Tracking The Wattpad Ranking System Update Schedule

More like since 2017 or early 2018. Basically, in the old system, according to the old guard, if you ranked, you got reads, and it was fairly easy to rank (you just updated at certain frequency, got read for reads going to launch etc). Nowadays, unless you accidentally rank like #1 in romance, you won’t get any extra reads. And your extra reads will last for like half a day even then. You are way better ranking on TikTok and bringing readers in with you than anything on Wattpad itself

1 Like

wow. ok.

so how do I rank on tiktok?

No idea.

1 Like

Btw. Is your Wattpad username the same as here?
I wanted to follow you since forever.

Yes, it is the same & thank you

1 Like

OMG you’re a Wattpad star!!
You’re so nice and cool and everything.

1 Like

Ah, thank you. Well, I am going to be back to just another WP writer soon, once Stars is done this December. It’s probably for the best.

1 Like

But I heard that it’s being replaced with something called Creators. Am I right?
So don’t feel sad. You’ll get something new & better :hugs:

1 Like

I preferred the Stars.

1 Like

So, no updates yesterday and the day before that.
I think it’s stuck again :expressionless:

1 Like

Looks like they’re finally looking into it!

2 Likes

I never knew about this site status.wattpad.com !
Thanks!

2 Likes

no problemo! Just popped up on my twitter! Least they’re on the way to fixing it, hopefully XD

2 Likes

I have a bad feeling that after the fixes my books will never even rank.

1 Like

Oh, no. Why do you think that? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I don’t have many readers. And if the rank is truly fixed, then all the 1000 spots will get filled with all the books with millions of reads. There are so many of those on WP….

1 Like

Oh shit! I didn’t realize that by fixing it they mean like that! :weary:
I thought they would just unstuck it.
Now we’ll never have a chance to rank.

1 Like

I don’t think this is a true fix though, just a patch of the recent issue. And hopefully, a true fix would not just count reads (that’s what I hope at least, because if your books won’t rank, then my definitely won’t :joy: )

SLB got stuck as ranking #1 in #FreeTheLGBT though so I’m not complaining (and it has brought in about 1k reads since the rankings last updated, although other factors could also account for some of those).

2 Likes

I think that I have given up on the ranking system at this point. :joy:

2 Likes

r.i.p. my rank ig :,)

3 Likes