Where do Graphic Designers post their design portfolios?

I’m looking to post some of my graphic designs basically to redirect people to where they can see my work without having to go through the effort of choosing each and every time. But aside from using a website like Wix or Weebly. I have no idea where else I’d post my stuff. (This is for fun but if it ends up being a side job Idm the help too)

1 Like

Got a list of sites I’ve used/am using/seen others use. I guess it really depends on whether you just want it for a portfolio, or you’re going to want to add sections and such, or maybe link the images elsewhere.

• 99Designs
  • Adobe Portfolio
  • Behance
  • Carrd
  • Jimdo
  • SquareSpace
  • Tumblr
  • WordPress
3 Likes

DeviantArt is a site for a lot of stuff, but I think you can use it as a portfolio, too. I’d still recommend getting a website for the portfolio stuff, though.

Not a fan of Deviantart, not after Eclipse :confused: Been on that site for many years and eh, I don’t like how they blindsided the many loyal users.

I’m not really familiar with Jimdo / 99Designs / Adobe Portfolio / Behance which one among them have you used and would further recommend?

1 Like

I lost interest about the time they dropped their forums. lol

I guess it depends on your long-term goal.

If you have Photoshop, Behance/Adobe Portfolio would be good. You can export it directly from PS which is pretty convenient, and it can be fore both non-commercial and commercial use. I think Adobe Portfolio only comes with a CC membership though.

As for Jimdo, I’ve never personally used it but I’ve seen @/dumplingbabe use it, and from what I’ve checked out, the interface is easy to manouvre. Probably not the best choice for commercial though. This one, I don’t really recommend. That might just be me though, I don’t like how it looks. :sweat_smile:

99 Designs is, from what I remember, for working designers/freelancers. It’s like Fiverr, but better. So, if you’re planning to go commercial any time soon, here’d be a good place to start. They do ask for a number of details though for signup.

I’ve tried Behance, Adobe Portfolio and 99Designs before moving to Wix. I like the website idea best, since it’s just easy and quick and everything’s in one place. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh. I joined very recently, so I don’t know any of their history. And tbh, I don’t really use it much, just check in once in a while or to get stocks for personal use covers.

And I agree, website would be the best option.

I agree a website would be the best option! Im actually building my own website rn, but for a portfolio website you shouldn’t have to spend a cent!

1 Like

I use Wordpress for my website on a premium theme + plug-ins. I pay something like 8.99 a month for it with hosting included through Ionos. Works fine, and is easy. :slight_smile: