What Socials Do You Use For Writing? - 6 Quick Questions

Another poll! And the answer is still no, I’m not going to send you scam emails! :joy:

Are you a writer or a reader?

• I am a writer
  • I am a reader
  • I prefer to not answer

0 voters

If you are a writer, where do you publish your writing?

• Wattpad
  • Inkitt
  • Radish
  • Tapas
  • ArchiveOfOurOwn
  • FanFiction
  • FictionPress
  • Amazon
  • What I use is/are not represented here (feel free to comment down below where you publish)
  • I prefer to not answer

0 voters

If you are a writer, where do you have an interest in publishing your writing (that you are not already doing so)?

• Wattpad
  • Inkitt
  • Radish
  • Tapas
  • ArchiveOfOurOwn
  • FanFiction
  • FictionPress
  • Amazon
  • I am happy with where I currently share my writing
  • Where I would like to publish is/are not represented here (feel free to comment down below where you would like to publish)
  • I prefer to not answer

0 voters

If you are a writer, what media(s) do you use to promote your writing?

• Twitter
  • Instagram
  • TikTok
  • Facebook
  • Snapchat
  • YouTube
  • Spotify
  • Hive
  • Discord
  • Wattpad (your personal announcement board)
  • Inkitt (your personal announcement board)
  • Tapas (your personal announcement board)
  • Amazon
  • My media(s) is/are not represented here (feel free to comment below where you promote your writing)
  • I prefer to not answer

0 voters

If you are a writer, what media(s) do you have an interest in using to promote your writing (that you are not already using)?

• Twitter
  • Instagram
  • TikTok
  • Facebook
  • Snapchat
  • YouTube
  • Spotify
  • Hive
  • Discord
  • Wattpad (your personal announcement board)
  • Inkitt (your personal announcement board)
  • Tapas (your personal announcement board)
  • Amazon
  • I am happy with where I currently promote my writing
  • My media(s) is/are not represented here (feel free to comment below where you would like to promote your writing)
  • I prefer to not answer

0 voters

If you’re a reader, what media(s) do you use to find new stories/authors to try out?

• Twitter
  • Instagram
  • TikTok
  • Facebook
  • Snapchat
  • YouTube
  • Spotify
  • Hive
  • Discord
  • Wattpad
  • Inkitt
  • Radish
  • Tapas
  • ArchiveOfOurOwn
  • FanFiction
  • FictionPress
  • Amazon
  • I just throw words into a search engine and see what pops up
  • My media(s) is/are not represented here (feel free to comment below where you find things to read)
  • I prefer to not answer

0 voters

4 Likes

I would vote, but where’s the “I no longer post anything online anymore” option.

When I was posting my stories, it was FanFiction.net/FictionPress or Wattpad.

Now, I do none of that.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there’s not an option for that. But it’s a good point. Thanks for leaving your comment. :blush:

1 Like

No problem! :grin:

I keep my fiction for my eyes only. Less stress and hassle that way…sorta. LOL!

1 Like

I mostly find books I want to read at Goodreads, Bookbub, and various lit journals like Literary Hub, Book Riot, Slate, Buzzfeed, etc. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

3 Likes

I was waiting for someone to say Barnes & Nobles or like the public library, haha. That’s why I tried to limit it to social media finds. I forgot all about Goodreads!

2 Likes

A lot of my books are handed to me, except authors I specifically look for. I gave up on reading this past year, doing mostly mangas. I need to get back to “real reading” this year.

I advertise on my Wattpad, that’s really it. It’s not that I wouldn’t advertise at all, but the less streamlined this is the less I will do.

I may expand some time. Right now, not really.

3 Likes

Yeah, the consistency seems to be hard for most people to keep up with.

2 Likes

I’m getting back into writing DC fanfics on Tumblr now haha. I made a new account and ppl who used to read my fanfics are like, going crazy to see that I’m back again. xD

2 Likes

Now, I wouldn’t normally pay for advertising, but that’s an option if it’s a “company” I want to support, you know?

2 Likes

I forgot about Tumblr too! XD

True, true.

If I could afford Netgalley to advertise my books I’d use it above everything else, but I’m too poor. As I understand it, the readers get the books for free as long as they leave a review, but the authors have to pay to put their books up there. Yet another reason there’s no excuse for piracy when readers can read future bestsellers for free before they’re even published officially.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of that. But it’s a cool idea!

2 Likes

Do my dad and grandmother count as advertising medias? They seem to have chosen to be my “advertising agents” :joy:

2 Likes

that’s so cute! I actually forgot to put word of mouth on there… oops lol. I told myself don’t forget… and forgot XD.

1 Like

Yeah, after I got published they told everyone, and I mean everyone, they knew and came across on a daily basis :joy:

1 Like

That’s so sweet though! We all need cheerleaders like that!

1 Like

tiktok is my biggest avenue for both promotion and finding books, with wattpad as a close second. Although it’s passive for both since i only post for fun and i haven’t sought out new recs in a reaaaaally long time (my tbr shelf is more of an overflowing tbr case)

but Goodreads feels the most legit from a writer perspective and is something i not only use as a reader but would also use as a professional in the library industry. (The same applies to Amazon i just don’t love them ethically).

Utimately Kirkus reviews, and Novelist would be :star_struck: but that’s less social and more promotional… also kirkus is expensive :sob:

1 Like

I’ve never heard of this. I’m learning! :star_struck:

1 Like