traveling

i have my florida trip in 11 hours i’m so excited omg

i need tips whats florida like (last time i actually stayed there was when i was 9)

3 Likes

Temperature’s around 80 during the day, 60 at night right now so bring shorts and tees, but maybe a jacket if you go out at night. Long pants too just in case. Hope you have a good time here! Going to Disney?

2 Likes

as a native floridian, born and raised and currently still here, it sucks lmao. but obviously that’s because i see it as the place i’ve always lived and not a cool tourist location. like… there was literally a (shooting tw ig?) pretty bad shooting where ten people got shot literally YESTERDAY, only 15 mins away from me in a place i know super well. and our governer is literally horrible person lol. the people in charge here are literally trying to get new legislation passed that will allow people to conceal carry without any sort of permit or training beforehand.

…ok thats all really sucky stuff, im just really sick of this place lmao. legitimate tips: beware traffic, florida drivers are built different. busch gardens is the best amusement park we have imo, great place. volcano bay is the best waterpark hands down as well. beware gas stations at night because there are Hella scammers trying to get you to pity them and give them money. universal studio’s citywalk is free and quite nice, has a superb donut place! the millenia mall and the florida mall are both in orlando and super nice and worth a visit, millenia = boujee, rich people, only if you have Schmoney. florida mall = more affordable. treasure island in st petersburg is the prettiest place for beaches imo. if you’re going to miami or around that area… Good Luck LOL. (i hate miami tbh)

1 Like

60 degrees is not cold, 60 degrees is nowhere near freezing, and 60 degrees is more than our daytime temperatures at the moment. :smiley: You do not need long pants and a jacket in 60 degrees in the Floridian humidity! Heck, we sometimes get 60 at summer here.

Maybe I am just sensitive to the heat, but I would not, under any circumstances be wearing a jacket at 60 degrees, summer, winter, or at none of those points :flushed:

Anyway, I hope OP enjoys their trip though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

2 Likes

ayo keep in mind though if florida is all you’ve ever known, 60f is cold! i find it super cold and hate it, and absolutely bundle up like it’s winter lmao

if you’re used to “”real”” (real in quotations because it’s subjective imo) cold, then yeah ofc you don’t need a jacket

3 Likes

I’ve worn t-shirts outside in minus weather :flushed: I rarely actually get cold, and I am always warm, mostly.

Yeah, I get that but if I was in Florida, I know I would never need a jacket :stuck_out_tongue: Even if I was used to it knowing what I know but I spose it is ‘cold’ if its all you ever know.

1 Like

like if you flip it around, heat is all i know so what you might find blazing hot i’d probably only find it mildly warm LOL. i wear sweaters with no issue in 90f+ weather, so i am a master of heat :sunglasses::+1:t3:

2 Likes

just wanted to give you all a small update
im in disney and lost my voice :sob::sob:

1 Like