What's your comfort show when you're sad?

While many times if I’m sad, I don’t do anything. I just sit or lay and stare at nothing, or tend to scroll through TikTok.

But sometimes, I’ll put something on, usually something comforting, that helps ease the pain. Recently, I’ve been watching Bluey as my comfort show.

What about you?

4 Likes

Any comedy anime or anime in general.

4 Likes

Although it has some problematic things: Ouran Highschool Host Club. Super goofy, love it.

Avatar The Last Airbender, more out of nostalgia I’ve been watching it since I was six lol. But an absolutely fantastic show, I could talk about its greatness for days.

Fruits Basket: Absolutely credit this show for helping me through several dark periods. It’s story also changed my life/world-view.

These are shows I watch when I’m sad/triggered (I have PTSD) and need something lighthearted and fun to take my mind off it.

But sometimes I feel like when I’m sad I need to have something to relate to. Something dark, gritty, and something that feels bigger than myself and my own problems (if that makes sense).

For times like this, I watch Attack on Titan, Berserk, and Monster.

Wouldn’t recommend those shows to anyone who doesn’t want darkness, sadness, or psychologically disturbing content. Heavy trigger warnings for all, especially Berserk (which has it’s own fair share of problems in certain depictions).

5 Likes

Bluey and Bee and Puppycat are my go to comfort shows!

3 Likes

I tend to do nothing when I’m burned out/sad, just sleep or play Animal Crossing maybe, but one thing I really liked doing in the past was reading this manga called Yotsubato&! about the every day random shenanigans of this little girl being raised by her single father. She’s innocent and hilarious. I liked it because it’s very “episodic” in that I can just read one chapter and get a full story without having to read anything else. The stories are mostly small and self contained so I could jump anywhere and read anywhere mostly once I was already introduced to the cast.

I miss that manga. It was my happy manga. :sob: I used to read it online years ago but then they took it down/stopped translating it.

3 Likes

Gintama? :smiley:

1 Like

It is difficult to feel sad if you watch New Getter Robo. You might feel confusion, excitement, bafflement, and insanity, but not sadness. Not for long, anyway.

2 Likes

YOU BEAUTIFUL PERSON, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

:smiley:

2 Likes

It is also hard to feel sad when when you watch AVGN.

2 Likes

Watch shows?

2 Likes

I don’t watch much TV but when I need a comfort show, Avatar: the last airbender is always good. I also will put in Hayao Miyazaki movies because most of them are so peaceful and calming.

5 Likes

Yugioh Season 0, Yugioh Classic, Yugioh 5Ds, Yugioh Zexal, YGOTAS, Winx Club.

Hmm. There was almost a theme going on there :thinking:

1 Like

what about YuGiOh Abridged?

1 Like

No one can be sad watching Gintama. :joy:

2 Likes

You can be sad while watching Gintama, if you didn’t want it to end or a certain episode that is a tearjerker.

:sweat_smile::rofl:

2 Likes

SAME.

When my sister’s cat passed away in 2021, we watched the entire series, including Legend of Korra, all over again, even though we’ve seen it a hundred times. But it has so much meaning to it and it’s so beautiful.

3 Likes

Oh damn knew i forgot at least one!

1 Like