We're Looking for Moderators!

Can’t wait to review your application! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! I just finished and done submitting my application! :smile:

When will we come to know the results? :smiley:

1 Like

We are taking a few days to give everyone interested time to apply, and then we’ll start reaching out to applicants who we think will be a good fit. :heart:

But we will, of course, let everyone know whether or not we want to move forward with their application so nobody is left hanging. :heart:

4 Likes

I know I’m still new here, but feel free to count me in for any help! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: we just want all users to have a safe and fun experience so we all need to hold each other accountable to make this a great place to hangout!

3 Likes

So I was rechecking the requirements and…

(Emphasis on the at least part)

How much available slot for the mods of the forum anyway?

Just wondering, because I thought that discourse have limits for mods position?

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of, but if you’ve seen that documented somewhere, I’d love it if you could send it to me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I seen it on the discourse’s pricing page

It said numbers on allowed staff members there… :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that too and that had me thinking.

Wattpad had 30 mods. Just what kind of pricing plan did they have? o.o

2 Likes

Does that means they used the enterprise package… :open_mouth:

1 Like

They are a multi-million company, after all

1 Like

ahhhh but see, that’s for Discourse managed forums. I self-installed it on my own server so Discourse doesn’t admin it for me. :smirk: I get to set all the limits because I manage it completely myself.

Discourse is technically a free service IF you know how to install it and manage it on your own server. Everything is available for download and install. The pricing packages they offer are for if you want them to do an installation for you and help you manage it, which we didn’t.

So a lot of that doesn’t apply to us, which is also why we have a lot more control over what we can and can’t do on this forum.

9 Likes

I already seen one animated emoji and I love it… :joy:

1 Like

Oh. Oh no. Please let there be an option to disable animated emojis on the user end so that they look like a still-frame to whoever disables them

2 Likes

Uh oh, do you have a concern over the animated ones?

4 Likes

Yeah :sweat_smile: I’m hypersensitive, meaning that my mind doesn’t really have a filter for any of my senses. On the internet, it hits hard in the form of GIFs, which can hurt my eyes and head. Animated profile pics, names, emojis, and anything else moving have similar effects

I usually turn of all animations and moving things in the programs and platforms I use to avoid the effects.

5 Likes

Dang that sucks… So it means that you can’t watch animated movies then? :thinking:

2 Likes

Oof! That’s good to know. I will make sure we have a way to do that if we implement them then.

3 Likes

The problem lays in the quality and how much it moves, generally. Animated movies are fine since the movements are fluid and the colours aren’t too bad. But GIFs are made specifically to be terrible in quality, and the internet loves flashy images

2 Likes