UPDATED!! Ask me about characters, magick, setting, and I'll ask you, too

Pegasaurus rexes.

1 Like

Exploring different time periods in the same world is such a cool concept. What are some major differences between the time periods, and are there any challenges regarding writing different time periods?

Eesh, that’s a hard burden to bear. Why ten-year-olds?

Very cool :eyes: Reminds me of the Egyptian gods. Sounds like all kinds of creatures can exist in Elgana. Are there any creatures that you draw a line at that can not exist in Elgana for whatever reason? (Like mythical creatures for me lol)

Haha fair enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does she have any powers or abilities or anything? Does she or others find out about what she really is?

That would be cool, haha. Oh darn

Only, like, five people know he exists lol. I’m sure that there are societies that worship the suns/stars in some form, but only a few people actually know the entity himself, and only one has met him in person since he became “god”.

He’s the ghost of a medieval 15-year-old boy named Albrecht who, in an unfortunate accident/explosion, got sucked up into the nebula (the realm of the stars, I guess) and became the proxy for the stars. He doesn’t do much besides stare down at the realm of the dead. He’s only intervened in the realm of the dead twice, once on accident and the other on purpose.

Nope! That’s too fantastical. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yup! A veeery long tome ago lol.

Only the two (life and afterlife) that everyone else has.

1 Like
Answers to first chunk

No ego. No thoughtful thanks. Think of it like an animal that might become your friend if you are nice to it. It’s just a simple reaction. No one on Elgana knows this. Either they think the Lunar Goddess has thoughts (and is generally good) or they think the moon is just the moon.

That’s good. I kind of repeated myself a little above though. Maybe it makes even more sense now? :wink:

Well, mostly the Kattalunae. Not because they wanted to be more powerful and were getting greedy, but it has to do with the clashes with their enemy, the Ilvagis. Hiding away the magick meant the Ilvagis would never get a hold of it to destroy it. Anyone who has it will become he enemies of Ilvagis and another devastating war would start.

To avoid that, the Queen decided to hide it all away. Better to not have it if it causes so much trouble and suffering. It’s also a massive power that not just anyone can control it and everyone thought only the royals could control it, but the Queen is dying. Before she dies, she uses her leftover magick to hide all the magick of her royal clan away where no one can find it.

Ever.

Perhaps :smirk:

It’s the counterpart of shadow magick and for balance on Elgana, it is very much necessary to have.

Answers to second chunk

Unfortunately, no. They thought that the magick would be eternal :pensive:

Well, they are each unique in their own ways. Choose one :wink: Pick a number, any number, lol

oh yes, they love duels.

The three different duels they do

Magick duels are most common and are between family or friends, between classmates for tests, against teachers for practice, or for show. There has to be at least one opponent. Two against one is considered unfair unless the strength of the two can match that one.

They also release their magick manifestation creatures called Fauds and set those on each other to fight above or next to the Sorcerers while the Sorcerers fight.

There also needs to be one who does the judging. Usually. Sometimes there is no judge especially if it’s just for practice. It’s also slow. Anyone can tell what’s going on.

Another kind of duel is weapons and/or physical combat. In “Lone Gold, Daring Purple”, MC Cypur and his younger brother have a combat duel at home in the living room (Here I took the “sibling bickering” to a Sorcerer level :stuck_out_tongue: ). Their father isn’t judging, but he’s watching and will call out the winner once one side is unable to move (sadly, it’s Cypur). Combat duel cannot involve any magick or it would be unfair. Sorcerers are at least fair :sweat_smile:

This type of duel can also be used for practicing swordsmanship or combat. Sometimes it’s fast, but for combat often it’s kind of clunky because Sorcerers worry about wrinkling their capes and usually don’t fight dirty. Swordsmanship can be fast, but often it’s slow because Sorcerers love themselves wielding, what they consider, “a beautiful weapon”.

I hope you see that Sorcerers are weird :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s a rare type of duel that can happen and that is a duel to death. Sorcerers are extremely hard to kill because the more powerful they are, the faster they heal and usually it’s the super powerful ones that build up competitive hate against other powerful ones. When it gets to the point of developing murderous feelings, that’s an extreme case. It does happen though. Otherwise, the world would be stuffed full of Sorcerers.

There’s no judge duel to death and it’s usually one-on-one.

Duel to death is the only kind of duel where anything goes, too. Sword, combat, magick, and anything else can be used. The Faud is also released to fight alongside the Sorcerer, sometimes fighting the opponent’s Faud, and sometimes aiding the Sorcerer. The battle is fast. Really fast. For the Sorcerer, it feels long. But it’s actually over in a few minutes.

Pinti watches one of these and from her perspective, it happens at lightning speed. She can’t see what’s going on and the magick is flashing (and flashy), so it’s hard to tell what’s going on because of that, too.

Sometimes one duel can evolve into another. So a combat can get magical, for example, if the winner just can’t be decided.

They are given a topic or an object (an actual physical object is placed in the front or given to each student), and they have to write up why it is aesthetically pleasing in the most (ridiculous) flowery language. If it’s not considered aesthetically pleasing to the larger Sorcerer society, they have to write about how it isn’t and then how it could be improved or changed to be aesthetically pleasing.

Basically, they have to be convincing that the thing is beautiful and if not, why and how it can be changed.

You know, I have no idea XD You really can’t satisfy a Sorcerer. But in “Lone Gold, Daring Purple”, Sorcerer society is impacted by the events and shows that maybe, just maybe, Sorcerers might be willing to change :wink:

1 Like

How well can she walk? If she touches water while on land, will she turn back?

In my underwater princess story, the main character Pandora is a siren (not scary) and if some salt water touches her skin, that patch turns into scales until she dries it and it turns back to skin. Even a towel can work. What’s it like for Caelynia?

What kind of animals?

Other questions:

• What is the rarest animal in Yuliv?
  • How did “Glow” get its name?
  • What planets and species can be found in the God Worlds?
  • Hathor is a Lyriumian, Fae, Human, and Demigod. How can they be Fae and Demigod at the same time? How are those different?
  • Who is Jay? What is their role in the story?
  • Dan is a Fire Dragonoid and Imogene is a Firebringer. How do their fire powers differ and how are they similar?
  • Isaiah is Glacis. What does that mean?
  • Do species with magical powers ever fight each other? If so, which species are against each other? Tell me the longest ongoing feuds.
1 Like
There is "story" in "history"

The time periods came about without thought XD

A character pops into my mind and then I see them in a time of Elgana and then it so happens to be a long time ago. Storm Heart, Fire Soul was the first one where it so happened that the Human character was living in a time where some native Elganians still existed.

If that’s the case, it would happen before Pinti’s story. Way before. Because by Pinti’s story Kattaluna and Ilvagi races are the only native Elganian races left.

That’s that difference and how that story came about. Around the time of SHFS, Sorcerers were not as common yet, and received some discrimination. I thought it would be interesting to explore a currently snobbish race that thinks highly of itself and discriminates against other races having once been a discriminated race themselves.

So, the difference between SHFS and LHSB (Pinti’s story) is the discrimination and who the main races were. Native Elganians were still considered as a race and so, Kattalunae were a sub-species of that race. There were also still royal Kattalunae at the time. Ilvagis were just doing their own thing, and seen as kind of threatening but not too bad.

I think the challenging part was to figure out how much changed. Take a look at our own history. Think what life was like 200 years ago. 1823. What were we doing in the 1820s? According to Wiki, 1824 saw the sixth president of America, 1828 saw the world’s first electric motor.

Technology and knowledge can affect history, too. So, how advanced were these creatures and how much did they know, and hence, how much would they have changed, realistically speaking (as much as possible, because well, it is fantasy :stuck_out_tongue: ). Also I had to consider how things were when Humans first arrived, and how the Humans then evolved or adapted to the Elgana.

Yeah, so, I could go on, but I did do a lot of thinking to make something somewhat believable. How much time has past since…and then, so, how much time would pass afterwards so that eventually it would reach Pinti’s era?..was something I thought a LOT about.

Because they were low on soldiers. She dropped it further and further because they were also low on children. Kattalunae, like the lionkind of the past (Solar Song, Frozen Fate story), were having trouble with bearing children and getting pregnant.

Anything with hooves are not Hybrids. Bugs are not Hybrids. I just find those too weird. Centaurs are just…too weird. Too many limbs. There are also no snake hybrids, but there are frogs, lizards, and gators. Lizard hybrids who have tails can regrow their tails :wink:

Thanks! True. There’s some bird guy, isn’t there? :stuck_out_tongue: Forgot the name.

She knows who she is and why she’s on Elgana. She has powers (so far, it’s only been Ilvagi shadow magick, but who knows, maybe she has more?) And only two characters in Storm Heart, Fire Soul find out or already know who she is.

That’s cool. Does he feel the passage of time?

How does he decide to intervene? He has thoughts? Does he remember who he was?

I shall return with more questions later :wink:

1 Like

Is there anything passed down through music? What kind of music is there?

Other questions:

• What is a popular food for the people in the lower part of society?
  • I can’t remember if I asked this…do the rich own pets?
  • How old is the oldest person?
  • Do any wise-people appear in your story? Like a wise old woman or wise old man or wise young person?
  • What’s considered to be the most useful skill to have to make a name for yourself in your world?
  • When it gets really hot, what do people of different ranks in society do to cool down?
1 Like

@HKelle

• How many books take place in the afterlife world and what are their titles? (ones you have written and ones you are contemplating if you have them)

• Difficult question: Name two of your favorite characters and tell me why they are your favorite. Don’t worry, I won’t tell your other characters what you said XD

• What are some popular games that child ghosts play?

• What’s the music like in a world filled with ghosts? (I was watching a clip from Pixar’s Coco and thought of this question)

• What kind of science is there? If scientists have died and gone there, maybe they’ve been doing some research? What’s some popular areas or things they look at? (For Elgana, a lot of people like to research the space between Rings, and the hole in the First Ring, and also a mountain called Drazlesk, and also, just normal sciency things).

1 Like

Pinit XD I do this, too XD

Pinti and her little sister Tendri get along really well. Since they’re 9 years apart, Pinti’s super protective of her sister. Tendri is also considered a miracle baby because for years her parents couldn’t conceive. This low birth rate is seen across all clans. This increases Pinti’s protectiveness over Tendri.

How Pinti met her friends…the only story I know is that she and Kirlan know each other since toddlerhood. Their parents are friends. Aln is Kirlan’s older brother of one year (and possibly on the spectrum, but I won’t make claims). Aln and Kirlan get along well and Kirlan is younger than Aln but often ends up being the “older brother” between them.

I’m guessing Pinti and Chardi met because Chardi made something for Pinti to become friends. That would be something she would do.

Pinti’s father might have some reservations about Aln, actually. Most don’t understand why Aln acts the way he does and think he’s weird. I get the sense that Pinti’s father is the same, but he knows Aln isn’t a bad kind and he does trust Kirlan, so possibly he lets it slide.

Her father stepped down a week or so before the war that’s going on at the beginning of the story. He did it because his magick was too weak to do anything and Pinti’s magick was strong. But only a clan leader can do healing.

Even though the age to become leader is 19 or 20, Pinti was made leader at 15, and it was a month before her birthday and adulthood ceremony (adult age is from 16). She’s the eldest of her family, and was going to become leader anyway, so she knows some things, but not enough.

The succession ceremony, her father will press his lunar marking against hers and pass over the leader’s powers (this is a mixture of his leftover lunar magick if he has any at this point, and also Kattaluna magick). Side note: the only thing Kattaluna magick can do at this point is something called submission attack which only the leader knows how to do. This isn’t often used, but when someone disobeys, a leader can bite the back of the neck of another and make them submit using the power.

No spells. No chants. Just raw magick energy seeping into the body. The response is instinctual.

You’ll probably wonder why I said “the only thing Kattaluna magick can do at this point” as if it could do other things. And yes, it could do other things but Kattalunae stopped using it like that. They could transform into massive blue feline beasts and run on all fours.

This

Elgana concept c

How? Hmm… Different depending on who can use them. The oldest is Guardian magick. The newest is Sorcerer magick. Lunar magick and Kattaluna magick can only be used by Kattalunae. Shadow magick can only be used by Ilvagis. Sorcerer magick is only Sorcerers.

Hybrids are called that because they are a hybrid of Humans and native Elganians. Hybrid Sorcerers exist and they can only use Sorcerer magick. Two different magicks cannot exist in one individual or they would cancel each other out.

Kattalunae have both Kattaluna magick and Lunar magick but those two are related, not different. Kattaluna magick is the raw magick of the Kattalunae, and lunar magick was a gift to them from the Lunar goddess. Both belong to the Kattalunae.

Guardian magick is the same deal. If there is a Sorcerer who is a Guardian, the Guardian magick is given to him, so the magicks won’t cancel each other out. They belong with him.

Just can’t learn it. So, if a Kattaluna tried to learn Sorcery, chances are, one will cancel out the other. It’s a collapse of identity in the worst case scenario. Once lost, it can’t be found again.

Finding out new lore about Kattaluna magick while writing this XD It’s like the lionkind magick. They could use their race’s magick to transform into lion animals. It makes sense if the same feline native Elganians can use their race’s magick to transform in some beast version. Kattalunae are like blue tabby cats with manes so it might be cool if they had a beast form… oooooo :open_mouth:

Answers to your stuff/more questions

Does she constantly pester them for food? 'cause animals do that once you befriend them :joy:

But it’s more somewhere in the middle if I understand correctly?

Guess losing the magic is the lesser of two problems in this situation :thinking: Is there a way to get the magic back should it be needed or is it gone for good?

Until the plot says someone does :relieved:

So lunar and shadow balance each other out?

Dang :pensive: Guessing there’s no cure?

Can I start and 1 and work my way through all of them? :joy:

Ooooo this sounds like the more standard one they would do in schools and stuff.

You’ve said there’s only something like 2-on-1 if the power of the 2 matches the 1. Has there ever been a case where there’s been more than 2 having to go against 1? For a school setting, what classes would be the ones most likely to do Magick Duels? Are they ever done just for fun or is it mainly practice and teaching?

Ooooooo gotta hear more about these

No big competitions or paid fights with crazy commentary?

From the description, it sounds more like the sorcerers prefer fighting from a distance with their magick to not ruin their clothing or fancy weapons :joy: What’s the point of letting the sorcerers participate in this if it seems like they’ll just complain about getting their weapons scratched?

Not even with their magick? :eyes:

This sounds like a common problem with trying to kill a sorcerer, especially with those fast healing abilities

So it’s high school poetry? It sounds like high school poetry

From what you’ve told me so far, that sounds like an unlikely “might” :sweat_smile:

Answers to my stuff

Because Caelynia rarely goes on land, her walking is a bit wobbly. For someone like her cousin Kayla who spends a lot of time on land, it’s natural.

As for the touching water thing, Zer have to be completely submerged to turn back. The ones that don’t spend a lot of time out of water, such as Caelynia, do have a problem of drying out if they spend too much time out of water. It’s more of an exposure thing, but all Zer need to have a swim every now and then otherwise they start getting unwell. E.g., on Lyriumia, most of the Zer live in Ariuma (the underwater city). The ones that live on land (like Kayla) often have pools in their workplace and homes

Honestly, no idea. I only just started developing the planet when I started my spin-off series because some of Hathor’s friends come from there and her brother works on U.F.W. :sweat_smile: But so far it’s big animals. Still working on the specifics

I haven’t gotten further than a name for this planet. Still working on the appearance and species (if it’s even inhabitable ;-; ) :sweat_smile: I’ve developed (more or less) all the worlds except for Ignus and Yuliv. They’re new ones.

It’s one of the closer planets to the sun and, because of its chemical makeup, it has a red-gold glow around it when you look at the planet from a distance so the “Discoverers” called it Glo. The local inhabitants, after the alliance was formed, decided to keep the name because the original name was very close in meaning

The God Worlds are the planets Lyriumia and Terpola. Both are very different but have similar plants and animals. They developed slightly different because biology but they are quite similiar :thinking:

Lyriumia is a lot like Earth only with more of an environment instead of infrastructure. It has stuff like grass, trees, oceans, fish, rivers, streams, deserts, birds, glaciers, snowfields. The more well known animals would be the Thunderbirds because they’re at the top of the food chain. Then there’s also the Wai’u because a lot of Lyriumians have them as pets or see them out in the wild. There’s also dragons, sand wolves, ice birds, phoenixes, unicorns, and a whole lot of other mythological stuff I can’t remember the name of :joy:

Terpola is also similar to Earth but not in appearance. It has a red sky and dark blue-purple oceans with the occasional pink one. It also has red and purple grass in some places. Unlike Lyriumia, Terpola has a wasteland (blame Amneris) that now has mutated plant monsters (blame Amneris) so had to be cut off from the rest of the planet. Terpola also has a small continent covered in snow and ice that Ice Dragons and Birds live on. It was more infrastructure than environment but the destroyed areas (aside from the Wastelands) are starting to grow back now that there’s a new Ruler named Xix.

Lyriumia and Terpola need their respective major powers to keep the planets in check and healthy.

Fae = Fairy
Demigod = Part God.

In my stories, Fae are not part God. Hathor, because she is as well as a few other things, is a Demigod because her mother is a God.

Jay is a member of the Lyriumian Court. He works for Amneris (the Queen of Lyriumia) and is one of her two main Advisors. He mostly helps Amneris out on missions around Creation and trains the younger Lyriumians. He’s also your general “jock pretending he’s not a nerd” kind of character only much nicer :joy: He and Amneris are often considered to be bad influences on each other, though he’s a lot more sensible when he wants to be. Jay also works at the Academy sometimes.

As for backstory, Jay is Prince of a Zievin nation. Well, was Prince.

Dragonoids are part dragon. Firebringers are made of fire.

Imogene, because she’s literally made of fire, has a lot more resistance to it than a Dragonoid does. She can also turn into a flame and create wildfires. Imogene’s hair also changes colour depending on her emotion (e.g., it’s normally orange fire but she’s embarrassed it turns pink and when she’s mad it turns white and so on). She also can’t be near water full-stop because it will kill her. Imogene can easily control fire and can fly. She works in the same way fire does

Dan’s fire mostly comes from his lungs and he can’t make it come from every part of his body. He’s also not made of fire, just resistant to it. Dan is also a lot more resistant to water than Imogene ever could be. He can’t create wildfires but can manipulate fire to a point. He also needs his wings to fly and doesn’t have the weaknesses that come from being made of fire.

Aaaaand Dan is an adult. Imogene is a young adult still at the Academy. Dan comes from Dragmire while Imogene comes from Ember, the closest planet to the suns of the Elemental System.

Glacis are beings made of Living Ice. He comes from the planet Geldia, the furthest from the suns in the Elemental Systems. He can’t be in hot places because he will melt. Isaiah’s touch can turn water to ice and he has ice and snow powers.

Let’s just say the Firebringers and Glacis don’t always get along :sweat_smile:

Yes. Quite a lot :joy:

Well, the longest fued is obviously between the Lyriumians and Terpolites. They’ve been at War since the Beginning of Time several hundreds of billions of years ago. It only recently ended :thinking:

On Zievis, Jay’s homeworld, the Fae and Humans have been at war for centuries. Basically, the Humans think they are superior and the Fae think they are superior and neither is willing to compromise.

The Zer and Walkers have . . . tiffs every now and then.

Firebringers and Glacis don’t get along because they are literal opposites. Same deal for the Dreama and Metsunox, and the Light-Benders and Shadow-Benders.

Angels, Fallen Angels, Devils and Demons fight because they all claim to be doing the “right thing” for their respective Beings.

A lot of Lower Beings almost wiped out the Cor’ei because of their powers. There’s only a handful left in all of Creation because of the Purge.

Then there’s some of the Gods who have been at war forever because, well, they’re Gods.

Now, if you want to talk about the longest ongoing battle, that would be between Creation and Void. But that’s more of a nature thing than an actual War thing

1 Like

Ahhh, I see! That’s very cool. So, what sort of culture do they have there? The Shaman leads them, but are they worshipped, or is it more of a community thing? Are there apprentice Shaman’s, or is it kept mostly in the family?

This is not only a great setup for conflict, but I feel like it’s also a very relatable experience for a lot of people. You begin to grow up, feel like your (albeit well-meaning and loving parent) doesn’t believe in you. Great overall, very well thought-out.

I don’t believe I’ve asked about her mother, or if she’s had any siblings. Does she have a unique relationship with any of them?

This is very interesting and reminds me a lot of DND’s dragons. Depending on the dragon, the aesthetic/gift they seek (or horde they gather) is different. Some love knowledge, some love pretty gems, etc. They surround themselves with beauty but don’t necessarily draw power from it. Very interesting! Did anything inspire you to create them in this way?

So, are sorcerers trained on how to resist the temptation? Has a sorcerer ever gone “evil” due to their desire?

The setting is in Panavora, an empire really, set on a smaller continent to the North-East of the map. You’ll find both colder mountainous terrains in the middle, and warmer beach terrains to the outer reaches in the North and South. Panavora is divided into four districts (five, technically, but the fifth in uninhabitable) all paragon of something, smithing, knowledge, technology, fishing, etc. In Pyke, the capital, you have entertainment districts, holy sites, and Castle Svets, the home of the monarchy, as well as some good farming lands. In Mynd District is mostly meant to improve knowledge, you’ll find most academies and libraries here, Koi District isn’t very populated, but they’re in control of the fishing and trade, and in Smyth District (as you’d suspect) there’s a lot of mining territories. The uninhabitable district is called Frostburnia, which is home to dangerous creatures, there is believed to be a portal there into the astral world–which is how all these creatures (demons and spirits included) escape. A wall, called Titan, was built around it to try and control the creatures. This had aided greatly in protecting the other districts, along with the fifth military sect, responsible for containing the creatures and dangers to Frostburnia–also responsible for dealing with incidents where creatures/demons/spirits escape.

The Era they’re in is the Twilight Age. They’re right on the cusp of true technological advancement. Right now, they’re beginning to build the train, have just invented the gun, and some even theorize they’ll be able to fly in a decade or so–electricity has not been invented just yet, but experiments are being had. So, they’re right before a truly industrial era.

Their culture promotes piety, hard work, and service to the empire. They’re under strict military rule, where everyone is expected to serve for at least five years once coming of age. They are all under one religion, which is that of the worship of Arion, who is believed to be the “God King” ruler of all the Gods, who gifted the “cure” to the corruption of magic to the first king–Typhal, who was believed to be a demi-god. Taking this into account, they believe the royal monarchy is “above man”, possessing powers “normal” humans could only dream and granting them the right to rule over them.

They’re basically a zombie, the outcome of rising them can end in two ways, either they attack the one who rose them from the grave, or they serve them. They also spread a plague, causing people to become sick and the land to die where they walk.

They can summon fire, water, earth, and air–using them to their disposal. Combat magic is very elemental, though it can extend to other spells (for example, there’s a “kill” spell, which requires the user to give some of their life in order to take another, but magic used on that scale requires a lot of willpower and has a tendency to go wrong.) Some have “special” sorts of combat magic, depending on their “core” magic (decided at birth, usually having to do with the season/time, someone born in winter will have a stronger connection to water for example while someone born in spring may have a stronger connection to the earth). They’re also able to tap into other “sub” elements, like lightning, magma, metal, wood, etc. but you have to be very powerful in order to do something like this.

There’s also defensive combat magic, things like paralyzing ruins, sleeping spells, healing magic, etc.

So, they are given their orsa (or diapause) at birth. This is meant to keep their magical abilities in a sort of fetal stage, small so they’re unable to wield it. Because it’s a fetus, it doesn’t cause damage to them not to use it. It essentially puts a pause on their magic. If the orsa, or diapause, is removed, then the magic can grow–sometimes at a dangerous rate, sometimes at a normal one.

There’s also instances where the orsa breaks inside the person, in which case the substance inside of it leaks out and kills the fetus. It’s not strong enough to defend itself, so it dies completely. In cases like this, the person often dies. Other times it simply means they will never be able to use magic again.

Edit: Sorry for taking so long! My silly ass had this draft typed out for several days, lol. Thank you for all your replies, btw, it’s really helped to flesh out some things and has helped me deliberate on some of the aspects. I also have really enjoyed reading about your story, and listening to your answers, I can’t wait until it comes out :slight_smile:

1 Like
Answers!

It would be funny if she did :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it’s weird middle thing.

The reason being, I wanted to explore the idea of a goddess that isn’t like the ones you might see in a lot of fiction. Because it’s not entirely sentient, you can’t ask it to do things. It’s neither good nor bad. And if Kattalunae believe it protects them, but then it doesn’t (because it doesn’t think) then what would happen to their beliefs? What would characters think? I thought it would be interesting :wink:

There is a way :smirk: And that will one day happen. Because it’s not completely gone yet. Pinti has lunar magick. Just a really underdeveloped weak form of it. But it’s in her to stay.

Yes! You know how you say “the dark side of the moon”? I thought that was cool and decided that shadow and moonlight are counterparts that can exist on two sides of the same coin (moon, in this case).

There’s a way. It relies on Pinti’s story :stuck_out_tongue:

First Ring is the Human’s ring. It is the one with the hole in the middle that no one knows where it goes (it actually goes to the underside of Elgana). All cities have special domes over them to protect from sandstorms. Mostly dry lands and desert.

There’s a giant relic of a spaceship making up a rowdy city here and the spaceship is called Life Ship. Life Ship was one of many ships that carried hundreds and thousands of humans across the universe from Earth to arrive eventually at Elgana.

But the main city is Syaraize City as it’s the one with the giant portal station. Portals distort space and time, so your internal clock and perception of time gets distorted. It would look like night, but it’s actually noon. Walls shift to become paths and paths shift to become walls.

An interesting thing about Humans is that a majority of them are dark-skinned or brown-skinned and have red hair. Scientists say this is because many of them on the Life Ships were that way, and some say it is because of how much sun they soak up. There aren’t many soggy, rainy days here on the First Ring.

Apart from Syaraize City, another popular city is Bairenshire. It is a mega city meaning that it has the tallest, longest wall surrounding it and the biggest dome. It’s the most populated Human city with giant glass towers. You can’t miss it from afar and it appears in many paintings.

I have no idea XD :woman_shrugging: All I can say is that Sorcerers like fairness and pretty things. If it is pretty, and beautifully done, they can support unfairness and even murder in some cases. Yeah…they’re weird. Sorcerers LOVE competition. They would most likely do magick duels for fun if they wanted to.

Fauds are the manifestation of magick and can take any form. Cypur’s Faud is a komodo dragon with indigo scales with golden sparkles of magick.

If it is beautiful, see, anything goes. I have yet to explore the less sophisticated side of Sorcerer society. Maybe there are crazy fights? Who knows?

They prefer showing off their beautiful magick. Nothing to do with weapons getting broken or clothes getting dirty. All about the aesthetics. In fact, there is a spell to instantly clean clothes and weapons are infused with magick so they don’t get easily damaged.

Right. Not even with their magick. Surprising? :wink:

lol maybe

Or maybe I’m just trying to get you to read Lone Gold, Daring Purple :stuck_out_tongue:

I shall respond to your answers and ask more questions later.

1 Like

And i shall respond to this when i get to my computer next because it’s easier and my phone keyboard sucks :joy:

1 Like

But this doesn’t stop them from worshipping what is essentially a magic rock?

Has the Lunar Goddess ever not protected them? Wouldn’t they already be having doubts because of the losing magick thing?

It is :eyes:

Assuming that would be the plot of the story, huh?

Thought Pinti was stronger than her father :eyes:

the Pink Floyd album?

Definitely very cool. Wait, does that mean shadow magick comes from some Shadow/Dark Lunar Goddess?

Ooooo tell me more about the underside

Was this a planned arrival or unplanned? Also, what happened to Earth?

This just sounds really cool and really annoying :joy: What makes the portals cause so much distortion?

Gotta love evolution :joy: Does this Human appearance apply to ones on the other Rings as well or did they develop differently?

What’s made Bairenshire so popular?

Also, let’s hear about Ring number 2

This sounds so pretty!

Honestly, that does sound really practical in general, not just for fights :joy:

If I had more time I totally would :sob:

:+1:

Interesting, I had an old story that played around with a similar concept. What was the cause of this, and can it be cured?

Exploring different time periods sound so cool. Do you think you’d ever have a story set in the same universe that takes place far after Pinti’s time, where technology would be more advanced than our own?

Nope. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah, he has thoughts. And he’s pretty lonely and can’t come down from the stars after assimilating with them. He remembers who he is, though that part have him has been shoved deep, deep inside himself and has been taken over by the crystals. His human self briefly breaks through after Skye manages to join him in the nebula during the climax of the story. He only decides to intervene in the realm of the dead when the villain (who is his father that murdered him) lays siege to After and Skye recruits his help to stop him.

Three confirmed. There’s a fourth one that I’m waffling on lol. They each have a different main character (one of the main ghost trio) and really don’t follow an over-arching plot, though there is a chronological order to them.

• The Dark Between Dreams (Skye’s story). This one has been written.

• Hollow is the Heart (Webb’s story) This one has been written. It just needs a HUGE overhaul at the moment lol. It’s about to get a huge expansion like the first one did.

• The Slayer of Stars (Vale’s story). I haven’t even plotted this one out yet…

• The Nebula of Nightmares
    this is the one I’m waffling on, and I want it to feature all three POVs of the main characters. This is where all their stories converge and the series ends. …As of right now, I have no idea what happens in the story or how it will end lol.

Number 1: Crow.
Love that antisocial bird-obsessed weirdo. He’s had a very loooong and storied life, and he’s fun to write. I’m mean to the characters I like most, and I’m very mean to this poor guy. :frowning:
Spoiler: He’s the only character I kinda regret killing off.

Number 2: uhhhh…That might be Webb? Just because dumb a$$hole characters are fun to write. He’s more of a third wheel comic relief kinda character in the first book, but I bully him a lot in the second book.

I think in a world where people have little belongings, just playing pretend with other kids is very common. I have a scene where Skye watches a bunch of kids play with handmade toy swords that are painted red, with others pretending to be monsters are being chased by them.
Most “toys” are probably rudimentary handmade items.

I’m sure some kids have sports equipment and actual toys that they share with their friends. Video games and stuff probably don’t work though. Boo.

It’s probably a really interesting mishmash of different cultures and time periods. Ghost parties are very common. Skye gets to join one such party where a bunch of ghosts are playing on a whole bunch of instruments (some of which she’s never seen before) all hooked up to a literal mountain of amps. They get crazy. ᕕ( ᐕ )ᕗ And ghosts don’t get tired, so they go on a while

I’m sure some are trying to get to the bottom of what lux is, and other things like how the heck their ghost bodies even function, but I think most science is exploratory. The world seemingly goes on forever, and there’s a lot to discover. Most of it is virtually untouched. Are there other afterlifes? Where do ghost that die go? Is the realm all desert? Does it ever end? What’s below the oceans? What’s across them? What’s up beyond the lux stars? Not even I know all this stuff! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Then I’m sure there are inventors who craft new things out of the found objects carried over from the living world.

Now I’m curious, what is in the hole in the first ring? :eyes:

What are some questions that Pinti has about her world that she wants to know? Does she ever find the answers?

1 Like

How long is too much time? Does it depend on the individual? Or the age of the individual?

I see. That’s interesting. Who were the Discoverers and where did they come from?

Related question: who named the planets? (I know you did, but you know what I mean :stuck_out_tongue: )

What’s the biggest city of Lyriumia? What’s a popular thing to do when in that city?

Why are the oceans such unique colors?

Do you have a bit of dialogue or scene that you can share or describe that best showcases this part of Jay? :grin:

Ooooh, so like Calcifer? From Howl’s Moving Castle? How she deal with rain? Can any bit of water kill her or does it have to be a lot of water?
What does she eat? What does she wear?
Is her body made of fire or does she also have skin or something like skin?
Does she ever turn blue like the fire on a stove?

The Elemental System sounds cool. What other planets are in the Elemental System?
I’m guessing all the elements… ?

So it comes from “glacial”? :grin: I like that name. That’s cool (not a pun, though it could be).

Can Isaiah be around Imogene at all?

What started this war? Land greed? Magic discrimination? Or just some power hungry leaders fighting?

I laughed XD Sounds like the Sorcerers and Humans of Elgana having a love-hate relationship with each other for various reasons.

Why don’t they get along? I can guess for the Light-Benders and Shadow-Benders, but I have no idea what these are :stuck_out_tongue: Please explain :wink:

Mmhm. *nods * Makes sense.

When did the Purge happen and why did it happen? Who started it? What were the main consequences?

1 Like
Answers to your questions

You got it. It’s a community thing. The Shaman (male) or Shamala (female) are not worshipped. They are only the leader. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if some Kattalunae think their leader is close to being godly. And it is kept in the family. The extent of family can go to the leader’s child’s cousin, but no further.

That’s exactly what I was going for! Pinti’s also in this weird place where she becomes a leader while still considered a child, yet, she is only a month away from adulthood. So, at times, she thinks she can be a good leader on her own, but other times, she wants to ask for help from her father.

Pinti’s mother is a loving, hard-working female. She’s the one that will come between any kind of quarrels and be able to calm everyone down. She’s got a big heart and loves her family dearly. Pinti doesn’t have a super close relationship with her mother, but they love each other very much.

Pinti also has a little sister named Tendri. Tendri is 9 years younger than Pinti and is actually called a miracle baby because Pinti’s parents could not conceive for many, many years. Tendri is super special to Pinti (who thought she would never have a sibling) and Pinti vows to protect Tendri. She would do anything for Tendri. Tendri is sunshine. She’s a happy child that can make even the grumpiest Kattaluna smile.

That’s interesting. I’m not so familiar with DnD characters, though I have familiarized myself with what DnD is and how it works.

Nothing really inspired me to make them that way. Sorcerers, in my mind, were already a snobbish race that valued beauty over everything else. I was looking for what this could be called and stumbled upon the phrase “aesthetic ethics”. I decided to take this to the extreme and explore how it would affect Sorcerers’ lives and relationships with other races.

Yes, and yes :stuck_out_tongue: Unfortunately, Pinti meets a few of them :sweat_smile: She’s a rare, beautiful thing, after all.

How did it get it’s name? Historically how. And also, how in terms of how you came up with it.

Steam or coal?
For this Twilight Age, did you take inspiration from the Industrial Revolution of Earth?
Has anyone figured out the photograph yet? Or the moving pictures?

About the God King Arion, does everyone believe in him or do some people have doubts? What are some common things people who have doubts will say about the God King?

How is the God King worshipped?

Interesting! Sorcerers of Elgana have a kill spell as well. It’s actually called the kill spell and can only work effectively on non-Sorcerers because Sorcerers are hard to kill :sweat_smile: But unlike yours’, the user doesn’t need to give anything up to use it.

You said “tendency to go wrong”, what do you mean by that?

How does one become powerful? Just training? Are there other ways? Are there any unconventional ways?

So, you said, it breaks inside and kills the fetus. But people still have to have this procedure done despite this risk? How common is it that the orsa breaks?

You’re welcome! I really do like asking all kinds of questions about worlds, so it’s been fun for me, too! XD

And thanks :grin: I’m ferociously editing :wink:

Answers!!

Well, they don’t know that :stuck_out_tongue:

The only ones that know what the Lunar Goddess is, are the Guardians, but more specifically, the Chief Guardian knows the truth.

Everyone else is worshipping a magick rock and asking it to do things, and then when similar things later happen, they believe their wishes have been granted :stuck_out_tongue:

At least in Pinti’s clan, many already don’t believe the Lunar Goddess protects them. Maybe watches over them. The younger generations are having doubts that the moon is more than a moon. Pinti herself is on the fence because her lunar magick does originally come from the moon. Pinti’s parents’ generation semi-believe in the Lunar Goddess. Pinti’s father believes visions come from the Lunar Goddess to help Kattalunae. The even older generations of grandparents believe even more.

Yeah, it’s close to the ending or in the epilogue.

She is. Still it’s weaker than what the royals had. She should be able to do so much more with it, but she can’t. She should be able to shoot beams of light at the Ilvagis and hurt them, but she can’t.

Not familiar with that. I know that name, but not any album.

It’s in here, in this Wiki.

Ooooh, you latched onto a good part of lore there :wink: There may not be a shadow Goddess, but there is a Guardian that is an Ilvagi. Skaavandil is the manifestation of the original shadow magick. She represents shadow and corruption, and the dark side of the moon, and is the counterpart of Aurvandil, the Chief Guardian. Aurvandil is the manifestation of the original lunar magick. He represents lunar light and peace, and the light side of the moon along with the Lunar Goddess.

He is even unclear how he’s connected or related to the Lunar Goddess. He can sense words from her, but not actually communicate with words. He doesn’t even know how this works. He just knows. The same with Skaavandil. She can sense words and meaning from the Lunar Goddess.

Underdeveloped lore.

The only thing I know for sure is that there are creatures living there. Anyone who has fallen to the Underside actually live. They just don’t know how to go back. Some unique evolution might have happened, too. Haven’t decided.

Also, the Sixth Ring where Ilvagis live and where the portal leads to is actually the Underside of Elgana but in the Sixth Ring. No one realizes this, of course. Of course, unless I write a story about an Ilvagi and they find it out.

The moon looks red in the Underside. It’s also quite desolate and barely habitable.

I don’t have much on this :sweat_smile:

Planned. Earth is alive, polluted, and over populated. It is us in the far future. Don’t know how far. That’s too sci-fi for me XD

Oh, it’s so annoying! Pinti gets so lost and frustrated when she gets there.

The magick it uses.

Sorcerer boy Cypur from “Lone Gold, Daring Purple” explains it well here:

“Portals are made of stagnant teleportation magick, potions for physical and mental relocation, magick that helps you control space time, gravity manipulation magick, and magick that allows you to solidify magick. All of these are forbidden magick. Well, to the masses, anyway. Some Sorcerers, whose names aren’t public, maintain the portals connecting Rings. They need to know it all by heart and it’s not easy to combine such complicated magicks.”

It’s the space time control and teleportation magick being in constant motion that is distorting space and time. If the portal is destroyed or stops working, none of the distortion would happen.

Humans stuck to the First Ring. They don’t like going elsewhere XD Not saying there aren’t Humans of other complexions. There definitely are because you can see that in Human Sorcerers.

Hmm…I think this is the reason from “Paws Chase Murder Case”:

It was on postcards and paintings, on the screen on travel shows or news shows, on t-shirts, bags, stickers, and graffiti, and in every textbook on the section about the First Ring. Even you didn’t know its name, you would have seen it somewhere. No one could miss the big wall with the big dome. If you were rich enough to own a CREAMER—Capture Everything and Anything Mechanical Recorder—you could not miss the aerial view of the sparkling, crystal towers, and the reflective glass housing buildings.

It’s touristy.

The Second Ring is where the Hybrids live. A lot of fields, mostly wheat, and a lot of farmland.

But the Second Ring has the head quarters of the High Collection, the one ruling government of the entire Ring. Humans put it there because they thought they would live in the Second Ring, but then the Hybrids were like “hold on, we were here first” so the Humans decided to tuck their tails between their legs and stay in the First Ring.

Anyway, where the HC headquarters lay is the busiest city nicknamed the Buzz because of how many citizens walk around there. There’s a giant aquarium and many shops and malls. There’s a lake and many giant ponds.

Inspiration for HC headquarters and the villages/towns surrounding it

Hybrids can range from looking like animals with one Human body part, to Humans only having slight animal resemblances like a tail, scales, some fur here and there, greenish skin, double eyelids, or a few feathers on the arms, etc.

Asaves are the bird type and can’t fly, there’s some feline species (lion, tiger, black panther, leopard), there’s some other carnivorous species (fox, dog, arctic bear and brown bear), and some reptile species (frog, lizard, alligator).

1 Like

Ah cool.

And no. Sadly.

It shows the decline of the race. Eventually, like the bipedal lionkind, Kattalunae will also go extinct, but thanks to events in Pinti’s story, it would be a long time before that happens.

No, that’s too sci-fi for me XD

lol, okay XD

So, some people can actually get into the nebula? Is this normal or is this because of something to do with Skye?

That sounds like a major undertaking. Probably a major boss battle. Some awful betrayals. Some clashes of goals. Maybe some ghost deaths. Could be something that could rattle the entire land of After and just change everything by the end for the better…or the worse.

Do you have an idea if you will make it a happy ending, bad ending, or ambiguous-make-the-reader-think ending?

Haven’t even read the story and I already like Crow XD

I, too, have characters I regret ending :pleading_face: But it had to happen.

Poor guy XD
He’s stuck with you as his writer.

While, like, eternity? XD

So, do ghosts sleep?

Also, to clarify, After is a realm or a city? If a city, what is the realm called and what other cities are there?

I must’ve missed this. There’s oceans? Where? Near After?

Scientists have sent probes into it and the probes never return. Scientists don’t know this, but it’s actually a portal :stuck_out_tongue: Someone has returned, but usually no one can as if it is a one-way portal.

There’s barricades around it indicating danger. Because be careful. Get too close and it can suck you in.

The biggest one is “Where do I come from and why do I have a pendant that used to have a moonstone in it?” She will semi-find out.

1 Like
More questions

Why only them? :eyes:

Ah, yes, that is part of it. Does the Lunar Goddess ever actually make things happen?

It’s really interesting that you show how it changes throughout the generations. Do you think there will ever be a point where people will start believing undoubtedly again? How does the semi-believing work? Are visions a normal thing for the Kattalunae and is it part of having lunar magic?

So, what could the royals do with all this power?

Shooting beams of light sounds very cool. Why cant Pinti do this? Is it part of the weakening Lunar Magic?

Google Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon. It’s extremely famous

Oh, yah, astronomy 101. One side of the moon always faces away from the Earth. Not called the Dark Side because it doesn’t receive sunlight (because it does) but we just don’t know all that much about it. (I only read the title before typing that but it turns out the wiki page says the exact same thing omg :rofl:). It really is an interesting aspect for mythology in stories.

Thankie. It’s actually very common for any sort of moon-related magic to have a light and dark side because of how we view the moon :sweat_smile:

Oooooo very very cool. Does that mean the Ilvagi worship Skaavandil or that they created them? Do any beings worship the dark side of the moon?

Most people go down the “twins” road if you’re looking for ideas :eyes:

Sounds like you have a lot of room to do some cool stuff

Sounds like it definitely needs a story :eyes:

Guessing there’s a reason this hasn’t been done :eyes:

Why don’t they like going elsewhere?

Honestly, this sums it up really well :joy: It also sounds pretty

Huh, the Humans actually did something smart. Go figure ;-;

Sounds and looks very cool. Love the inspo images :heart_eyes:

Wowie sounds like you have a lot of room for a lot of interesting mixes. Can there also be animal mixes for the ones that have parts of two different humanoid animal species? And why can’t the Asaves fly?

More answers

I haven’t fully decided but I’d go with individual. Different people have different tolerances for different things so it would make the most sense :thinking: Kayla can stay out for a pretty long time but some of her workmates need swim breaks pretty often. Honestly, this is something I gloss over :joy:

Explorers and Astronomers of Nox, the capital planet in U.F.W.

I have no idea because I honestly haven’t thought of it :joy: I’ll probably make up some bs about how the name changed over time from something a little more complex as language changed and developed. But for most of them I’ll say something like we’re using the Nox names.

Depends on how you define “biggest”. Of the Six Cities, Lapide and Kiloqua are the most populated because they’re on the Continent. The tallest is Iraliya in part because it’s a floating city and in part because it’s mostly skyscrapers. The other three (Voliabyi, Ariuma, and Subreai) are less inhabited but do have some tourism and educational visitors

Because I mostly do Lapide, let’s go with that one. One of the Six Cities and City of Light, right on the northern coast of the Continent. Most people go there to hit the beach and check out the Temple. Lapide is also Amneris’ (the Queen’s) main public residence so it’s a good place to meet her and her Court. There’s also a lot of shops and stuff to look at, tours out to some of the closer islands, cruises, visits to Academy Island.

The other cities have their own reasons as well :thinking:

The oceans of Earth are blue because of how light goes through chemicals in the atmosphere and the ocean. Same deal for the oceans of Terpola. Because of the chemical makeup of the atmosphere and the ocean, light filtering through makes it look those colours.

Most recently: "Queenie is an overpowered b-ch with anger issues but she is a good person only trying to do what’s best for her people.” And herself.

I have some stuff from the spinoff that isn’t Jay’s dialogue but he does things like:

• helping Advise the Queen
  • looking after Hathor
  • teaching combat, magic and history classes at the Academy
  • basically the King of Book Research
  • has a lot of contacts across Creation
  • was part of the Fae-Human Equality movement on his homeworld (didn’t really go well ;-; )
  • training the Younglings
  • getting people to sympathise with Amneris
  • kicking Amneris’ butt as necessary
  • helping Hathor with her homework
  • explaining things in simple terms to visitors (this one is probably one of my favourite bits of dialogue for him actually)
Tear In The Megaverse - Chapter 1

Xix nodded and continued. “The only record of someone returning from the Void is in what we call the Chronicles. It’s basically our mythological stories. There is a lot of debate over whether or not anything in them is true and since the Gods refuse to say one way or the other, there probably always will be. Anyway, there is one story about a woman called Amneris—”

“Not me,” Amneris interrupted. “Just so’s we’re clear. Different lady. Well before my time.”

“As I was saying,” Xix said, “according to the story, Amneris went to the Void through a tear in Creation. She said how she came across other beings and worlds there, and how the laws of Creation were broken in pretty much every way you can and can’t think of. The place goes against everything we know and is very difficult to survive.

“The stories claim Amneris was the first one to discover the Void Beasts’ origin as anti-matter beings. It also says how they take on a proper physical form in the Void, something which can’t be done in Creation due to exotic particles. Though the thing that I personally found most interesting is how several worlds which were recorded as ‘missing’ or ‘lost’ after Void Beast attacks were found in the Void itself. Unfortunately, there’s no way to determine whether or not any of this is true.”

“I understood maybe half of what you said,” Homa muttered.

Jay rolled his eyes. “The VBs can only take on physical form in the Void. You can’t see them in Creation unless you’re from either Lyriumia or Terpola. While in Creation, they om nom everything they get their slimy tentacles on and possibly shit it out in one piece in the Void. We don’t know for sure because it’s in a book of basically bedtime stories for kids.”

Really he’s just a nice dude with a bit of a sarcastic streak who is protective of those under his care and is willing to try and see the best in people and help others while also being kind of a d-k but in a good way

Pretty much

Currently, because she’s on Lyriumia and a student at the Academy, Imogene uses protective spells/crystals to keep her safe from water. She can go out in the rain (she just gets a bit steamy) but so long as she isn’t submerged, she’s usually fine

Hot foods, fire-based foods (she loves Fire Tea). As for clothes, Lyriumia has a lot of fire-proof fabrics for her to chose from (there’s a lot of different species with a lot of different requirements). She’s a shopping maniac and wants to be a designer after graduation. Mostly wears either dresses or crop tops and pants.

Her body is made of fire but it looks like glowing skin. Her hair is fire.

Artbreeder of Imogene

Yes but I’d have to check the emotion that goes with. I think it’s excitement or generally being fired up (pun intended)

Yes all the elements. Here’s a list in order:

• Ember (home to the Firebringers) - fire
  • Quarra (home to the Zura) - earth
  • Tipu (home to the Plyna) - plant
  • Mesie (don’t have a name for these guys yet) - water
  • Eurus (home to the Desi) - air
  • Gelida (home to the Glacis) - ice/snow

Yup. Also own the puns :partying_face:

They’re roommates with Hathor, Troy, Sky and Imogene at the Academy. They’re also totally not in love

Hmm what started the Forgotten War? Welp, it’s called the Forgotten War for a reason. It’s been going on for so long that no one knows :joy: It’s been billions of years.

Theories include:

• Vivus started it to keep light and darkness in balance
  • Naiu and Naka had a fight
  • The Banishment
  • Lyriumians and Terpolites begun questioning their roles
  • Previous rulers of the long-since-lost nations
  • The Beast’s power

Something like that :joy: Some of the Zelvin nations are pro-Fae/anti-Human, some are anti-Fae/pro-Human, some really don’t care either way and some are pro-both. Really it depends on the nation

Dreama = Dream magic
Metsunox = Nightmare magic

Let’s just say this is one of the cases where opposites don’t attract. There was also the incident of their original homeworld being destroyed and both sides blaming each other for it happening despite the fact no one actually knows what happened. Now they both live on the same world (again) but are separated by a massive chasm cutting right through the middle of their mainland

The Cor’ei are known as “World Walkers”. Aside from Lyriumians and Terpolites, they can walk through the Walls of the Worlds into different universes, multiverses, dimensions. Certain Lower Being species coughhumanscough decided they wanted this power so they started capturing Cor’ei and experimenting on them. When they found they couldn’t understand this power and that it couldn’t be them, they started wiping out all the Cor’ei. This was a Creation-wide incident which later became called “the Purge”. No one knows exactly who started it because it was such a big thing but it’s rumoured it was one of the past Terpolite Rulers. But that’s just speculation, of course. Anyway, the Cor’ei were already a small species because it’s hard for them to reproduce so now there’s only a few hundred left in all Creation. Some escaped, some went into hiding, some were saved. Now, because there are so few, a lot of people don’t think the Cor’ei exist. It happened a long time ago but it was a major enough incident that the Vivundai actually came to the Lower Planes and both the Lyriumians and Terpolites had to step in to stop it.

1 Like
Answers!

They have met her in the Guardian’s realm. Think of it as like limbo.

Nope. People just think she does.

Thanks, and no, probably not because now they’ve been subject to the most awful things they believed wouldn’t have happened if the Lunar Goddess was actually protecting them. The semi-believing is where they believe lunar magick comes from the goddess. So, doesn’t that mean the goddess is real? But the goddess is supposed to protect them. She hasn’t. So, maybe there is no Lunar Goddess??? Sing, “con-tra-dic-tions yay” :grinning:

Visions are normal for clan leaders. It’s part of Kattalunae magick. The ones their race was born with. I figured this out yesterday and today XD So, the two things Kattalunae can still do with their species-specific magick is submission attack and vision reception. They are receptive to visions because of their species’ natural mindfulness and being able to lucid dream more compared to other species.

Make swords made of light, shields of moonlight, beams of light (like lasers) to burn enemies, cocoon non-magical animals inside protective domes to make them hard to kill (the animals are controlled using Kattalunae nature magick), 100% heal anything, and slow aging (this applies to any magical creature in Elgana. Strong magick makes the user age slowly after puberty, or after they receive the magick.)

The biggest thing is lunar magick is the only magick that can destroy shadow magick. So, the royals were the only ones that could kill the Ilvagis, the shapeshifting shadow beasts. Nothing else can kill the beasts.

Not weakening. Weakened. When you are born with magick, you’re not born with the full deal. You develop it overtime until you meet your personal limit. Magick is a muscle, after all. Pinti’s father only knew how to use it for healing and just basic healing/potion-making at that. So, she could have developed it, but she didn’t because he didn’t know. And she didn’t know her magick is the way it is because of him. And he doesn’t know either.

Nobody knows anything XD

Naturally, Pinti thinks she needs the moonstone to be able to do what the royals could. The moonstone does enhance lunar magick because it’s also connected with the goddess. Not a necessary item. The royals didn’t have it for a long time and they were fine.

You’d really think the goddess is more than a magical rock if it seems to do a lot of things, but it really isn’t so much more than a magical rock :sweat_smile:

Thanks! And nope. No worshipping. Mostly people fear the dark side. And the Ilvagis only follow their king. No one else.

In fact, Skaavandil is hidden from a lot of lore. All that is mentioned is that she’s the counterpart (and possibly wife or lover or partner) of Aurvandil (but they are like reluctant partners. They rarely see each other though which contributes to the distance in their relationship).

Guardians are supposed to be hidden and unknown. Skaavandil is doing her duty right. Aurvandil makes himself known a little bit more than he should because, well, to be honest, he likes the attention. Over the centuries, he’s gotten better at sacrificing his ego in favor of keeping the planet in shape :stuck_out_tongue:

I imagine Skaavandil turning her nose up at Aurvandil’s antics XD

ah, thanks, but no, they’re not related, as mentioned above :wink:

Oh yes, I’m excited to work on an Underside story. I have a few ideas.

They are infatuated with their cities. Also, they don’t exactly get long with other races, but other races do live in and visit the First Ring often, so it’s not like the races don’t mingle. It hasn’t been that long since the last peace treaty.

lol, thanks XD

Mixes cannot be born. The parents cannot conceive or the babies die in the womb.

That way I can avoid having any weird things :stuck_out_tongue: Science. It doesn’t work. There. No chimeras XD

Asaves lost the genetic ability to fly. It’s biology. They didn’t need to fly anymore using a lot of on-the-ground transportation. (also, a little bit magick-related but that is underdeveloped, don’t ask XD )

My story isn’t sci-fi, but I did think about evolution :wink:

Did you want to hear about the Third Ring? Or skip that one because it’s the Kattalunae’s Ring?

I shall respond to your answers later :wink:

1 Like