What time do you usually write?

Hi guys! Really random question, what time do you usually get the most writing done? Or the hours that you simply just force those words out your tired brain? :thinking:

I usually get a lot done like 10 p.m - 1 a.m

I once did a writing sprint from 9pm-3am and it was kind of… a vibe(?)

Just thought it’d be interesting.

(and it’s currently 12am and I’m trying to procrastinate on my manuscript I have open just on the other tab… and I have class tomorrow, kind of losing my mind~ )

4 Likes

I don’t have a preference but I tend to do most of my writing at night since that’s when I’m awake. It’s midnight here too and I’m probably going to be up half the night. Sometimes I’ll start at 2-4 a.m. and write until morning. There’s not much else to do when I’m awake all night.

1 Like

I write usually early mornings and late evenings. I stopped forcing out writing or continue to write when I don’t feel the words anymore. The last time I did that, I got a burnout writing-wise. Though I do like to chat when I’m writing, helps get the juices flowing.

2 Likes

I write around my kids so it can be any time of day or night.

1 Like

Usually free time

1 Like

Anytime???

2 Likes

Whenever I can. Early in the morning, at lunch break, after work, on the bus…

2 Likes

Anytime when I’m feeling focused, really. Though I find it’s easiest in the late morning/early afternoon! A tea house I like opens at 11 and doesn’t usually get busy until 2-3, so I like to go there and write between those times a lot. Thankfully I can write during those times a few days a week because of my wonky uni schedule, whether I’m at the tea house or not. Other days, it’s really whenever I can.

3 Likes

I write in the mornings before my husband or baby wakes up with whatever time is left over after my workout is done. I can usually do one chapter a morning.

2 Likes

at 10 in the morning

2 Likes

Most of my best writing is done when it’s dark out, so I’d say late night - early morning. But honestly, my schedule is non-existent, so I just write whenever I feel like it, and that could be any time of day. It just tends to happen most often at night.

3 Likes

I’m more likely to be productive when it’s before noon, so between 8am-12pm. If I keep prolonging it, the likelihood of me not getting writing done increases.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday to you!!!

:grin:

3 Likes

Happy Happy Birthday

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!! Hope I didn’t miss it :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Nah, it just started so you’re good. :rofl: but thank you!

2 Likes

I like writing late at night, when I’m done for the day or somewhere in the afternoon. Both times are the only times I’m completely alone - without my parents and I can get away with writing 1,000 words in one sitting.
My parents can be a bit nosy sometimes. I just want to avoid the judgemental comments!

1 Like

I write after coffee whenever that is :grin:

1 Like

Honestly, whenever I can get a chance.

1 Like

Depends on the day.

I write on the weekends, whenever possible, and the time is different though typically the same. Most often than not, I write between 11pm–2am. But on other occasions when I’m at a cafe or got up super early or don’t have much to do that day, I’ll write in the early morning to afternoon. In the early mornings, it’s between 6am–8am, but in the usual mornings, it’s between 8am–11am. In the afternoons, it’s between 1pm–3pm.

As a night owl, I prefer the night because it’s quiet, peaceful, and more of a vibe… especially if it rains. Though if it snows, I prefer the mornings. But I do love writing and watching the sun rise. That’s something I envy with people who get up around 4-5am to write and go on until eight or so.

1 Like