Wattpad Dreams for 2022

What are your dreams for the next year?

My dreams this year were to become a star, be featured on Editor’s Picks, and win a Watty (yikes!)
Who said I couldn’t dream big??

Welp, I think I’m going to be a little more reasonable next year and just shoot for 20k on my newest book.

Come share your big and small dreams here!

8 Likes

If Wattpad growth is exponential, I’m projected for about 275K reads by the end of the next year. I think that’s a bit unlikely, but I’d settle for doubling my current view count.

6 Likes

My main dream is to finish my current project (Blood Will Tell) by next year! Only about 80,000 words to go :joy:

My not-so-big dream is to have two stories at 2K reads. One of my stories has 2K right now, another is very close to 2K, and I have one story at 1.4K (I’m still surprised that people are reading it). Just hoping to get more views.

Another not-so-big dream is to crack 200 votes. So far my record is 167, and frankly I’m not sure if I’ll ever top that :sweat_smile:

My big dream is to have one of my poetry collections featured by the poetry genre profile. I mean, I’ve only started writing poetry more seriously six months ago, but I can always dream :sweat_smile:

My bonus dream is to submit a story to the Wattys. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to finish my current project before the deadline :sweat_smile: and if it happens to get something, then that’s a bigger bonus! :grin:

My other bonus dream is to have my current project featured on Editor’s Choice, because looking at it, it might have the biggest chance out of all the stories I’ve written :sweat_smile: I wouldn’t call it good, but it can’t hurt to try, right? >.<

8 Likes

If only growth was exponential!! To be fair, even just 100k sounds fantastic to me… and unreachable.

3 Likes

Ooh, writing 80k words is totally doable xD. But completing a book sounds like a wonderful project.

Submitting a story to the Wattys is definitely an achievement in itself, you’re right! Good luck with Editor’s Picks too! It definitely can’t hurt to try!

4 Likes

I’m low-key shooting for Editor’s Picks too, but I won’t admit it to myself so that I’m not disappointed xD

4 Likes

Yup, it’s doable! I’ve managed to finish writing a book that’s a little more than 100K this year, within eight months, so I think I can do it again. Although I have college and need to procrastinate way less this time so :sweat_smile: There’s hardly anything more satisfying than hitting the “complete” toggle :relieved:

Thanks! Good luck with Editor’s Picks for you too! :smiley:

5 Likes

Agreed! I finished one last year and a new one this year (thanks to NaNoWriMo). Hitting “complete” is so satisfying!

4 Likes

I would love to finish two books and maybe rewrite a few as well.

4 Likes

I only have one book posted on Wattpad and don’t intend to post anything else since I’m selling my work now, but it would be nice to get more reads on that one book. It could never be a paid story since it’s way too short; it could never be featured since it’s not entirely safe for thirteen-year-olds. But every read must be organic since I never do R4Rs or anything, and I never advertise anywhere since I don’t really know how to use social media. I don’t know how it gets more reads with the Wattpad search engine working the way it does, but I sure hope the reads keep coming. It would be so nice to hit 30k! (ღ˘ᴗ˘ღ)

4 Likes

I have plenty of writing dreams but as far as Wattpad my only thing is that I need to get the sample of my latest book posted. So not exactly a big dream :joy:

5 Likes

I’m hoping for comments, clout and hype.

5 Likes

My wp dreams have been on a loop for a year :joy: anyways, here we gooo

• complete Death’s Façade and submit it to the Wattys (hopefully win in the process :eyes:)
  • an Editor’s Picks and officil reading list feature
  • become a star :sweat_smile:
  • join ONC and hopefully get short-listed, at least
4 Likes

I admire that :laughing:

This year, I only wanted to finish writing a book. For next year, I’m still hoping to complete that XD
Also, I’d like to be noticed by other readers out there. It’s so boring without that.

5 Likes

To win a Watty. I’ve been telling my sister I’m willing to sacrifice her if it meant a chance at winnings the Wattys. I crave that exposure :joy:
I just have to finish the book I want to submit

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ll have anything to submit to next year’s Wattys. My goal to to finish the third book in my current series and then edit all of my finished stories and make them as polished as possible.

Also just want to get more involved in Wattpad-based discord servers. I like meet new wattpad writers~

4 Likes

Finish tons of my unpublished/unfinished books, become a better writer, and actually have people read my stories

4 Likes

I don’t have any Wattpad-specific dreams.

For writing dreams, I’d love to finish ALL of my WIPs but that’s not realistic.
I haven’t set my goal for 2022 yet. I think finishing Of Love and Death is the most realistic. If I can finish it before September, I could submit it for Wattys. Possibly. We’ll see. Or I’ll take it down and start pitching to agents.
I’ll most likely take part in ONC again and this time my goal will be to keep it as a novella. Please… don’t go over 20k. I can’t handle any more big projects. I’ve got enough of those.
I’d also love to finish editing The NOOM book 1 and 2 to get them off my plate.

All of that feels doable within a year but each of those projects has its own challenges and time does fly.

4 Likes
  • for my two recent completed books to reach 500k reads by the middle of next year (my first book, the one i hate the most, reached 1 million and it makes me upset tbh so i hope my other two can get the same attention)
  • complete my current wip
  • start the spin-offs my readers are waiting for haha… i really need to start them omg T^T
  • maybe apply to become a star… idk

i may add more stuff that come to mind

5 Likes

My Wattpad dream for 2022 will be to finish the book I started in December—estimating it to be around 90k words, and I currently have 6k.

It’d also be nice to get the first arc of Steady Ground revised enough to use it in a book club or two, and to maybe get another reader or two to make it to the end. So far I have had 3 readers survive :joy: so I think it’s a reasonable hope. I’ve never done a book club before, so I don’t really know what to expect from it.

And my last goal is to get back into reading on Wattpad. I’ve been so bad about it since I graduated high school :joy: besides reading my friend KurokageJS’s books, I haven’t touched anything.

Edit:

Actually, I might try to do a critiquing service again too. Those are fun sometimes :smiley: and I don’t think I did one this year.

4 Likes