta finish up the final Harry Potter book, then after that I’ll move on to Jekyll and Hyde, and while I’m in quarantine I’ll probably read To Kill A Mockingbird. I have so many books to read :joy:

For me I just need enough leg room, good service, edible food (that’s free), and at least some form of inflight entertainment XD I guess my standards are a tiny bit high when it comes to flying, but then again I fly in economy most of the time.

I just can’t wait to experience other airlines :joy: I really want to try the Middle Eastern ones like Emirates, but my parents don’t want to for some reason. Not complaining. Asian airlines are pretty high-quality from my experience, compared to European airlines. I’ve taken Canada Air and it was okay. I heard American airlines are bad. Never flown on one, but not interested in finding out.

Yeah, I did. Hopefully my best is good enough :sweat_smile:

Thanks! Luckily my aunt’s coming to pick me up at lunch time, so I still have a few hours left.

Oh yeah, it’s Saturday afternoon there XD in about 48 hours I’ll rejoin you in the Eastern Hemisphere, then our time zones will be only 1 hour apart :rofl:

Ouch :sob: That was me before hostel life xD Now I do all my packing by myself

Nooo, don’t torture me like this :joy: I can only read after my exams, otherwise nothing will be studied but all the best with your to-be-reads!

Same here xD I had similar standards, but then AirAsia happened :roll_eyes: :grimacing:

I never knew this :joy: I think my mom has flown European and my dad’s done middle east, I’ll ask them how it went. Can’t remember what airlines we took while to US though … :thinking:

They shouldn’t expect more :eyes: we’ve been dealt a heavy hand either ways

ah good good

Yes it is :joy: and true

1 Like

Ouch indeed :sob: yes, packing alone is much better XD

Oops, sorry :laughing: and thanks! Good luck with your studies! You can do this :fist:

Yikes. I’ve flown on a budget airline only a couple of times in my life. The first was so long ago, I don’t even remember it. Cebu Pacific. My parents said that I was asking why we weren’t getting food, because the food wasn’t free, and the seats were small. They stopped and now we take PAL (Philippine Airlines) or SQ to Manila. I’ve also flown on Cathay Dragon a few years ago, on a summer camp to China (we flew Cathay Dragon from Hong Kong to Nanjing, and Cathay Pacific from Jakarta to Hong Kong) so my family didn’t really have a choice on the flight because it was decided by other people. Cathay Dragon was not bad. Too bad it doesn’t exist anymore :frowning:

Hmmm, interesting. My mom has flown European. Before I was born, she often went abroad for work. She says that she doesn’t like European airlines and that British Airways is bad, for her standards.

Oh, which parts of the US have you been to? My family’s been to the East Coast, West Coast, and Chicago. Now I’m in the Midwest (but I won’t tell you where exactly, haha). For our East Coast trip we entered from Canada, but for our West Coast trip we took SQ, and then for our Chicago trip we took Cathay.

Fun fact: SQ1 is from San Francisco to Tokyo Narita. We thought it was pretty cool because we got a flight 1. Usually it’d be like three digits, like PR 535 or SQ 916. And then we got SQ 1, as in 1 :joy:

Nah, no worries xD and thank you! <3

I’ve never heard of it truth be told — and it’s been a while since I even thought of airlines :joy:

my mom still travels out of country for work, but she rarely mentions the airlines xD most often it’s the food, and dad’s the same

I’ve been to all the states (dad loved travelling, especially during the summer vacations) except for 15, can’t remember all of them though. Texas is one, mainly because we missed the chance for that. :joy: I lived in Boston while I was there.

:joy: feels almost weird, doesn’t it?

1 Like

I can stand them in sushi and that’s about it :joy:

:eyes: :joy: I … have never eaten sushi :sweat_smile: I had no idea there were sushi dishes with avocado tho :open_mouth:

Yeah it’s pretty common. Luckily for me the other things in them usually overpower the avocado so it’s just a little bit of the texture.

@wisp horoscope aries