𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 — 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐜 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Nice! Oh, it must feel good to be done with that, not stressing over exams anymore. I miss having holidays start in early December.

Part of me wishes to stay in the US :joy: I’ve always wanted a white Christmas. I was supposed to experience a white Christmas when I visited Canada for the second time, many years ago, but it was too warm and it barely snowed. It only started snowing after Christmas, I think shortly before or after New Year’s >.> so I wanted to experience it this year. I might go back home, if my parents manage to secure a visa for me.

Yes, I have to get a visa to fly back to my home. It’s complicated being bi-national :sweat_smile:

I relate to the gaining weight. Usually I’d gain like three kilos during Christmas, because we’d just eat and eat but not do anything else :joy:

Wait, back to studying even though holidays have started?

The ones in US are for summer, right? At least those are long, if I remember right. Ours are only 3 weeks (and we have a whole week of seminars before going back, in that third week). Still stressing tho, I’ll be done with that in March :joy:

Well, maybe your family could come over, if it’s an option? :eyes: Or you could stay a while/come back early and enjoy the leftover days. Depends on where you’re staying, but there’s lots of lovely things to see and do during Christmas in the US, and the snow’s a plus point! I sound like some tour guide lol. :joy:

While I can’t relate, I totally understand. Hopefully the process isn’t too rough!

Gah, so true! I’m trying not to though, since we’ve got prom coming up after the exams and jeez do I want to feel good xD

1 Like

Oh yeah, those are crazy long. Starts early May and ends mid-August. But then we only get three weeks during Christmas. Back in primary school we had a month off during Christmas (early Dec to early Jan, or mid Dec to mid Jan) and a month and a half during the summer (early/mid June to mid July), plus we get a one-week break in the middle of each semester. I prefer my old schools’ system :joy:

Well it’s too expensive :joy: this whole me coming home for Christmas is actually super last-minute. The initial plan is to have me spend Christmas in Canada, but I wasn’t able to secure a visa in time (by the time they opened borders, it was too late for me to apply), and then I thought of staying in the US. Then my dad was like “you need to come back” and now we’re in this mess :joy:

:joy: I hope I’ll be able to spend Christmas in the US! I was supposed to last year, but thanks to corona I spent my first year online :smiling_face_with_tear: and last year it started snowing in November >.> I’ll also be spending ten days of quarantine if I fly back home, so I won’t even spend Christmas with my family :smiling_face_with_tear:

Oh don’t worry, you’ll lose that weight gain once the holidays are over XD oh, prom’s coming up? Are you in 10th or 12th grade by any chance? :eyes:

Having gone through both, I personally prefer the US system. :joy: I like the idea that after so many months of studying you get a really long vacation to enjoy. Plus, it doesn’t leave one wanting for more xD.

Oop — that sucks. Welp, hopefully it all works out! Any particular reason for Canada though, if you don’t mind me asking? :eyes:

Ouchhhh. Welp, the pandemic’s made a mess of everything so I guess it’s to be expected. Wonder why your father wants you to go back though, if you won’t even spend Christmas with them?

If I’m not mistaken, 12th grade is for 16/17 right? If so, then I’m in 12th. We call if Form over here xD, so I’m in Form 6 (17). Should be outta school this year actually, but Covid happened. :cry: Oh well. This is a highlight, so there’s that! <3

1 Like

Oh, I have relatives there. One of my uncles (dad’s bro) lives there, and I have a rather big extended family in Toronto. One of my cousins has recently become a Canadian citizen too. I also have relatives in a nearby city in the US (my college is in a small town) but one of them’s a nurse, so she’s working and won’t be around most of the time. The other is a distant cousin who’s married with three or four kids, and one of them’s pretty young, so probably no space for me :sweat_smile:

Well, we thought we’d still be able to spend Christmas together, but then the government bumped up the mandatory quarantine from three days to seven days, and then from seven to ten days because of omicron. My parents miss me a lot. They just want me back home XD I’ll still spend New Year’s with them, hopefully, if I fly back.

12th grade is for 17/18, which is also the last year. Wait, what system are you under? I was under the British-Singaporean system.

Oh, that sucks :cry: at least you’ll still get prom! Hope you’ll enjoy it when it arrives <3

We were supposed to have 2 proms: 10th grade and 12th grade, since those are our graduating years. We didn’t have the 12th grade one. The teachers asked if we’d like a virtual prom and we were all like “no” XD :smiling_face_with_tear:

I went solo for my prom and it was nice.

ah okay, I thought this I’ll admit

Oh yes, omicron’s another pain :weary: Enjoy your family time then!

Um … I have no idea xD. In Malaysia we have this form and standard system. So standard 1 - 6 is for 7 - 12. And then form 5 is 13 to 17. Typo up there, sorry. :sweat_smile: Form 6 is optional, for 18 year olds.

It’s literally the only thing I’m holding on for rn xD

I can’t even imagine how’d that go :joy:

We’re all pairing up with friends xD. Since it’s a fully girls school … I mean, the students + parents are organising it, but it’s only for the students so yeah. :joy:

1 Like

It is >.> and thanks! I know the first thing I’ll do if I get back is hurl insults towards my bro’s face :joy: we used to do that all the time.

Oh, I see. So if you’re in Form 5 then you’re in 11th, and Form 6 is 12th.

Malaysian? We’re neighbors! I’m Filipino-Indonesian. Legally the former, born and raised in the latter, hence why I now need a visa to fly back home :ragejoy:

(and yes that is my custom emoji. Sorry, can’t resist XD)

Oh, an all-girls school. Nice. Hope you have fun! :grin:

:joy: so relatable! Definitely a tradition xD

Ah okay, so I was correctly wrong xD

Hi! :joy: We’ve had a lot of exhange programs with Indonesia (my school I mean). I wonder if you’ve ever been there :eyes:

it’s okay, I like it! :ragejoy: :joy:

Thank you! The plans are laid out and it seems like it’s going to be fun, but we’ll see. :joy: My batch tends to fight a lot, so God knows what’s going to happen before prom.

1 Like

Are you even siblings if you don’t pick on each other whenever you have the chance? :rofl:

Oooh, interesting. In my school’s case the exchange programs are usually with Japan or Singapore. (I don’t think I know your school, but you might recognize mine, if you’re also familiar with schools in Singapore).

I’ve been to Kuala Lumpur twice, but more if you count transit. We used to fly on Malaysia Airlines in the early 2000s; we considered it our next choice after SQ and Cathay.

:joy: thanks! I discovered it thanks to a meme. I also got another one: :pianist:

Although people are more likely to use the latter :joy:

Ah, drama. My batch has definitely gone through chill phases and drama phases. Eighth grade (ages 13/14) was definitely dramatic, and I think there was some carried over to the next year as well. We definitely got more chill during our last years though. Hope it goes well for you!

Also I’m gonna disappear from Wacky and the next time I’ll pop in will be Friday night US time at the earliest (so that’ll be Saturday late morning for you, at the earliest). Hoping to do well for my last final. See ya! :wave:

:joy: So true — my mom imagines us the way Hansel and Gretel were in one of their movies

I’m not really :sweat_smile: I know one or two, like NUS, but otherwise I’m lost

MAS is nice, I’ll admit :joy: Not blowing my own horn here. I’ve flown Air Asia a few times, and i hated them so there’s that xD

I like them both xD Telegram has a lot of cool sticker as well, and this seems to roll in with the cursed emoji set :joy:

I’ve faced this for 5 years xD I’m used to it by now but thank you!

All the best for you! <3

1 Like

Well, right now I’m rusty as heck so I could play absolutely nothing for probably two weeks.

I could play Pachebell’s Cannon comfortably, so two hands together is feasible. But sight-reading to play never clicked as fast as sight-reading to sing, so I struggle to read and play anything at all…so learning what even I wrote down is next to impossible for me.

So, I played a lot of my own stuff that I learned from just plinking around in a practice room because I could figure out the fingering without having to look at a score…

So if I could read and reliably poke the right key fast enough, I’d be right there with you at beginner/intermediate, but really, I’d have to start back at the basics and get proper fingering down, so I could play scales and warmups with some confidence, at this point.

Guess who’s just survived finals week XD :partying_face: although now I have to focus on packing up and printing stuff, because I am officially flying back home XD

Oh, then I guess you won’t know, phew XD It’s a branch of a rather famous Singaporean school there. When I tell a Singaporean what school I go to, they usually know, and they’re usually impressed. It doesn’t enjoy the same amount of prestige in my country though.

I’ve never flown AirAsia XD but yeah, MAS is nice. I haven’t flown them since 2012, though (I’m pretty sure that’s the last time I’ve flown with them, basically early 2010s). I’d have to say my favorite is SQ, but now ANA is up there too! I love ANA, now—generous leg room, good food, and some of their toilets have bidets on the plane! :awesome:

As for my countries’ airlines, they’re both good. Garuda is 5 Star (like SQ, ANA, and those other good airlines) and I can see why, because their service from the ground is top notch. You feel it even more in business class, because they even arrange the check-in area in a way that you can sit down while checking in! As for Philippine Airlines… it’s much better now. It took them a while to upgrade, and I still rank them lower than others, but the food is good.

Thank you! And now I’m done with them :rofl: although I don’t expect to do super well on them, I think they’re good enough. I’m just praying to pass at this point, haha

I feel you about not being able to sight-read well. Until now, I’d say I’m a very slow sight-reader. Usually I just ignore the fingering, haha, since I have small hands. I just use the fingers I’m more comfortable with.

I guess I go ahead and post this?

insomniac introductions

name: Lacy
pronouns: She/her
likes: Writing, reading, probably some other stuff…? I’m terrible at listing likes and dislikes
dislikes: Avocados. Idk man
taglist: yes / no

1 Like

Hi five :raised_hand:

Heyyy someone who agrees with me

1 Like

It’s past 2 a.m., I’ve been printing documents for my flight in two days—er, make that one. Nearly panicked when the ticket printed had nothing on it because it didn’t recognize the Japanese font, but I managed to make it work. And I still need to pack my bags.

How about my fellow insomniacs? What’s keeping you up at night? :eyes:

Hooray!! :partying_face: Never was one for packing :joy: but enjoy the trip back home! <3

Ooh, now I’m really interested to know :eyes: :joy:

I’ll have to try these flights sometime :rofl: I’ve flown a number, but I’ve yet to find a fav :sweat_smile: As long as there’s room for my legs and enough for me to sit straight, I’m happy :woman_shrugging:

Oh wow, that sounds so nice! :open_mouth: Makes me want to get on one rn lol

Assuming these are your first physical papers in a while, I’m sure you’ve done your best! <3

1 Like

Yep, and hello Lacy! <3 I’ll add you to the taglist in a moment. Been a while since anyone was tagged though :sweat_smile:

:open_mouth: You don’t like avocados?? How could you?? :joy: jkjk But I personally love them. Avocado pasta’s one of my favourite things!

Ah, early mornings :joy: Hopefully you’ll get it wrapped up easy!

:eyes: My brain xD It’s mid afternoon here though, and I’m all wrapped up in a blanket since it’s been raining heavily and I’m chattering my heart out xD

1 Like