What Socials Do You Use For Writing? - 6 Quick Questions

Kirkus is a very reputable book review/recommemdation source! at least in Canada and America, i don’t know how it fairs in other countries.

As an author you can purchase a professional review from them and they’ll go through your whole book, give you a thorough review, and then you have the option to either post it for the world to see on their site, or “request that it never see the light of day” per their own words.

1 Like

Wait… So it’s like paying for an Amazon or Goodreads review them, but just from a reputable company?

1 Like

i’m not familiar enough with paying for amazon/goodreads reviews to answer that :sweat_smile:

kirkus is a magazine with a long history of credibility in the industry and it’s reviewers are professionals (ex: librarians).

1 Like

cool!

And I meant that I think the other two are free, so I was thinking if the review would be (I guess honest) if it’s paid for XD

Both.

Wattpad.

I do, and it’s currently through Wattpad but I’d like to be traditionally published one day.

I’m mostly marketing my work through TikTok and SnapChat. I have, in some instances, where I used Instagram and Facebook.

YouTube. One day, I’d like to become an AuthorTuber.

I’ve found some through Amazon, TikTok (AKA BookTok), and Facebook advertisements. I’ve sometimes also typed in random books I like into Google and see what pops up. Another way I’ve found new books is through Libby. I’ll just scroll endlessly with what my library has in stock and find new books, though Libby isn’t social media.

2 Likes

COOL!

2 Likes