Why did it have to be snakes trope

Is there anything that your character fears deeply?

Based on the trope.

2 Likes

Pugs and Shar Peis.

4 Likes

oddly specific

2 Likes

He doesn’t like that they look like wrinkly old men

2 Likes

even more odd

1 Like

I tend to go for internalized fears and situational fears, rather than a gimmick…

And In saying that with a real life phobia of grasshoppers. It takes too much to explain the odd all ones, and irrational fears don’t write the same as rational ones.

3 Likes

He is an odd duck

1 Like

I have my MC having a slight fear of cats, because they don’t like him for some reason and any time he’s in the same space with one, he ends up scratched and bitten. My MC is a synthetic and the cats are smart enough animals to pick up on the uncanny valley effect. They know he’s not actually human and don’t like that he’s unnatural. My MC doesn’t hate them and always tries his best to be friendly with them, but he’s always nervous because inevitably they end up attacking him.

2 Likes

Lizards.

2 Likes

Throw them with a komodo dragon!

2 Likes

Hmm…I don’t think any of my characters have a creature fear (probably because I don’t, well, I do, kind of, but since I don’t see gazillions of giant centipedes daily, I rarely think about them).

Maybe roaches, but that’s more disgust than fear.

2 Likes

I pet a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach once, it was cute

2 Likes

Yeah, some of them can be kinda cute especially if they’re already someone’s pet and are introduced with names.

But beware. My fire mage Argenton would eat it. Not raw, of course. Fried. Keep your roaches safe.

2 Likes
  • Being a failure.

• Being unsuccessful.

• Being inferior to his older brother.

• Goldfish jumping onto his bed and poking his butt in the middle of the night.

2 Likes