Oh, such a fine collection of stranger things

My patience running thinner on this melting clock
Cerebrum jailed with thoughts, most would consider rot
To think you're any different from an animal
A creature sick as you should be put down
But I can't help myself

Oh-na-na-na-na, oh-na-na-na-na

Welcome to our freak show (oh-na-na-na-na)
Come meet my monsters (oh-na-na-na-na)
Oh, such a fine collection of stranger things (oh-na-na-na-na)

Please, don't hide your imperfections nature
Took two tries to make the man in white
No, I don't mind, you are a beauty
Not temptation, you're my creation

Freak o' Friday night, know I'm the main attraction
Basket acrobat, they wanna see some action
Tinkering with my design, twist and turn my feral mind
Play with me 'til you've found another toy
Let me be your freak show, I could be your favorite monster
Rattle my whole cage, remind me why I can't be fostered
Let me be your freak show, I could be your favorite monster
Lock me up, don't let me out 'cause you know I can't help myself

You're wasting, you're wasting all
Of your time finding a cure when there's no disease
You're wasting, you're wasting all
Of your talent on an audience who sees a freak

Oh-na-na-na-na
Can't help myself

Β 

listen here

3 Likes

thread writing

Fading Reality | R. C. Noctem "i have to go. please, just let me go."

the memory of the tears that had glimmered in her eyes, of the way her lips had trembled and she had shaken like a leaf as she begged him lingered in his mind, etched onto the backs of his eyelids.

"i promise i won't tell anyone."

he wondered what was there to tell. what could she possibly tell the authorities? that the man she was married to, that the brilliant intellectual she slept with, was a monster? the devil himself wearing an angelic face?

it wasn't like they would believe her anyways.

but did it really matter, when all she had been hoping for was that he would understand? understand exactly what he was doing to her, to her heart, her mind, her body. her soul.

he'd been tearing her apart.

that thought broke the dam.

his knuckles turned white on the steering wheel as he brought the car to a skidding halt, tyres screeching at the sudden movement. tears brimmed at the rim of his eyelashes, catching on the edge of a jet strand before sliding down porcelain skin stained red.

she had no right. none at all to accuse him of being such ... of doing such ... of ruining her. he was her salvation. and she'd been too much of a fool to understand that.

he slid out of the sleek sedan, crisp shoes crunching over the gravel as he made his way around the car, to the trunk. as he clicked it open, the soft, muffled sounds of his pretty wife's cries reached his ears. he stared down into her fearful face; pupils blown wide in fright, golden skin pale and slick with cold sweat.

oh, she was utterly marvellous. it was a shame though that he had to get rid of her. she was truly the best he'd ever had.

butt here would always be others. and she knew she was always expendable.

"please, please don't do this. I promise I won't ever say anything again. please, I - I love you!" she croaked out desperately, clinging onto him for dear life as he cradled her against his chest, walking them over to the edge of the bridge. he blinked at her, before staring down into the seething, swirling foam of water that roared beneath them.

"oh, i know, darling," a sharp smile sliced over his lips, and then down she went, tumbling into the churning darkness below.

he whistled softly as he slid back into the car, dabbed at the blood seeping out of the cut on his cheekbone. dark eyes stared back at him in the rearview mirror and his reflection began to weep.

"why? why her? why can't you just leave me alone?!"

"shhh," he breathed, taking joy in the pain that swept over the chiselled features mirroring his own. "this was the deal."

ignoring the pleas that strummed through the silence, he gripped the steering wheel, driving the car down the smooth road, watching as the city flashed by.

"this reality will fade away for you soon enough."
Β 

count: 516 words

3 Likes

okasjdfs girl physics and chem are killing my soul :joy:

2 Likes

I feel you

2 Likes

Chem’s alright for me but pyhsics … :sob: it’s been slow - poisoning me for over a year now

3 Likes

Physics has always been a love-hate thing for me. xD It brings me the most pain but also much inspiration. I’m doing chem right now… it’s not bad but I don’t like it as much as chem last year.

1 Like

:joy: I don’t really have a choice considering that I have my national exams this year and, being a science student, attempting liking these subjects are the only way forwards! :sob:

2 Likes

Oof, good luck!! That’s probably true. But do you like them? Even a tiny bit?

2 Likes

Sometimes :joy: Like when I get to watch magnesium burn, or play around with light optics

2 Likes

@FourcedowErsert @TheMidnightAssassin @NotARussianBot @wednesday
How was everyone’s day? I spent the whole day talking and my brain’s fried as this point :rofl: That’s what debate does to you! I have a few more rounds tomorrow, and then the next weekend is chess, and then the next weekend is another debate competition, right before my diagnostic exams. :sob: My weekends and free time are all gone.

6 Likes

I still have free time. I’m using this to think about what in earth they’re mining in the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Because it’s either invisible, very clean to extract, or these guys are the cleanest coal miners on television.

2 Likes

:joy: That is so nice!!!

3 Likes

And to make it even weirder, it seems to be based on New England, but New England doesn’t really have much of a history of mining.

If they were just haunted mines that brought in a lot of tourists, I 'd have no issue.

1 Like

Oooh, you do debate?

I have a cousin who does it so I know a little bit about that (I can not talk in front of crowds O.o)

What was it about?

Also, I’m doin pretty good:)

4 Likes

:eyes: Β  I’ll have to check this out sometime :rofl:

2 Likes

Just so you know, there’s a lynching scene. No I’m not kidding

1 Like

Yep

I still can’t really speak in front of crowds xD

There were three rounds for today; so three themes in total and they were education, sports and social media I think? Can’t remember the second debate’s one 'cause I’m so drained :sob: It’s my first debate in a while though, and first online one, so I guess I’m not as worn out as I would be in a physical debate

3 Likes

Lynching? :eyes: Sounds like something I should start watching :rofl: My days have been filled with soppy, feel - good cliche types whenever I go to the tv :rofl:

3 Likes