What is nostalgic to you?

Just a sudden thought. What is nostalgic to you? Show me.

For me it’s probably kids shows of the 90s.

4 Likes

Certain eighties songs sometimes make me cry. And watching any cartoons that have ever appeared on the Boomerang network. (ღ˘ᴗ˘ღ)

3 Likes
  • coffee with way too much milk and sugar
  • Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat
  • Pompeii by Bastille
2 Likes

Certain video games get me the most. Spyro the dragon, Oddworld, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, etc…

4 Likes

Cartoon Network as well? :smiley:

2 Likes

Only two: Dexter’s Laboratory and Two Stupid Dogs. Omg I loved those shows! But I hated everything on CN that came out after them. (ノ_<、)ヾ(´▽`)

1 Like

Africa by Toto.

There was karaoke every night during freshers week. This was the final song. And everyone headed to the clubs after with new-found friends. So young and care free back then :cry:

3 Likes

Omg so many things

Summary
  • Blockbuster
  • original Jumanji
  • silly bands
  • the Nintendo wii
  • the original Wii sports
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • the actual Nintendo 64
  • Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
  • Super Paper Mario
  • The Wild Thornberrys
  • Teen Titans
  • Rocko’s Modern Life
  • The Powerpuff Girls
  • Dexter’s Laboratory
  • Chowder
  • The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
  • The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
  • Codename: Kids Next Door
  • That’s So Raven
  • Wizard’s of Waverly Place
  • The Suit Life of Zack and Cody
  • Hanna Montana
  • Kim Possible
  • The Bugs on Maggie
  • Lilo and Stitch
  • Brandy and Mr. Whiskers
  • Even Stevens
  • Disney Channel Games
  • The Replacements
  • Phil of the Future
  • SpongeBob
  • Drake and Josh
  • iCarly
  • Victorious
  • The Emperor’s New School
  • The Proud Family
  • Lizzie McGuire
  • American Dragon: Jake Long
  • CatDog
  • Two Stupid Dogs
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Ben 10
  • Blue’s Clues
  • Danny Phantom
  • Invader Zim
  • Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide
  • Zoey 101
  • Pretty much any Studio Ghibli movies
  • InuYasha
  • Bleach
  • Twilight
  • The Boondocks

And let me stop here before I keep going cuz there’s still a WHOLE bunch lol

5 Likes

Aah! My childhood wrapped in one list!
Thank you so much!

3 Likes

I loved this show! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Omg, I still remember the opening XD I didn’t watch too many Dexter shows, though I did like them.

1 Like

What have you seen? :grin:

Omg XD

How about Ed, Edd, and Eddy? :wink:

Do you know Cow and Chicken by chance?

I also watched almost all Hanna Montana episodes. I couldn’t watch all of them because they weren’t coming to Japan fast enough and then I got busy and my mom got tired of watching them :confused: But I did see the movie :grin:

Ohana means family. Family means___________ (fill in the blank, you know it :wink: bonus points if you said it in the voice)

Ugh, the nostalgia.

I wonder if you know… Wishbone? :wink: The Puzzle Place?

I’m sensing we’re close in generation :wink:

1 Like

YES AND YES!!

They would’ve been added to my list if I kept going haha.

Nobody gets left behind. That’s like common sense at this point. :rofl:

Neither. :sob: I was born in 1999 so I’m part of the weird group of people who grow up with 90s shows and early 2000s shows, but didn’t get to see them all.

I’ve seen The Big Red Comfy couch, too. And Oswald, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. Oh! And Max and Ruby! And Zaboomafoo!

1 Like

old nintendo games and hotel hallways. when i was a kid, i used to watch my grandmother play animal crossing on the gamecube from the couch every night until i fell asleep. she had such a beautifully-decorated house in the game. mine could never compare. games like pokémon mystery dungeon and luigi’s mansion also have a special place in my heart.

we would squirrel away money and go on a family vacation every year, sometimes just a weekend at a hotel down the road for a change or scenery, and i always remember the long walks from the swimming pool back to my hotel room late at night in my damp swimming clothes. sometimes stopping at the vending machines along the way or making a big pot of coffee filled to the brim with those tiny packets of sugar at the breakfast bar.

4 Likes
  • Super Mario 64
  • Banjo Kazooie (that soundtrack still randomly gets stuck in my head to this day)
  • Animal Crossing, the Gamecube version
    (Though Animal Crossing: New Horizons makes me weirdly nostalgic for 2020 when I was unemployed for a blissful six months)
  • The smell of birthday cake
  • October in general (because of Fall, Halloween, and my birthday)
3 Likes

High-school sweethearts. My parents were that.

Big robots. I grew up on Voltron.

2 Likes

Lots of things.

I was born in the late 90s, so I grew up with the early 2000s stuff (making me Gen Z), but I have millennial siblings (born in the early 90s, grew up toward the late 90s, early 2000s) so we grew up around the same things, and often times, our childhood becomes nostalgic.

Turning on random shows like Rocket Power, Hey Arnold, Arthur, Magic School Bus, and _Recess and so much more makes us go back to those times as kids, watching them and eating lunchables for lunch. Plus, we had lived in hotels/motels most of our lives, so going to the pool, then coming back into the room to watch these shows with lunchables? Brings life into my childhood soul.

Those old-timey commercials they used to have on, that makes me nostalgic. Things like Chia Pets, Shamwow, the Bumpetts, etc. Having commercials is a whole experience. xD

The sound of THX on movies.

PS1 and PS2 games.

Hearing early 2000s songs. It definitely brings me back to middle school.

Certain toys, like Polly Pocket. I used to have the actual miniature Polly Pockets and then I upgraded when I was like nine or ten years old where my parents first bought me a limo, and then later a cruise ship. I’ll never forget about those. I thought they were the coolest toys ever.

Furbies. They creep me out now.

School buses. It reminds me of when I was in school. xD

Certain smells also bring me back to a moment in time, too.

3 Likes

Twilight.

2 Likes

Oh yeah :grin: One of my favorite shows. I distinctly remember sometimes Sagwa would come after that…though I could be wrong. My grandmother taped videos for me, so sometimes she would skip things she thought I wouldn’t like.

And Kratts Creatures? Perhaps?

Courage the Cowardly Dog?

2 Likes