Voting for Coloring Book Pages

I’ve been getting into physical coloring books again since they help combat depression and anxiety. I’ll be setting up polls for everyone to vote what page I’ll color for the week.

Finished pages will be posted in my personal thread. I might even post some art I’ve drawn myself in that thread in the future too.

12 Likes

Week of November 16 choices

10 Likes

Refer to Post #2 for the pages.

Selection of Coloring Book Page
  • Option 1
  • Option 2

0 voters

5 Likes

Oh no, that’s ok! Thank you though!

3 Likes

Ok :see_no_evil: I’ll delete mine, then, sorry :sweat_smile:
But can I just say - this is such a cool idea for a personal thread! I can’t wait to see what your colourings will look like, the book looks amazing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

No worries! I appreciate your help! And thank you! I’ve been in a bit of a rut with what to draw and coloring always helps me forget the craziness in the world for a few hours :smile:

I’m crossing my fingers that I get the next one before I finish this one XD

4 Likes

Hehe. I got a swearwords colouring book for my birthday a few years ago :joy: It was definitely…therapeutic, haha. Yours seems like it needs a lot of patience, though! Allll the tiny details. How long does a page usually take you?

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of such a coloring book but I guess anything exists out there!

As for how long it takes, it really depends. The only page I have posted in the personal thread took 2.5 hours. It took a long time to go over the branches XD

But I imagine the ones for this coming week’s poll might take at least half a day because of all the small details. It’s kind of like embroidering, it takes one tiny line at a time.

5 Likes

It featured big, bold swearwords flourished with various patterns :joy: I’m far from an artsy person, though, so the colouring was pretty basic, haha. Now I’m kinda craving a colouring book of my own, lol.

Yeah, no, ain’t nobody got time for that! :joy: But mad props to you, I genuinely admire the dedication :+1: I shall lurk and enjoy the end results :eyes:

4 Likes

You should check out Amazon! They have a lot of different coloring books for adults. I think I saw a couple that focused on mythical creatures so they’re very elaborate.

I welcome lurking :rofl:

3 Likes

I like the circles o.o

I like that colouring book in general. It’s awesome

4 Likes

Thanks! I also liked the circles :rofl:

3 Likes

If only I had your dedication. Even if I manage to finish a drawing, I never do more than a few pages of a colouring book

5 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t be able to do it every day. I wouldn’t be able to get any writing done! It’s kind of a nice break in-between NaNo writing sessions.

2 Likes

Mm, that makes sense. You definitely need something to wind down and relax with during something like nano

2 Likes

It’s also good when I’m procrastinating on my homework assignment. I REALLY don’t want to work on my 10-page lit review :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

At least get that outline done. Then you can draw. Come on, you can do it, you know you can

3 Likes

use a color pencil…it helps and make everything look shiny. And if you know how to smudge different colors to get nice effects, then the image will even look real depending on how acute the coloring will be.

2 Likes

Thanks! I actually am using color pencil. Because this is just for fun, I’m not doing anything too technical. Just outlining and coloring :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love to color. I just don’t get time for it anymore. I wish I had your level dedication when it comes to writing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes