Winter Woods II; Chat and Relax

This came up while I was learning about fruit in my Chinese class:

What is the rule for tones in pinyin? Because I always see them at the end of the words whereas in Vietnamese you’re suppose to put them in the middle…

6 Likes

It may depend on the language

4 Likes

:joy: LOLOL can totally relate~
does it have to be memorized?

this does a pretty good job at explaining ^^

4 Likes

Thank you! It makes the tones even more complicated for me now XD (I can never memorize the tone names… so I call them by Vietnamese ones)

5 Likes

As a child I wanted to be a vet, now not really, I want to be some kind of doctor

6 Likes

Human doctor?

5 Likes

oops :joy: I just refer to them as 1, 2, 3, 4 (not sure abt everyone else)
the tones have names in Vietnamese?

5 Likes

ja~

5 Likes

Yeah, my sibling has them all down even though she hasn’t even started classes yet

Idk why I’m so confused, there are only 4 tones-

Yep!

Sách = equivalent of the 2nd tone
Huyền = equivalent of the 4th tone
Ngã = to me, it’s like the 3rd tone
Hỏi = same as the top, just say it like it’s a question
Nạng = lower than the 4th tone

5 Likes

That’s nice! Being a vet is kind of hard because animals can’t really communicate their pain

5 Likes

LOLOL what are u confused abt? :eyes:

oooh, I don’t really get what you mean by lower on the last one? (I put it into google translate lol-)

4 Likes

I guess, but I changed my mind for other reasons :joy:

4 Likes

Makes sense, makes sense. xD

Yeah, speaking is not my forte. Hmm, well we can have our speech in front of us, but we still have to maintain good eye contact, so I guess we have to, to some degree.

Ahaha same. It’s easiest that way.

6 Likes

Take Cantonese, that has 9 tones-
xDD

6 Likes

As a child I wanted to be a therapist, now I like forensics more. I’ve found a college with a good CSI course so, yeah, I’m gonna be doing that

therapist was my 4-6 y/o dream, 7-11 was the serial killer dream job which got me into forensics :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

the best job :raised_hands:

4 Likes

:joy: maybe

4 Likes

OOH FORENSICS! I used to want to get into that field too. That class was so cool. I still find it interesting (handwriting handwriting handwriting xD) but then neuroscience stole more of my heart :eyes:

6 Likes

XD yeah, it’s a lot of fun!

oooh sounds fun :eyes:

6 Likes

whats that?

4 Likes