Where Winter Never Ends Development Thread

1 Like

Some good merits of Muriel are that she is extremely determined and driven, very charismatic and confident, and that she loves kids. She is very goal-oriented and sardonic, as you would say.

1 Like

Now, it is normal to fall in love with someone who cares for you. If you want to do it in a quirky manner, you’re going to have to pull on that sardonic nature.

Is she the werewolf again? You could counterculture the werewolf tropes, where Ellaric is expecting her to behave like the stereotypical werewolf should.

“You’re not acting like a werewolf.”
“Careful. You start thinking I’m not like other girls and your dumb ass is going to fall for me.”

1 Like

Oh god no. That’s Marcy, and she’s living in the Rhine region. I’m thinking that Muriel is Northern Irish.

But Muriel claims that her paternal grandfather is a powerful fae of the Summer Court.

Ah. Anyway, the sarcasm does need to be there.

But that would give added edge of she doesn’t understand everything is a test, like her ancestors should have made that clear to her.

1 Like

Muriel has been living a pretty isolated existence for the past few years. She has trouble reading regular people’s intentions, much less fae.

Definitely adding this.

That game was in the PotC movie. So I’m familiar, but never tested it out…but I played Yahtzee all the time.

1 Like

I know nothing about A Court of Thorns and Roses, but I must say I totally love the title Where Winter Never Ends. It gives me ice princess vibes. :heart: (˘ᵋ ˘ )

1 Like

I prefer not knowing anything in some ways because if I know, I may conform too much, and kill “fresh takes”. But then it’s wading through “this is ignorance”. Lol

2 Likes

I took a long time to come up with that title. Glad you like it.

1 Like

I can send you the original book sometime if you are curious.

I’ve heard it Tam Lin and I’m sure I’ve read it before, kind of piecemeal, when researching… certainly be quick to refresh on that. I’ll think about it.

1 Like

@J.L.O is great at ideas and developing them. She comes up with good ones.

3 Likes

I tried to read some of it, but it is slower than a turtle walking their pet snail at a leisurely pace.

In other terms, for every chapter of A Court of Thorns and Roses, a whole volume of Overlord happens.

2 Likes

Lmao

1 Like

Sounds like a really cool idea tbh

1 Like

Very cool indeed!

1 Like

No progress today, but I don’t think that a lot of recognizable fae will show up. I’m going to work on making my creatures feel authentic over name-dropping species everyone already knows.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.