Winter Woods II; Chat and Relax

When you go to a private school, learning to play an instrument is pretty much a requirement :joy: So basically in my primary school:

1st to 2nd grade: Keyboard (mandatory)

3rd to 4th grade: choose between keyboard or recorder

5th to 6th grade: choose between violin or recorder

and for the secondary division of that school (I moved school) 7th grade onwards, you can choose between guitar, recorder, or violin.

For my high school it keeps on changing because of the teacher, but for my first two years there (before the teacher left) guitar was mandatory for everyone.

So, we can play, because we have to :joy:

5 Likes

I knoww. When I was younger I didnā€™t mind it (and I told myself it was for defensive purposes) but now it feels awful.

Probablyā€¦ :pensive: Like not exactly directly into the finger, but like that outer portion.

Okay, good to know Iā€™m not the only one. xD

I wish it was mandatory for my school >.<

5 Likes

My parents probably wonā€™t let me do either :upside_down:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s sounds so different from here (even though I don:t even go to a private school-)

Ooh, for us itā€™s likeā€¦ (they were optional but highly encouraged in my school, so almost everyone did them)

3rd: recorders

4th: handmade dulcimers and/or recorders

5th: ukulele, and there was band if you wanted to do it (orchestra for others)

6th to end-ish of highschool: band (to my knowledge)

Most people usually just do it because of school then drop the instrument after theyā€™re done. Not much people are in band anymore (and itā€™s slowly getting boring for me because Iā€™m way ahead of everyone in classā€¦)

5 Likes

Aww, pooey

Do it when you get your freedom

4 Likes

Weā€™ll see lol.

4 Likes

itā€™s a deadly weapon :joy:
to both others and our mental state (at points where I donā€™t have scissors, etc, I would just bite them off, then rinse with 20 gulps of water)

:confounded: noooooooo, not there!!! <.<

XD

5 Likes

Yes. xD True. Haha, I rarely bite my nails anymore now. I just rip them. :sweat_smile:
Wait, you cut your nails with scissors?

<.<

5 Likes

effective 1000% :relieved:

itā€™s like those clippy-thingies that looks like scissors

5 Likes

Nail clippers?

6 Likes

Yep!

Ohhh. Yeah thatā€™s what I use. I thought you meant actual scissors :joy:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve cut my nails with scissors before, because I was at school and didnā€™t have a nail cutter :joy:

5 Likes

Personally, I would never cut my nails at school-
xD

5 Likes

YES THOSE THINGS- XD

:joy: oh, lol, nope, Iā€™d probably cut off an inch of my fingertip

5 Likes

ouch

5 Likes

I am wheezing :rofl:

4 Likes

Hehe, glad you like them XD

4 Likes
You guys have no idea how many takes this took, and it still is full of mistakes (really, itā€™s not good)

Let me preface this by saying that I donā€™t know the full song.

Yeah, as you can hear, Iā€™m still basic. That thing in the middle wasnā€™t a chord btw, it was my finger lifting off the fingerboard and the strings unsticking and therefore vibrating (itā€™s not supposed to do that). I made some mistakes, awkward pauses, and it doesnā€™t even sound like a guitar. The last part especially sounds more like violin pizzicato because I canā€™t press the strings enough to not mute them.

I wouldā€™ve recorded a better take but my right leg feels numb after I placed my guitar on it :sweat_smile:

this is what itā€™s supposed to sound like:

The difference is astounding :joy:

6 Likes
warning

THAT IS SO PRETTY!!!
:frowning: :heart: :star_struck:

6 Likes
also warning lol

THANK YOU! :pleading_face:

5 Likes