𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 — 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐜 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

I think it was Adrian XD you haven’t mentioned Duke to me before.

Yeah, reading is good. I did that on my flight home and I’m now more than halfway through the book, but I had to stop because there was turbulence and reading the book while it was shaking made me a bit nauseous.

1 Like

Yeah, probably lol… I left Adrian somewhere with an alien at 8k

Which book was it?

1 Like

Haha, are they getting along well?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I’m reading it right now, with ambient jazz music playing from my laptop in the background. Once my gadgets are fully charged, then I’ll stop reading. There isn’t a socket next to the bed, unfortunately, so I can’t charge and use my stuff on bed like I usually do.

1 Like

He’s topless outside, and she’s wearing his shirt. And Adrian, apparently never feels the cold, which is a lie 'cause he’s trying to seem tougher than he is.

Harry Potter and jazz music? :joy: What a random combination. I guess that reading is a good way to kill time. So is looking at science stuff.

1 Like

:rofl: I have a character who absolutely hates the cold—well, it’s understandable, because he’s a fire-wielder. Later in the book I’m going to station him at a very cold and dangerous place, and he’s going to hate every minute of it :joy:

I find jazz music suitable for reading almost anything, especially study materials. Earlier on the flight I was listening to classical music while reading Harry Potter—Satie, Debussy, and tons of Chopin. I might make a YouTube playlist for one of my stories, so that you can listen while reading.

Science stuff is pretty cool too, especially when they do those flashy experiments or explain random things.

1 Like

Adrian is being a weirdo, to be honest. He’s going through his super-macho phase, lol. That sounds great tbh, placing a character that hates the cold in my freezer (it is pretty dangerous in there, never know that you’ll find lol). Joking aside, I hope it develops his character more.

That’s interesting. I usually listen to loud music for inspiration, fast music. Not most people’s thinking music tbh. Yeah, you should make a playlist.

I’m re-learning the periodic table. Shoulda did this 10+ years ago lol.

1 Like

Ah, that kind of phase, trying to act all tougher than you are. Lol. And thanks! He’s going to hate the cold, but while he’s there, the stuff that he’ll face will force him to unlock more of his potential. Him being in a cold area is actually part of a test to see if he’s worthy of being promoted—it’s covered by the latest entries of Edin’s diary.

Nice. For me, sometimes I write better when I’m not listening to music, but other times it helps. I take inspiration from a lot of genres—pop, artcore, video game soundtrack, classical, jazz, all that stuff. I’ll probably work on the playlist later.

LOL. When I was in sixth grade we learned to memorize the first twenty elements of the periodic table, but when I moved school, we never bothered to memorize it, haha. They just gave us the table during tests and exams.

1 Like

Adrian used to be in a relationship with Marvin and he was the less masculine one (he’s not effeminate, or anything but compared to Marvin he was the ‘artsy nerd’/‘smooth operator’ kinda guy). I think he wants to kinda explore things a bit and see if his softer side was a phase, or he is still softer. Weirdo, I know.

That sounds good xD But a bit mean. A test. I hope he passes it and is promoted now.

Artcore sounds interesting. Have fun.

Wow, I would have wanted to go there lol.

1 Like

Oh that, I understand. I’d say I’m generally more masculine than the average girl, and for a while I thought I’d always stay that way. I’m slightly more feminine now, but I still consider myself a more masculine girl, lol. I don’t think this feminine side of me is a phase, but maybe the more romantic writing part of me is a phase.

Yup. He’s been promoted to the highest rank: senior. You can say it was worth the pain :joy:

I can give you a long artcore playlist :joy: thanks! Hope you have fun too.

1 Like

That’s good to find these things out. I’m kinda I dunno, tbh. Masculine a bit?

Edin the senior citizen :wink:

Longer than 1k songs? lol.

1 Like

You seem masculine from what I see. Then again, I don’t know you as much as other people here, probably.

:rofl: that makes him sound way older than he actually is. In the Philippines, senior citizens are at least sixty years old. Edin’s in his twenties :joy: but he’s a senior guardian. In the part of the book that I’ve actually written, he’s twenty-three turning twenty-four. However, in his diary—which covers the later part of the book—he’s already twenty-five, maybe even twenty-six.

Oh no, way shorter than that :joy: but you can expect it to be several hours long, especially since some artcore songs are pretty long (like Inane by Sakuzyo).

1 Like

I have eaten beef jerky for breakfast before (lol don’t ask). Yah, fair enough. I think we are all on a spectrum anyway.

LOL, yeah. 65 here, I think. Wow, he’s my age in the diary. And yeah, 23 is a good age (says Churro, who writes old millennials past their prime lol).

I have a 1.6k song playlist lol. Yeah, wow. Long songs.

1 Like

Whoa, you’re 25/26? Well if you do happen to read his entries, I hope they sound like your age, because he’s older than me and I’m trying to figure out if he sounds like his age XD but then again, he does come off as younger than his actual age, due to circumstances.

LOL! I actually think the best age is about 24 or 25, since you’ll still be in your physical prime, and your brain would be fully developed by then.

1600 songs…

I’d have to combine my classical playlists to even get to that number :joy: although they’re already long on their own. The longest playlist I have is A Slice of Shostakovich, and that’s more than twelve hours long. I’m working on Debussy now.

1 Like

Yeah, how old did you think I was. Is this first person?

Are you calling me expired? xD Jk. I think the prime is 25-30.

Yah, I was bored when I made that lol.

Wow, 12 hours of one composer?

1 Like

I thought you were about 27 or 28 :sweat_smile: Edin’s diary is in first person, but the actual book is in third person omniscient, mostly from his view.

No, you’re far from expired :rofl: if you were really old, like in your eighties or nineties or something, then you may be considered expired :rofl:

Yup. It’s mostly because he has a lot of symphonies and string quartets, so his playlist ended up becoming super long. I’m not sure if I’ve told you this, but what I’ve been doing is taking a deep dive into one composer at a time, so I’d listen to all their pieces (as in, all of them) and compile my favorites into a playlist for each composer.

In terms of length, the longest so far is Shostakovich. In terms of the actual number of pieces, the highest is my favorite, Chopin. He has 123 pieces as of now, and that number’s going to expand because I’ll add more :joy: to put into context how much that is, he composed 225 pieces. I’ve added more than half of his work into a playlist because I just love his music that much XD the reason why it’s not as long is because his compositions are mainly short solo piano pieces.

1 Like

Not too bad, lol. That’s interesting, why the POV change?

Churro milk :stuck_out_tongue: Good, good. 80s is a good age.

Oh, he’s a show-off then :wink: Nah, strings are usually nice. Ah, a deep dive is always nice you know?

Chopin was productive lol.

1 Like

Well, I knew that I was going to show part of Edin’s diary in the actual book. It plays a rather big part in the story. The thing is, I’m afraid that when it’s time to write it, there may be inconsistencies here and there, so I’m drafting it here on Wacky so that I can keep track of events. I don’t recall anyone writing diaries in third person, so that’s why it’s in first person, haha.

Strings are nice. I just have a preference for a certain breed of strings :wink: deep dives are awesome. It’s nice to go past the popular stuff and find music that you otherwise wouldn’t have heard or loved if you simply stuck to the surface.

Considering how he died young, yeah, he was. Other composers were way more productive though—his contemporary, Liszt, wrote more than 600 pieces. Bach composed more than 1000. That’s why I’ll dive deep into them later—can you imagine how long it will take for me to finish listening to everything they’ve written? :joy:

1 Like

Ah, I see. Yeah, keeping track of events is important. I use Scrivener to organize stories now.

Haha, fair enough about the diary.

I like dramatic strings, bass too. Of course, finding songs is always good. Undiscovered gems.

1k is a lot lol. You might be expired by the time that is done lol.

I’m thinking about the character I made called Duke.

1 Like

Cool. I use Wacky to keep track, or just my head, lol. Sometimes my private chat on WhatsApp also stores notes on what’ll happen next.

I’ve heard of Scrivener. You have to pay for it though, don’t you?

I like dramatic strings sometimes, but I’ve found that I tend to listen to sweet or mellow strings more. Bass is good, especially in jazz, pop, and electronic.

Maybe, maybe not :slight_smile:

Cool, what’s he like? :eyes:

1 Like

Private message are good. I do that as well at times.

Yeah but you can get get good discounts on it through NaNo and stuff. I think that’s how I got it?

It depends for me. Four seasons is nice though.

I like welcome to heartbreak by Kanye West because it combines strings with hip hop well and it works for the song.

We will see.

Kinda nice. Very savvy, cares about his friends, good at ideas. Practical. Loves his wife and would do anything for her. A general dude. Surfer. A bit of a hippie and scientist too. Was encouraged to toughen up a bit by his sailor dad.

Sorry posted the last post early lol.

1 Like