UK heatwave

yess, I’m in my feels :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I’m in Queensland, Australia.

I think Europe pinched our summer weather. There’s no need to return it.

3 Likes

Hot damn London is burning!

I’m in Plymouth. We got lucky today. Had a little rain early in the morning and some clouds throughout the day. It was still hot. The sun has been brutal the past few days. It is still hot. I’m sweating through the sheets

2 Likes

You’re in that kind of weather and you don’t have air conditioning?! (⊙.⊙(-̶●̃ₒ●̶̃)⊙.⊙)

Omg leave! I live in Florida where it rarely gets that high, but I’d just die if we didn’t have A/C. Have you tried a portable air conditioner? Or maybe install a permanent window unit? Or as a last resort, maybe fill a cooler with ice and blow fans over it. Wow, I don’t know how you’re getting to sleep at night. _ノ乙(、ン、)_

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=portable+air+conditioner

2 Likes

It’s literally for 3 days. It’s gonna get cool tomorrow.

3 Likes

Oh! How cool? And does this happen every year? And is it because of climate change, or has it always been this way in the UK? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

3 Likes

It’s getting more frequent now.

3 Likes

Ah! If I lived there, I’d definitely invest in a portable A/C unit then, and store it in a closet the rest of the year. I honestly can’t handle heat. (×_×)

2 Likes

Are the waterparks and pools crowded?

2 Likes

We got our Gulf heat early this year, so I’m not surprised by England being hit (Gulf stream).

When in a heat wave without conditioner:

1. “In the summer the correct ceiling fan direction is counterclockwise to send cool air down to the floor. The high speed air evaporates perspiration and creates a wind chill effect. This air circulation makes you feel cooler without affecting the room temperature. You can then set the thermostat at a higher temperature without forfeiting comfort.”

2. Attic fans are cheaper than central air. Your house will not easily cool if your attic is a hot box. “As attics reach 150-160 degrees, much hotter than it even is outside,” “The hotter an attic is, the warmer the home will be during the summer. This means you’ll find yourself constantly increasing the amount of presses you put on your air conditioner.”

3. You can hack it: $8 Homemade Air Conditioner - Works Flawlessly! - YouTube

4. Remember that your body heat is
    escapes from hands, feet and skull, and the spine is a central core area. Rub an ice cube down your spine when you’re hot. Keep your head cool

4 Likes

I haven’t been sleeping with a duvet at all, we only got some drizzle. Apparently I saw that after next week we’re going to get really really bad storms. Fun.

2 Likes

the last one was a good tip thanks!

2 Likes

very crowded

1 Like

Am from Aus, not UK, but I can tell you that we’re kind of laughing at the UK right now because our summers can get up to 50C :joy:

But, yes, we understand the struggle and hope UK get through it okay!

3 Likes

It’s over now lol.

3 Likes

2 Likes

The UK now

3 Likes

I live in the US and we have similar weather here in dreadful Kansas. It’s been 100s the entire week, and all next week. Our highest has been 110 degrees (43 Celsius). I feel bad for y’all since most of the UK don’t have ACs. :sweat_smile: :sadhug:

According to Lilo and Stitch, Pudge who controls the weather needs to calm the frick down. Or at least stop feeding him tuna. He needs peanut butter!

3 Likes

I heard that fish like donuts. Maybe that will calm him down.

1 Like

I’ve never watched Lilo and Stich

I don’t think I could survive in that type of weather :sob:

3 Likes