Tracking The Wattpad Ranking System Update Schedule

After learning about how this ranking system sometimes refreshes every day and sometimes freezes for several days, I decided to track it. Whenever the tag ranks update, I will post about it here.
Everyone is welcome to track it and post about it here too :purple_heart:

Previous discussion thread:

Let’s begin!

5 Likes

I tried that before. I can’t remember if that on the old forum or not. I recorded what I had done, experimenting with different schedules etc. In the end of the day, I suggest you post this on TikTok :slight_smile: Who knows, if not one algorithm, then another…

1 Like

I don’t have a TikTok. Also, why? :sweat_smile:

Because if you post something short and snappy on TikTok once a day, and tag it properly, who knows? Maybe it will get popular and people will check out your book.

2 Likes

OMG!!! Genius!!
Why haven’t I thought of that before?
Thank youuuu!
Now all I gotta do is convince my mom that I can do TikTok and college at the same time XD

2 Likes

Updated today a few hours ago but I forgot to log

Updated

Although, my old tags are the ones ranking, not the new ones I changed yesterday :\

Updated

Now the new tags work!

3 Likes

Updated

Edit: I think it updates daily at 8:30 mountain time

1 Like

Yes, I saw it as well, though I think it was 8 am. Lost my accidentally awesome tag ranking from yesterday. It was a wonderful day for one of my old stories.

1 Like

Same. I was ranking 98 in psychopath :sob:
What did you get yesterday?

1 Like

1 in reverseharem and 19 in romance on a fiction I didn’t touch for two years or so… it was weird to see people suddenly adding it to reading lists and reads going up.

1 Like

OMG OMG 19 IN ROMANCE!!
Congrattsss!! :heart_eyes:
How many reads did that boost your story?
And it really sucks to just have it for one day :cry:
It’s like they’re teasing us.

About 500, so peanuts vs what a more mainstream story would have gained. It is very obviously a marginal story, so I think it benefited more from reverse harem tag tbh, and I wish it would have kept ranking in that, because typical romance readers are not my audience for this specific story.

1 Like

What’s interesting, for the fiction that small/old, the tag ranking jump resulted from just once active reader who went and voted for 27 chapters and left a comment. :sweat_smile: that made 30 other people check it out the next day, once ranks went up.

Oh, and my ranking in pop-star on Lone Werewolf finally became real vs phantom, though lower than in the 30’ies. It’s in the 50’s.

Yeah I heard that the top 5 are the goods spots for gaining readers
Still, 500 is pretty good! But yeah I wish it lasted longer : (

1 Like

wow! So the old stories get ranked that way but new ones don’t!
Interesting indeed!

1 Like

I haven’t been checking in bc I was sick. Dang it!

1 Like

I am pretty sure new ones do too.

1 Like

Cool! It’s good to know something that works about the algorithm : D