What do you like about Wacky?

WattPad and I had some up on Wacky, keep some stats up on NaNo, now but as big as they are, they are just dead 90% of the time.

2 Likes

lol, I know :stuck_out_tongue: Just hadn’t been able to figure out how. Wacky has an IG account, right? Or wisp does?

3 Likes

Definitely will be using that :wink:

2 Likes

Wispstagram!

3 Likes

That’s a tongue twister for me XD

Wipstagram

Wispistagram

hmm lol

1 Like

Yeah, I had to check back that I was spelling it right. XD

1 Like

I’m ammeyers20 on IG, so you can use my name if you’d like.

Right around the time Wattpad’s forums closed, someone messaged me on Wattpad (I think—it was either a message or a comment with my name tagged) to say that another forum existed, and that I’d be interested. c:

1. How you can talk to other writers. Being a writer is often lonely because many don’t have other writerly people in their lives, so this brings a connection.
  2. You can get advice on your work, whether for a few paragraphs or a whole chapter. You can also find people to bounce ideas off of, help your story strengthen, etc.
  3. It’s a great way to meet people and find connection beyond writing and reading. I find that we talk more about random life stuff rather than reading and writing lol.
  4. There’s not many forums out there for writers. I only know of NaNoWriMo’s, but otherwise, a lot of Facebook groups are dead and the only other places to talk to writers or talk about writing and reading is through social media (YouTube, TikTok, etc.) It’s great to have a place to do that without a camera.
  5. People here are chill. No one really fights or anything, and sure, we may have heated topics (and sometimes, I’ll start them because I’m dumb lol) but no one fights or argues to the point of having to close a thread. And if it happens, I haven’t seen it. :flushed:

Besides of all the reasons I gave? Because it’s a place to talk to other writers. It’s a place to escape to when you want to talk about something random, or reading, or writing.

Well, for the most part, I share my stories through Wattpad, but my recent novel that I’m still working on won’t be on there as I hope to query it in the near future. But I share snippets of it through Wacky Writers mostly. I’ve done bits and pieces to the NaNoWriMo forums, but mostly here.

3 Likes

Recommended by other Wattpad users

Similarities to old Wattpad Forums, able to promote books, personal channels (sometimes it’s just fun to have one), interaction with other writers, fun and interesting conversations, making new friends

It’s fun and friendly

Mostly Wattpad
Published on Amazon
Also got Inkitt, Royal Road and Scribble Hub

4 Likes

Now just Wattpad, but I’ve been on Tapas before and also have an Inkitt account.

2 Likes

It’s happened, we’re just that good :rofl: lol jk jk

2 Likes

Well then… :sweat_smile: Right on for being amazing and making it non-existent lol. :wink:

3 Likes

To be completely honest, it really has happened before (and we weren’t always as quick as we would have liked), but it hasn’t been happening lately. There is one upside to activity dwindling, I suppose :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I remember a few that happened. One which was on a topic I created, I think, maybe on autism or sexuality or something like that. But we all ended in a civil, nice manner and came to an understanding :blush:

2 Likes

Good answers everyone! These will be the voices of Wacky, btw. Hopefully more people will join then :wink:

2 Likes