What Popular Music Sounded Like Before the Beatles

Cause Whitesnake have standards…

1 Like

It took you 10 months to answe that?

But the rant of genre isn’t real has a couple of levels:

Songs that can be readdressed in multiple gnres means that the division is superficial as skin color dividions. This is why tons of songs are Pachebel’s Canon…they inbred songs.

Songs that cross genre barriers show that there isn’t a clear division anyway.

2 Likes

If you think that’s long… I still have stuff from 2 years ago I have to answer lol.

Yeah, and isn’t genre really only a marketing tool in a sense, for the modern music industry, and classification reasons? So if you browse whatever section online (say pop), you get Ed Sheeran, or Dua Lipa songs. Or classic rock gives you something like Bon Jovi, or whatever.

And for the charts. Rock charts, pop charts, Latin charts etc.

1 Like

You needs some Eggplants…no, that’s not it, ear plugs to block off that squirrel.

…well, it’s under the premise that you’ll like X if you like Y. The problem is that I hate the Beatles, but love Simon & Garfunkel. How different are they?!

2 Likes

And a gun :smiley:

Very, the algorithm isn’t that great is it?

2 Likes

What’s even worse is I prefer Elvis to the Beatles, and guess who I hear more of, over the years.

I also hate the Doors. My hsuband loves them. I’m going to SHEGETHIGH his records out the front door.

2 Likes

Beatles :smiley:

Always happens!

2 Likes

That’s alright, read up on some rumors about Elvis and now I’m scarred for life.

It’s the type of allegations that the dead can’t straighten out, so it’s a strange place to be in, like someone is writing very twisted fanfics about the guy.

2 Likes

:100:

And someone probably is doing that as well lol.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was true because it’s the type of twisted things they covered up back in the day (and still do), but it’s not like everyone did crap like that, and everyone was a coverup.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s the same with British musicians.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re talking about the Beatles, they weren’t shown as a cake walk. I think the one that came out of it with the cleanest rep is Ringo.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know right? :stuck_out_tongue:

And John Deacon for Queen.

1 Like

grimaces

2 Likes