Vlogging on YouTube?

Idk if this contributes to conversation, but I found a simple screen recorder today and recorded myself talking because I had a thing I wanted to talk out and hopefully get responses. I’m not planning on making a channel of videos where I chat about things but now I have one video up :stuck_out_tongue: I know I can always do more.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is that I just did the thing before having any second thoughts. Create and post. Took a bit making the thumbnail though because I’m not showing my face. It’s just my profile pic :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you should just make one and see where it takes you. You might not do it in one take or not even post the first one you make (that rhymed) but then you’ll get a sense of how to improve or change things up.

So, first you get what you think you need, do what you think you gotta do, make a video you wanna make, then see what the final results turned out to be, and then decide if you will post it or not. Then you can change things if it didn’t work out.

2 Likes

Yeah, everyone should read the village crazy lady.

No, but seriously, same emotions, very different presentation.

1 Like

LOL!

Are you saying make a short vid then post it on YouTube as a way of getting a feel for it then see where it takes me next?

I could do that. I just need tripods and for the videos I want to make would suck if I am holding it by hand if I need to.

Maybe if I have it only focus on me in my bedroom (my messy, dirty bedroom that I WILL NOT reveal to the world…yet) trying to get some writing done but then fails because of my ADHD happening.

I have a terrible habit of leaving my room and getting distracted by something.

1 Like

No. Don’t post it at all. Unless you like it.

1 Like

Like @Akje said, you could show that happening and explain what’s going on either by speaking or later in captions during editing.

2 Likes

Ah, so just take a video, don’t edit it (or do edit it) then look at it to see if it is to my liking and worthy of revealing to others?

I could do that too.

1 Like

Ah, I could pull that off, when my mother isn’t home.
I live with someone and I don’t want that someone to be in my vids.

Love my mom, but I rather not put her out there without her permission.

1 Like

Exactly :blush:

Then if you feel like you could have done this or that, you could do it (as many times as you like) and in the end, post a version you feel the most happy with.

1 Like

Awesome.
Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Anyone else or not yet???