What is the worst punishment to give a deity for committing a terrible sin/crime?

Let’s say your deity committed a heinous crime that caused problems to world or universe and tried to cover it up somehow. The other more powerful ruling deities discovered this and are going to punish this deity for his/hers/their crimes.

What type of eternal punishment is considered the worst to bestowed upon a deity who committed a grave crime/sin?

As of matter of fact, what would be considered a crime or even a sin done by a deity?

Depending on the situation and the type of crime, what are your thoughts?

Also, BESIDE THE MOST COMMON PUNISHMENT, WHICH IS BEING STRIPPED OF THEIR GODHOOD, WHAT IS ANOTHER TERRIBLE PUNISHMENT?!

Lend me your thoughts!

2 Likes

They get turned into a maple tree and regularly bled for syrup

1 Like

That sounds painful and rather sad.
At least they are helping people give their pancakes and waffles some flavor.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Maybe that’s worse, people putting your blood on pancakes

1 Like

Aw, man! You just put a gross image in my head! LOL!

1 Like

If someone can come up with something worse I will be impressed

1 Like

I mean, didn’t Loki get blinded and his mouth sewn shut for the crap he pulled? There was something about prison and a serpent too… I don’t remember, it’s been a hot minute since I read the mythology. :sweat_smile:

Edit: there’s also the tale of Prometheus getting his liver eaten by an eagle every day and because he was a god, it just grew back so he was stuck like that for eternity.

3 Likes

I don’t even know.

I do know that the Titan Atlas was forced to hold the heaven for eternity for going against Zeus or something along those lines.

Wait a minute, was it Cronus or his father that was castrated with a sickle then an Olympian goddess was born?

I believe that was Cronus/Kronos, right?

1 Like

Oh god! Imagine if every time that happens the pain become so severe that he becomes unable to withstand even as a god…

3 Likes

Lol like I said, it’s been a long time since I learned all this stuff so I don’t remember. There are definitely a bunch if tales you can draw inspiration from out there though.

2 Likes

True. I am going to search to see if that is true or not.

Be right back.

LOL!

2 Likes

EDIT: Cronus castrated his father Uranus then Aphrodite was born in the sea. Sweet gracious! Greek mythology is outstanding yet odd. LOL! That is what I found, but as you mentioned there is probably a slightly different tale somewhere. LOL!

2 Likes

Is it as bad as becoming a syrup tree?

1 Like

Apparently having their liver eaten by an eagle every day for the rest of eternity or being sealed under a giant mountain or being strapped to a rock and having venom drip on you for all eternity

3 Likes

I mean, I suppose that’s subjective??? At least as a syrup tree you wouldn’t have a nervous system. Some might argue being tapped for syrup would be painless.

2 Likes

I read The Hidden Life of Trees, I’m not convinced they can’t feel pain.

1 Like

That’s why it’s subjective. No one can really prove or disprove that they can feel pain. So it’s kind of up for interpretation.

2 Likes

Ah, Greek Mythology. You gotta love how gruesome they were.
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Greek for the first two, Norse for the last one. I could go further, but then we reach the ones where there’s no way to tell it in a PG way :joy:

2 Likes

Yup. LOL!

2 Likes