Where to Find Pictures for Covers?

I love graphic designing and creating covers (even considering doing it as a minor in college) but I always struggle with finding resources to use. I’m okay with fonts, but when finding pictures, specifically for romance, ya/na covers, I always have difficulty finding good pictures. Any suggestions on where to look?

unsplash & pexels are my go to, theyre free to use for personal use but just a small note it’s very advised against to use any photos with visible people in them for commercial use, but as long as it’s personal they’re very good sites imo :]

2 Likes

Thank you! I usually use Unsplash and Pexels for my covers, but I can never find any good romance pics :sweat_smile:I guess I just don’t know what tags to use

i’ve never had any issue finding any personally! my tip is to try and find just One photo that’s more or less the vibe you’re looking for and then see what collections it’s included in, usually people have already done the hard work and made albums of similar photos for us to just scroll through ^^

2 Likes

Ah gotcha! I’ll try that :smiley:

1 Like

You can try looking in Pixabay too, in addition to Unsplash and Pexels! :blush: I think there was a post in #artists-showroom:feedback-tutorials-resources about this but it was made so long ago.

3 Likes

This might be more of what you’re looking for

Depending on what you’re looking for, public domain/creative commons illustrations could work, too.

1 Like