What would your personal library look like?

Inspired by @anon39043209’s threads on Pinterest, what would you want your personal library to look like? If you could have a castle, a mansion, or maybe even a normal-sized house with a room filled with books and making it your personal reading/writing space, what would it potentially look like? And yes, this is without being realistic—like, you don’t have to worry about having the money for it as this is what it’d be like if you had unlimited funds. :wink:

And maybe as an extra bonus, you can also post a picture of your current “library,” no matter how small or big.

Personally, I’d want to live in a mansion or castle-look-alike with a library that is either two or three floors high. I also would love massive floor-to-ceiling windows (and if it goes into a dome-like look, I’m sold) with spiraling staircases. AND A FIREPLACE. Sorry, I’m—for whatever reason—really crazy about fireplaces. I love them. A little too much, it seems. xD

So, I’d like staircases that look like this:

Windows like this:

And the rest of the room to look like this:

4 Likes

Aww…you’re too kind to mention me. :blush:

Anyway, I would want a very simple library where I can write at my large desk, sit in a comfy chair and work on my laptop, grab a manga and plop on a couch and read there, and do it all over again if I can.

I don’t have a picture, but I have a vision.

1 Like

Any of the world’s most beautiful libraries would work for me. (>‿◠):v:

https://www.roadaffair.com/best-libraries-in-the-world/

2 Likes

The first one is so beautiful and ethereal to me!

It’s like God’s personal library with all the white and gold!

I love it!

3 Likes

I want the library from Beauty and the Beast!

EDIT: HERE IS A PICTURE <3

6 Likes

Supposedly, that’s the library that inspired Belle’s from Beauty and the Beast. You’ve got great taste!

2 Likes

Thanks ya kindly!

1 Like

I mean . . . my bedroom is already kind of my own personal library

1 Like

A plant like library would just be amazing

4 Likes

Why would you need a personal library? Support your public library… :thinking: :grin:

3 Likes

A vision of it is far better, because one day, it may come alive. :wink:

Um… YES. :heart_eyes:

Even though I used to hate reading as a kid, I’ve always wanted Belle’s library. xD

YESSSS

Lol, I do. :sweat_smile:

I actually work in one, and through that, I’m able to get free books (first dibs on donations and deleted books—I recently got 30-35 new books within the last few months just from a few donated ones and a 600 YA book purge lol).

But I’d love to have my own library at home because libraries and bookstores do close, and when I’m yearning to go to one whether to write, read, or hang around, I don’t have to leave the comfort of my own house. c:

2 Likes