What does a cozy yet perfect writing and/or reading day, week, or month look like to you, personally?

Be as idealistic as you want.
Let’s have fun with this.

1 Like

Anyone???

Any day when no one interrupts me. Omg I hate interruptions! Just when I’m getting into the flow and ideas are finally coming, someone always asks me to do a chore or a favor. Argh. No, wait…that’s like the exact opposite of what you wanted. Okay, a perfect writing day would be not too cold or too hot, but maybe cold enough that a nice cup of hot chocolate would taste good. And the dog is sleeping in the TV room with my parents, and they’re watching a good movie for two hours so no one interrupts me. And the internet works that day without any slow-loading pages so I can research things if I need to without any trouble. And the weather is good so there aren’t any power outages, and just listening to my playlist gets the ideas going so I can get into the groove really fast, whipping out sentences as quickly as I can type. Omg that would be a perfect writing day! Wish I could have one like that. ☜(ˆ▿ˆc)

3 Likes

That sounds like amazing!
:face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

I’ve been so busy I barely have the time to write. (Or do anything other than work/ worry about work really).

An ideal writing day would be waking up with an empty schedule (no work, no errands), having a coffee and reading a short story or two in the morning. Then going out to one of my fave spots — I really like the public garden near my place, or the museum, or the abbey — and writing till noon. Grab some lunch, and hopefully the weather’s nice. Then take a walk along the coast and people-watch. Head back to the spot and do some reading. Write again till sundown. And off I’ll go to get a few drinks with friends (raki has become a new favourite). Share my ideas with them. Then call it a day… or if I’m feeling up for it (I’m always up for it) go dancing, and more people-watching.

2 Likes

I haven’t really been writing as much neither simply because of the low iron and my ADHD going bonkers because the medication can’t work properly against my low iron levels.

Plus I am still deciding what to write in terms of a great isekai to make me hapy.

Yeah, I rambling too much.

Overall, I find your ideal writing day very cozy and warm. Without coffee, the day would be ruined and sad, not really, but still. LOL!

Freezing cold, dark all day, gloomy, the outside is miserable with torrential rain, fire going and a cup of black coffee that magically refills. Basically, where I used to live in the Autumn. Gorgeous little place with no roads or neighbours, just hills - it really added to the spookiness! That right there is solid 120WPM pace. No distractions, no people, nothing. Just empty silence cut into by rain :cupid::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Can you imagine if such wonderfulness existed?
That sounds like a happy little dream I rather not wake from!
:flushed: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am in a cabin in the woods, with WiFi and no people for a month. Oscar comes and delivers me KFC, and refills of coffee twice a day. He also brings me hampers and books from my bedroom library. He comes in and cuddles up with me on the sofa when I take breaks to watch TV/videos, and we sleep for hours. I also walk him back home to my parents, and he stays there for a while. They look after him for a bit, and the cycle repeats the next afternoon for a further 30 days because it’s a month of 31 days :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t Oscar your doggie? Did you train your dog that well?
Damn, bro!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well… you did say “be as idealistic as you like”. :wink:

2 Likes

You right, you right?!
LMAO!

2 Likes