I’m honestly surprised nobody is trying to go to the future xD.
Ah, just didn’t think about it.
But… I don’t wanna ruin the surprise!
I already go to the future. Why would I want to do that in a machine?
It’s weird family dreams where we dream it’s then we do it. It’s more than a sense of deja-vu.
One of dad’s was he was playing catch football in his neighborhood, and he caught a ball midst-turn and that jumping turn out him face first into a tree branch.
HE had that dream before he started playing football. He had the activity after he started playing football.
You know when he knew he was living his dream? Midst air, turning around.
And they were often like this: too late to stop the events, but capable of adjusting minor changes with a ton of effort
Tell the people of the past to enjoy it while it lasts because the people of the future will screw up the planet
Probably go back to middle school me and tell her not to give up dancing
How far back / forward can we travel, and what can we take with us?
Traveling backward in time...
- Return to when I first began studying at university, discretely convince my younger self to switch to a Finance / Stock Trading / International Business degree.
- Clean up my younger self’s diet, and begin an endurance / fitness training program.
- Inscribe in all of my younger self’s notebooks, in bold capitalised fonts, a list of dating and relationship blunders to avoid…Should be too busy or exhausted anyway…
- Suggest strict budget discipline. Buy dividend shares, not alcohol or junk food. Get a compound interest account. Switch to a non-fee VISA / debt card account. Excess cash put away for emergencies or invested in own health / fitness.
- Return a few years later with a ‘graduation gift’ for the younger me comprising of a list of approaching Power Ball jackpot numbers, recommended ETFs and Real Estate developments, best means of wealth protection (fail-safes aplenty), and some favourable coastal properties to buy for my family (parents & siblings).
- A second list would include pre-emptive surgeries / medical checks for mini-me & family, and recommended diet programs.
- Depart with a suggestion of joining the military (Officer / Special Forces) to put the clean diet / training to good use, and have the military provide further training in subjects of interest (driving, combat / self defence, bush craft and navigation, assertiveness / confidence / leadership, strategy (business is another kind of warfare)).
Traveling forward in time...
- Advance to an era where Nano technology and personalised genetic enhancements are mainstream (or almost mundane).
- Acquire several samples of medical Nano serums (that destroy all known and legacy viruses / illnesses, accelerate wound healing, and repair damaged / aged tissues, ligaments, or DNA), enhancement serums (that boost cognitive and physical abilities to their genetic limits), and the blueprints for their manufacturing software and hardware.
- Also note down some historical Jackpot numbers…never know when they might be useful…
- Return to present day, or back to first year of University (see above).
- Begin gradually ‘spiking’ my own and my family’s diets with acquired serums. Doses small enough to make improvements seem natural.
- My current or past self undertakes medical and financial degrees, and buys a private medical production facility with some ‘unique’ upgrades.
Go back in time when things were cheaper to do my daily grocery shopping assuming when I get back to the future the food would not have rotten. It’s just so absurdly expensive nowadays.
I know what I would say when I was little: Go to the future to take a peek at how I would end up.
But you’re planning to ruin the surprise for other people by messing with the past
So many natural resources and cool plants and animals that are rare or extinct now . Yay, I’m not being stalked by a saber tooth tiger, but… It may have been nice to have the option XD.
Aww! It’s too early for feels!
Tell me about if! Get that ten cent bread!
Right?! I was similar and said I’d get the lotto numbers, haha.
You sound like you’ve thought about this in depth before… Are you a time traveler?
I know but it doesn’t for me It would be a massive practical joke!
That’s smart XD
I figure I just need to win 1 or 2 to live comfortably XD. I’d invest a bunch.
April fools! XD
I forget exactly why too lmao.
I think because of the emoji you used, haha.
Um… so… a couple things.
I’d first go all the way back in time to prevent my parents from ever meeting/becoming a couple because damn, I don’t need to be here anymore.
But in all seriousness, I’d probably go back to when I was a child and basically force myself to not become overweight. Then I’d go back to my old middle school for seventh grade and punch a few guys who were mean to me. And I’d probably do a few other things to kind of right some wrongs that’s happened in my life… like never finishing high school or never going to college. Then I’d go forward in time and see what my life is gonna turn out to be because I’m impatient and don’t like surprises.
But surprises may be worth it? XD
There are no floating blue phonebooths or tinkered with Delorean cars around here…unfortunately…