What site or medium does this forum use?

Hello !!
I was wondering which site or medium this forum uses as NaNoWriMo’s forum looks the same so I was thinking it must be based on a site or medium? I like the way this forum looks and in case I wanted to make my own forum, I wanted to know which site/medium was used to create this lovely space?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi there! So this site’s users mainly use Wattpad. Wattpad used to have its own official forum, but when it was nuked in mid-2020, one Wattpad user built this entire forum and a sizable part of the community moved here. This forum isn’t affiliated with Wattpad though; we welcome writers from other platforms too :slight_smile:

I’ve also seen writers here try out Inkitt, and perhaps Tapas and Royal Road. We also have our own Wacky Writers writing site ^.^ the platform that most of us use, though, is still Wattpad.

EDIT: It’s 7:30 a.m. and I haven’t slept, I just reread your question and now I feel dumb. This site uses Discourse, and it’s apparently open source iirc? :eyes:

1 Like

It’s fine!!

Yeah, I edited my post :sweat_smile:

I use Wattpad and most people who are on here do too :smiley:

Aaaaaawfully late to the party, but…Discourse :rofl: We’re built on Discourse.

While a big chunk of our userbase originally came over from Wattpad’s old forums (also Discourse-based), we are open to all sorts of creatives, with or without accounts on writing platforms :grin:

1 Like