What do you love about your story?

It’s a feel-good thread.

I’m going to reply here later.

But what do you love about your story? It can be the one you’re working on now or one you have finished…any story of yours’. You can talk about all your stories, too.

You can gush.

5 Likes

About my old book from 2021. I adore the word count and the characters. I loved using mythological creatures in my book and describing them it was just so exciting to write every day in summer!!!

1 Like

I like how things are going so far.
It’s pretty interesting and there’s still room to explore everything and everyone.

I am loving and enjoying the awesome ride!

2 Likes

I just finished The King’s Three Sons.

It’s got a intellectual flare (because they are thinking things through at various points and I make a couple observations along the way).

It’s funny. (Got the husband to laugh a few times.)

It’s not a happily ever after, although it is a “Life goes on”. This is a better balance than is typical: no marshmallow ending, but no ripping the reader off by destroying everything.

3 Likes

I love that I can add almost any crazy thing I want to to my current project and it’ll still work. It’s a fun series that I can really get nuts with. The characters are also really fun and I like their chemistry together.

3 Likes

I’d never written a book where the main character is such a hot mess before, but I think this came out pretty good. ☆*゚・\(=^ᴗ^)/・゚*☆

3 Likes

That it’s mine to do with as I will.

Otherwise, I like the atmosphere/setting I’ve created. I worked really hard on getting the tone right and why I still have a-many revisions to go through and improvements to make, I feel I’ve at least got the basics down. That old fantasy vibe, the old ancient castles, evil sorcerers, hopeless circumstances. I want it to feel like there’s nothing you can do except keep pushing forward, against all odds.

3 Likes

The fact that it’s unhinged and batshiz crazy!

4 Likes

The world building…

That is all…

SD

3 Likes

Loving the direction it’s heading. What I thought was a silly-goofy sword-and-sorcery romp has unwittingly become a fictionalised compendium of critical theory & existential philosophy.

2 Likes

@JojoDahlia

I lied…

Beyond the world building there is a creation of sorts, like “I’m God here, and I make the rules!”. And the creations of the creatures and peoples which inhabit Arillion are mine to devise and continue to evolve… I love the Civilisations and past histories of which I have created for each race, their cultures, their ways, their beliefs…

As such, in my created world, I am indeed a God… As are all of us in what we write… And for that I am both grateful, and respectful of your works alike…

May the Force be with you all… Always!

SD

1 Like

@J.L.O

Sorry J.L.O.

I replied to the wrong post…

I’m an idiot too!

SD

1 Like

I really enjoy the characters in all my stories, and the ways they are going to develop and change. I’m a sucker for looking at the psychological and relationship aspects of characters. I’ve got a lot of characters that I really love and took a lot of time and care into developing and fleshing out, and I’m excited to bring them to life on the pages.

I also love the religious parallels in my Synthetic series and all the symbolism and subliminal references to Christianity. It’s in no way a religious book, and actually kind of mocks organized religion as a whole, but I’ve always found biblical references to be very interesting from a literary standpoint. Which is why I’m incorporating it into my Synthetic series.

Along with those things, I love that it explores two of my favorite sci-fi tropes; space travel and artificial intelligence. I’m taking a lot of inspiration from media like Star Trek and Aliens, and I want to expand on certain things they gloss over but never fully take the time to explore, especially regarding A.I., space travel, and extraterrestrial life.

1 Like

It’s ok. The amount of mistakes made in life would leave us all imbeciles if that were the measure to use.

1 Like

I love how stupid it is and how I can take the piss out of storytelling in general with it :joy:

3 Likes

I love how most people who replied love their story because they can either play god or make it stupid and crazy and stupid crazy, doing outrageous things for their worlds XD It’s awesome guys.

At the time of making this thread I was still writing The Rat Girl, so I’ll say for that, I love how deep it got. I was able to explore what it would be like to make characters pause and have a deep conversation with each other instead of jumping from one action to another.

4 Likes

If we didn’t have a love for our characters or s love for creation, we couldn’t write.

4 Likes