Wattpad Dreams for 2022

I don’t really have dreams. The idea of being popular enough to have a following weirds me out a hair. I’m still going to work for it, but damn, dunno.

4 Likes

I should be able to finish this current draft and post it for feedback, I’m in the last 15-25% or so. That’s my only goal. It won’t be ready for the Watty’s but I might submit it just to practice writing a summary like that and to connect with other Watty’s contestants. But really I use the platform as a tool, my main goal is to just finally, after starting over and over again, rewriting, planning, and writing every day for three years, get to the end of this goddamn story.

Then that’s when the real work will begin, and I can start over and rewrite it all from the top.

3 Likes

Finish my sequel and publish! I’ve encountered massive writer’s block with it and I think I’ve been putting it off too much.

I also hope to get on Editor’s Choice with my novella! I’m one step closer to that because I got featured kind of recently. Really hoping to score the Editor’s Choice!

4 Likes

My 2022 dream is growing my second account (the one for horror, mystery, psychological-thriller works)

I would say:

1. My biblical horror book (reposted) : Gains 3k views
  2. My short story: passes 500 views mark
  3. Post a new story that has been in my head lately, and tick it complete before Halloween :))

Yes. Those are my WP BIG DREAM for 2022

5 Likes
  • Finally finish OSWaJS after 2 years of writing it (well, 2 years once May 2022 hits)

• Have said story reach 3k reads

• Start writing at least 1 new story or continue the YA fantasy novella that’s on hiatus. The new ones that have been circling in my head lately are a fanfic, a paranormal/mystery story, and another high fantasy novel (not an OSWaJS sequel btw).

• Participate in the ONC? Had a lot of fun this year, even if I didn’t make it very far. If any of the English or Spanish prompts catch my eye, I could go for it.

5 Likes

Saw Tori talking about here, so may as well pop up here xD

— For The Dragon’s Scale to hit 100k (I can dream, okay? XD)

— For my community account to continue to prosper

— Finish another book

— Get more Patreons (again, I can dream)

— Reach 4k or 5k followers on either of my accounts (Cross-Warrior or DreamlandCommunity… More likely for the latter though xD)

— Maybe actually do the ONC this year?

6 Likes

I’m hoping for 30k too! We can do it! : )

3 Likes

You and I have pretty similar dreams! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I agree! Wattpad is no fun if you’re not actually getting new readers xD. I mean, it’s great and all to write for your own happiness… But whenever you post something online, you must want it to be noticed, you know?

3 Likes

HAHAHA same though :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

That’s a great goal and the upside is that these things are totally within your control!

1 Like

@Kamiccola I don’t know the first thing about querying to agents but it sounds like a great achievement to have a novel that you wouldn’t mind professionals seeing. I’ve never done ONC. I’ve heard of it. Vaguely. Could you tell me what it’s about?

@shutupsin Wow! That’s amazing. 500k and 1m are numbers that I don’t ever dream of seeing. So woohoo! You’re acing it already. I can totally understand how it feels to have a book you’re not very proud of reach milestones the newest ones are still far from. It’s very annoying.

@ToriHope Woah! 84k words! Big dreams! Book clubs have been awesome for me, honestly. Dreamland is pretty great, and from book clubs, you can get very diverse (people who specialize in different genres) opinions on what’s working well and what’s not based on their reactions. I actually definitely read more on Wattpad this year than I did last year. But I’m hoping to read even more. There are so many great books there, honestly, and I feel like I’m missing out xD.

@RowanCarver Yeah, I can’t wait for King Eden to be finished so I can read it! But I didn’t use to understand why you cared about the reviews and critiques enough to keep rewriting until I got a “yikes” review that made me want to get rid of all of my stories and start from scratch xD. But either way, it’s definitely better and easier to rewrite a story once you actually have the entire story in front of you and know where it’s going.

@SVTSwrites Editor’s Picks is such a dream *cries*

@NatilladeCoco I think I’ll also try out the ONC this year and see how it goes. Hope to see you there!

5 Likes

You’re very close to 100k! I think you could definitely reach that (fingers crossed) and Dreamland is doing so well!

2 Likes

May your dreams come true!

Well, my next read goal is 250K reads on any book. I would trade it for a steady 50 to 100 views a day on all of my books in a blink.

I would also love to finish Lone Werewolf, get Editor’s Picks for it, and, maybe shortlist with it?

I want to get through all rounds of ONC this year!

My goal independently of the time of year is to write a book that would explode in reads.

3 Likes

Hmmm, I’d love to see Bearheart hit 75K reads next year! Considering its natural growth patterns, that wouldn’t be too far out of the realm of possibility.

(Obviously, I’d also love to see more :joy: But after the last few years, I won’t place too much hope in getting featured)

3 Likes

ONC is an ambassador-run writing contest. They give you prompts (last year there were about 80 to choose from), and in a period of 13 weeks, you try to write a novella (20-40k words) that’s inspired by one of the prompts.

It’s a cool contest because it comes with great community engagement.

3 Likes

It’s possible, but I’m not keeping my hopes up xD

2 Likes

@Kamiccola @DomiSotto When you move through the rounds (in ONC), is it all about word count and not about the content? Are they judging it as you go?

@Cross-Warrior That’s fair, honestly. Nothing is more destructive than hope. Yikes (2020 flashbacks)!

1 Like

Yeah, hope. stabs it Who needs it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I hear you! 75k reads is a pretty cool milestone, actually! I’m quietly hoping for 50k over here. I’m halfway-ish there.

2 Likes