What are somethings that YouTubers do that bitterly annoys you?

I like Safiya. I like the way she says things.

I was talking about the overly excited copycats of overly excited nonsense.

4 Likes

Michelleā€™s beenā€¦I feel like she changed her video style. I stopped watching for her next uploads. She also does these ā€œchallengesā€ now. Theyā€™re not actually challenging (like that etiquette video where they didnā€™t seem to take it seriously) or she doesnā€™t even film her afterwards reactions much. I donā€™t mean to say she has to suffer every video. But I miss her old content like the ballet one or the chess one.

I get that it might have been hard to do challenges during the height of the pandemicā€¦ As a fellow watcher, thoughts?

3 Likes

The thing that also makes a bit bitter when it comes to AuthorTube is when they do WAY more talking than actually showing the audience that they are working on the story.

Like I donā€™t mind the YouTuber chatting about their books, but if itā€™s more talking than action and not a healthy balance of saying and doing, I canā€™t be bothered.

I honestly want a good balance of an writer chatting about their novels and showing the audience that they are actually writing the novel.

Maybe I am weird like thatā€¦

3 Likes

Same. :rofl:

Ah. Makes sense. :sweat_smile:

I actually like the Challenge Accepted series. :sweat_smile: Itā€™s like fun reality TV with it being actually real. A part of me wishes it would be a Netflix or Hulu series lol. But I definitely agree about that etiquette one. They not only joked around and didnā€™t take it seriously, but there wasnā€™t much of a point to it. I think it was just because of the pandemic, they didnā€™t have much to work with. Iā€™ve been waiting around for the butler school lol.

The after-reaction thing is another thing I agree on. I wish we could see more of what she thought of the experiment or whatnot after she did it all. A reason why I prefer Safiya moreā€”she goes way into depth in her videos. Heck, their two hour special for the Las Vegas hotels gave us everything, including a ranking of their favorites.

3 Likes

YES. Like I get itā€™s weird to have a camera pointed at you while writing and I get that itā€™s hard to juggle it all, but at least set something up so you can write for a moment. This is also why I prefer Kate Cavanaughā€™s videos because she does a blend of talking and showing us what sheā€™s working on. But Iā€™ve seen a lot of authors who just talk about how many words they got and what scene theyā€™re in and whatever. Like, you can do that but can you also show us you writing and thinking? :rofl:

2 Likes

Exactly. They make long ass videos about them discussing their novel. Thatā€™s great and all, but at least put in some action too.

3 Likes

I do like the Challenge Accepted series. I miss the old ones. I hope she can get back into some longer content.

Or she could try for a world record? Speaking of challengesā€¦ do you know Ali Spagnola? She does a lot of challenges. Michelle could work with her. That would be awesome.

I havenā€™t seen that one XD At the time, I wasnā€™t watching super-long content. But thatā€™s insane. I do like how Safiya goes all in. I donā€™t mind if the uploads donā€™t come right away. Quality over quantity.

Btw, your new profile pic, so pretty! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I wanna say everythingā€¦.

ā€¦ BUT I have one pet peeve that pisses me off more than anything.

Obviously FAKE OVER EXAGGERATED reactions to click bait titles.

I wanna slap people when they do that lol.

4 Likes

OOOH. A world record would be an amazing video!

And no, I havenā€™t heard of it. But Iā€™ll definitely look her up! c:

Haha right? xD When I saw they had a two hour special, I was ready for popcorn and cozying up. I also agree; while Iā€™m sad that they can take weeks or months to get an upload up, I do love how much time they put into their videos and how long they can be. Plus, I also watch Tylerā€™s content whenever he posts something and often, it has Safiya in it so youā€™re getting like two videos within a similar time frame which is cool lol.

Awh, thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

YESSSSSSSS

3 Likes

Another thing that makes me bitter a bit is that when it comes to room or desk makeover aesthetics is that it is getting copy and paste from the music to the things that people buy.

It is also females too. Like males canā€™t be aesthetic in their room and desk makeovers.

Can you still be aesthetic and your own person as well?

Another thing is that if it is not Ikea desk then it is some standing desk.

Anyone noticed that?

1 Like

Got a link? ĀÆ\_(ļ­¢)_/ĀÆ

1 Like

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a guy not have an aesthetically pleasing room or desk. From everyone Iā€™ve watched or seen, theyā€™re typically coated in nerdy objects or what have you. :sweat_smile:

But then Iā€™ve also known that many guys, mostly straight and or have dry personalities, donā€™t do much anyway when it comes to decorating. Itā€™s the stereotype of how a guy only needs a TV and a chair in the living room. Even if they had the money to spend, they think minimally.

I also havenā€™t noticed many who only use IKEA furniture or only standing desks. Iā€™ve seen a couple people with simple desks from Walmart or Target or some other place you get furniture.

In regards to decoration, I have noticed many writers using a laptop and a separate keyboard. Like, theyā€™ll prop the laptop up on some standing thing and then use a wireless keyboard to typeā€¦ why? xD

1 Like

Ergonomics. Back when I had a laptop, I did the same thing. The monitor should be high, the keyboard should be low to be comfortable. Looking down at a laptop screen is bad for your neck, and typing with your hands up high is bad for your wrists and arms. ĀÆ\_(ļ­¢)_/ĀÆ

1 Like

I do that sometimes. Personally, the laptopā€™s keyboard isnā€™t as large and there isnā€™t enough space.

Also, to have laptop at eye level is crucial too.

1 Like

That is interesting. Normally, I see people using desk from Ikea or some standing desk.

Ahā€¦you gotta love stereotypes, donā€™t ya?
:sweat_smile:

Sadlyā€¦no.

1 Like

Yup, exactly.

1 Like

Highly recommend the ones where she mashes up music (sheā€™s so talented) and recommend you follow the videos of her car journey where she turns her car into various things. Also her chia pet journey and thereā€™s one where she made an american flag out of starbucks cards and one out of peeps.