• Lipschitz
  • Fuchs

0 voters

1 Like

Harry Lipschitz.

Richard Fuchs.

Mind went to a dark place just now…

2 Likes

The worst thing is that there is a radio advertisement about a guy named Dr. Lipschitz telling you to get boosted.

2 Likes

There’s a character named Moist von Lipwig.

No.

1 Like

I chose Lipschitz because Fuchs is pronounced Fooks and means fox. But I can see how it could look worse on first glance to someone who never took German in high school. (>‿◠):v:

2 Likes

I feel so called out for this because in the very first novel I wrote on Wattpad, I had a character literally named Lipchits as a first name. :rofl: I only used it because I was inspired by the musical Chicago where in the song Cell Block Tango they used the name, but at the time, I didn’t realize it was a last name. :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Depending on the accent, it can still kind of sound like “fucks”

2 Likes

And it’s the same with Fockers. Of course, the name was made as a joke in the movies, but yeah. :sweat_smile:

Also not toward the given names, but another unfortunate name is Poop. I’ve met someone with this last name, but they were Asian and it was pronounce Poe-up. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just reminds me of Robin Hood Men in Tights.

(Paraphrased)

“My last name is Latrine!”

“How unfortunate.”

“I like it alright. It used to be s***house.”

5 Likes

once saw a sign for a realestate agent named Clint Cockburn.

4 Likes

Lipschitz sounds like a Mel Brooks character.

3 Likes

Just remembered where I heard the name from. Dr. Lipschitz is a Rug Rats cartoon character.

3 Likes

Dude… I totally forgot about that guy! Damn…thanks for reminding me!

LOL!

3 Likes

A Dr. Lipschitz had a radio ad telling people to get boosted in my local area. Extra unfortunate now.

3 Likes

Your title made me think of that scene from Dead Poets Society: Pits, Mr. Pits, how unfortunate.

But now that name seems more fortunate than the ones you gave.

I would vote on both if I could.

3 Likes

Reminds me of that one neuroscientist named Dick Swaab.

Always felt weird reading his studies.

3 Likes