What is the worst punishment to give a deity for committing a terrible sin/crime?

Aw, I’m going to reveal a little something now…

There were Four Creators who crafted the world in which Arillion is seated, Essingvaux, Aporica, Curinthus, and one I have not a name for, as of yet. Mainly because I have thought not to bring it into the story, but only have a revealing of it’s demise.

The crime:- A hatred that grew deeply, and in silence, for all that it’s kindred had foreseen to create, and help flourish within the world… A deep seeded hatred for the world, with equalled disgust of the frailty of all that dwelt within. This gave rise to The Children of Mara, but we shall not speak of that now…

The Punishment:- The Three discovered their betrayal and had time to react, casting powerful spells they overthrew and slayed their traitor kin. Thus it was decided that into forty eight pieces their darkened fallen would be dissected, and they buried the heart deep within a tomb that no light could reach. Four trees were planted, and given a task to perform for eternity. To drain the life force from their kin’s darkened heart, until nothing remained of it. The trees grew long in years, and mighty in stature. The many body parts were spread about the land, and buried deep also in tombs. Each were ordained with a spell of binding, so that their fallen could never return. And an eternal mist did swell in the wide shallow lands of the tombs.

Many thousands of years passed, and upon the day that the Creators felt no more the presence of their kin… It’s throne cracked and splintered with many shards falling to the floor of the great hall of their dwelling. Forty Eight shards, no more. And the throne darkened…

SD

2 Likes