Wanna do something funny and fun?!

Explain a well-known novel poorly and guess which one it is?!
NOTE: This is not geared to Wattpad or something, but rather the books you find in bookstores, libraries, and more.

My Turn:

A boy with a scar on his forehead learns he has magical powers and goes to some fancy smancy school for people like him.

Welp, I tried! Now, is your turn!

4 Likes

That’s either Harry Potter, or phrased to bait me into thinking it’s HP when it isn’t. :thinking: In which case I have no idea.

I love the ‘explain this poorly’ game though, there’s something glorious about taking something so non-seriously that it makes it sound hilarious. Here, for the book series I’ve been reading lately:

A stubborn orphan girl chugs hazardous materials for ‘luck’ and yeets herself around town in the middle of the god damned night while everyone is trying to sleep. For fun, she throws a depressed old man’s life support out a window. She then proceeds to woo the aggressive bookworm of her dreams by stabbing his fiancé while running around in her underwear, cutting his dad in half, sacrificing her own dog, and ditching him to bleed to death while she takes a bath, then makes it better by force-feeding him the hazardous materials she’s addicted to. He’s fine, he walks it off.

2 Likes

Damn, dude, I am stumped by this one! What the hell is this even supposed to be?
LMAO!

Yeah, you’re right it is Harry Potter!

2 Likes

Mistborn. The Final Empire, and The Well Of Ascension.

It makes sense in context, I swear. xD

2 Likes

Holy shit! I would have never guessed that! You’re good!
:rofl:

2 Likes

Three ghosts team up to convince some guy that he’s a dick.

5 Likes

Is that the Christmas Carol?

4 Likes

Yeah. The funny part is they succeed, but it’s supposed to be all heartwarming and stuff.

4 Likes

This one should be easy.

Some dumbass gets stranded on an island and thinks he’s real clever for eating plants and animals for 30 years instead of building a boat to escape. When other people finally show up, he convinces himself that he’s actually happy there just so he won’t feel like he wasted three decades for nothing.

5 Likes

Extremely divorced man solves crimes and does some brand loyalty

4 Likes

Japanese man becomes a skeleton wizard and decides to take over the world

1 Like

Let me guess…Overlord.

1 Like

A destitute student on a power trip wields axe with questionable success. Ends up marring a fallen yet pure woman.

2 Likes

Three kids go into a closet. They meet talking animals, have sibling rivalry, and try to save the day with a RAWR. Not to mention, a pale lady with a crown is trying to be all like “the cold never bothered me anyway”.

4 Likes

That’s gotta be The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe.

Here’s one:

Kid is really good at playing strategy games. He has no idea his games are an act of war. By the time he finds out, it’s too late and he has committed genocide on an entire planet and Feels Bad™.

5 Likes

You got it :wink:

1 Like

I might be wrong because I haven’t read this book in YEARS…

Robinson Crusoe?

2 Likes

Wargames?

1 Like

A girl decides to play a deadly survival game in place of her younger sister also while trying to change the country.

Try this one!

2 Likes

Hunger Games

2 Likes