What is nostalgic to you?

Oh I loved that show too! I even have a cute Sagwa enamel pin.

YES OMG I’m binge watching that again on HBO haha.

2 Likes

Also Dragon Tales, Cyberchase, Clifford the Big Red Dog, too. And Maya and Miguel.

2 Likes

Vending machines at hotels always feel different. Even if you might see the exact same ones around your hometown, I remember there’s always something special and fun about getting something at a hotel vending machine. And sometimes you find fun gems :wink:

My birthday’s in October, too! :grin: Heeey :raised_hands:

The same as @shutupsin :grin:

My favorite shows :grin:

1 Like

I’m sorry omg I just keep adding more haha I also remember Kipper, Between the Lions, and Rolie Polie Olie.

2 Likes

YES :heart_eyes:

PB and J Otter?
ZOOM?

1 Like

Yes and yes!!

1 Like

We were born between that weird time between millennials and gen z haha. i wish we had our own mini generation that relates to millennials and gen z’s :sob: but ngl sometimes i can’t relate to both either :joy:

1 Like

@shutupsin @AMMeyers

Maybe you’re

Milleni Zs :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried.

1 Like

Latest iteration is Wild Kratts. My kids get an interest in watching it on occasion.

1 Like

Jak and Daxter. :face_holding_back_tears: I love J&D.

1 Like

I’m surprised no one has mentioned food/smells/sounds? Unless I missed it?

For me, hearing the NY Mr. Softie ice cream truck tinkling always throws me back. Not every ice cream truck elsewhere has that. 90s/2000s songs that come on. Much older Spanish songs from before I was born because my father used to play music all the time in the house. The smell of sofrito because my mom always made it from scratch and you smelled a LOT of it over the holidays when she was cooking a big feast. So now that I’m older and I make it myself, whenever I smell it, it makes me emotional. :face_holding_back_tears:

The smell of basil. There was a yard behind my elementary school where we used to pick this plant through the wired fence (yeah I know, not smart lol) and it had this smell but I didn’t know what it was until I was older.

Tembleque (coconut pudding), certain recipes my mom made, piragua (shaved ice), chico sticks, boston beans and certain candies you don’t really see around much now.

And of course anything “retro” like rotary phones, CDs, pay phones, I’m like wow, I remember those. :laughing:

2 Likes

Omg I loved those! Had a bunch! :smiley:

Dragon Tales and Clifford :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh?

The animated one, right? I haven’t watched it, but I know about it. I guess it would’ve been physically hard for them to keep doing what they were doing before, but I like the live action ones better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Smells and sounds are hard to pinpoint. I might feel nostalgic at the moment but then it would pass.

Hmm…

Probably a smell for me would be Yankee Candle candles and their overall Christmassy smell. The smell of a certain Coppertone suntan lotion (I just looked up the brand name). The smell of the pool (not always nostalgic, but sometimes). The smell of America (I don’t know how to describe this for people living there, but when you order things from America, they…they smell like America XD)

Not sure about sounds…maybe Madonna songs because my mom used to teach aerobics as volunteer when I was little and I tagged along. Who’s That Girl, 24 hours, and others.

2 Likes

Ooh, chlorine and suntan lotion came trigger nostalgia for sure. I also like the orange/vanilla ice cream? Reminds me of the push up pops from when I was a kid. :smiley:

1 Like