What scientific breakthrough would you like to see happen in your lifetime?

A video related to my above post…

…Interesting YouTube channel too.

1 Like

yes! so interesting! Netflix did an episode about this in their series The Future Of

1 Like

Every tech is exploitable and gatekeeping. I’m more for the tiems ehen they finally make things affordable. So Id like some of the steangleholds on what we already have to be loosened.

2 Likes

Nuclear fusion.

Just that.

They’re already pretty good. Sure, the first stage looks tragic, but it looks pretty good with medical tattooing and further refinement. There’s a lot of end results I’ve seen where I couldn’t tell the difference.

1 Like

A cure for chronic pain would be nice, but I don’t see it happening in my lifetime :expressionless:

2 Likes

Figuring out the secrets of black holes, dark matter and M-theory would also be pretty cool but I doubt that’ll happen any timesoon :joy:

2 Likes

It’s not functional though. It’s mutilating your genitalia to look similar to the real thing but it doesn’t function at all. Male to female surgeries are much more advanced and they have better options. Trust me, I’ve done a ton of research on this because it’s something I’ve wanted for myself but had to forgo because it’s not up to my standards of what I’d want. I’d rather have a functioning organ than one that looks like the real deal but isn’t at all in a practical sense.

Fusion and mars colonization…

2 Likes

Metoidioplasty is fully functional but its feasibility is a genetic gamble. Phalloplasty mirrors functionality with implants. I’m a lil confused here ngl; but, overall, it’s your choice.

• Be able to generate clean energy would be nice. No more reliance on dangerous nuclear energy. No more coal either. If the world’s gonna heat up no matter what we do, then maybe scientists can find a way to not make it worse than it needs to be. I’m not looking forward to hotter and hotter summers.

• Create plastic that can be broken down easily if people have to have it. All the waste in the world. All the mounds of trash. Can’t something be done about that?

• Some better way to find and slow the progress of dementia. Especially for people who get dementia when they are still in their forties or fifties.

• Better medical treatments for household pets. They are family, too.

I guess I went serious for this one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That is perfectly fine.

1 Like

Some of this is being worked on. For example, people are starting to call Alzheimer’s Type 3 Diabetes. Which means that some prevention can come from preventing adult onset of Diabetes–of at least some symptoms.

“According to one study’s results, Type 1 diabetics were 93% more likely to develop dementia .”
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.alz.org/media/documents/alzheimers-dementia-diabetes-cognitive-decline-ts.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiJ3NCJqeb-AhW7m2oFHb6IB24QFnoECB4QBQ&usg=AOvVaw0EMhpgwW5WPhwjaVuGGULI

See, this is what I mean by wr need to be doing better. We knownhow to prevent a ton of Diabetic issues from even starting and this stuff is heavily correlated to the disease. What is not as clear is how much of it is prevented by being in control of the symptoms or prevention beforehand, nor how much of it is being treated right or wrong, currebtly, or how much you cwn orevent a diagnosis at all by healthy living. We arent consitent.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s interesting. I hope treatments spread worldwide and become affordable for everyone in need.

2 Likes

Ooh lemme think

Affordable/efficient renewable energy. Some form that can suitably replace carbon-based fuels in most areas of human life with little impact to our ecosystem (nature).

On the pharmaceutical side (as its my specialty rn), I’d like to see more development on cancer & HIV treatments. While I’ve learned plenty of meds that can help HIV patients have better quality of life, would be cool if there was a definitive cure (or at least a vaccine, as my classmates discussed) On the cancer side, perhaps different treatments that have a higher chance of curing or complete remission, especially for cancers with worse outcomes or chances of survival. Also studies that can help define better healthcare for transgender folks, as its a bit of grey area to my understanding.

1 Like