Why your fantasy novel needs dinosaurs

1. They are very novel, and don’t show up in a lot of modern fantasy worlds

2. They make for interesting characters

3. Everyone likes dinosaurs, and those who don’t are lying

4. Giant birds feature in a lot of fantasy worlds, so their kin should fit right in

5. They can be described in very interesting ways

6. Being ancient monsters, they likely have magical powers of their own

7. Make up your own reason

3 Likes

Interesting.
I don’t know how to feel about dinosaurs.

What prompt you to even ask such a thing?

1 Like

The Grishaverse is popular.

But it would be more popular if it had dinosaurs.

1 Like

Really? So, you would like to see a story that is Shadow and Bone meets Jurassic Park?

1 Like

More like Shadow and Bone but through the perspective of Raptor Red.

Assassins should meet dromeosaurs.

1 Like

Oh wow. LOL!

1 Like

There is a lot to do with them still

1 Like

Emj, I do lizard hominids, mostly.

1 Like

coughs and slides notes for a dinosaur-themed chapter or three off the table while looking around innocently

1 Like

Love dinosaurs, honestly great idea

1 Like

You make a good argument here…

But they would not fit too well in my Fantasy tale. Maybe if I ever extend into the Forgotten Lands to the far West of Arillion in another story, they could exist in some form.

SD

1 Like

Consider a society of intelligent sauropods

1 Like

http://www.cmkosemen.com/dinosauroids.html

I have a good counter argument. Angel Falls is already chaotic enough without them, and the would ruin the city and the natural landscape of the area. And also, dinosaurs would be irrelevant to the plot, and it would take too much effort to research them for no reason compared to the rest of the plot.

1 Like

Yeah but you have a clear and novel vision for Angel Falls.

1 Like

Yes, true. :flushed: I wanted to play the Devil’s (food cake) Advocate there, though. But to be honest, I don’t think that dinosaurs would fit anywhere in my fantasy worlds, or story worlds. I think that you need a specific vision (like you do) to also have them in your stories, or a good enough reason to.

1 Like

I have seen so many worlds that are devoid of color or interest that I must encourage people ti start thinking outside of the box for once

1 Like

Dinosaurs could theoretically exist in my urban fantasy story, since it’s a world inhabited by only dead things. I mean, there are other extinct animals featured. Characters have even asked if there are any dinosaurs running around anywhere.

But my story is already weird enough without dinos lol.

2 Likes

THERE IS NO WEIRD ENOUGH

2 Likes

That’s reasonable but the churro verse has too much color that it’s inventing it’s own damn shades. It’s a chaotic rains now of madness :wink:

1 Like